| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brooklyn! I will be in you March 9!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:43 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I'm planning to come to Brooklyn on Sat. March 9 for my friend's choir concert! I am hoping to find a place to sleep that night, and I would love to eat food with people before the concert. Anybody got crash space for a small friendly purple-headed choirqueer? Anybody want to get dinner (or invite me over for dinner, that's cool too!) that evening?

Note: I'm extremely allergic to scented cat litter, so unfortunately if you have that in your apartment I would not be able to stay with you. But I'm not allergic to any animals, so if you have animals, YAY, I love animals. (Unless your animals are going to try to kill me in my sleep, like Tofulish's cat.) And unscented cat litter is fine...it's just the scented stuff!

Post subject: Re: Brooklyn! I will be in you March 9!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:29 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

Aww too bad it's not a different weekend! I ended up planning an impromptu road trip that weekend (this is going to be the best month of road trips) with my two close brooklyn friends. I would have totally come out to brooklyn to hang out and we could have had a slumber party at their place! ah well, at least I get you the week after!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:49 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

I’d be up for meeting for dinner somewhere on Saturday, 3/9. I have some friends who might be interested, too. (I don’t know about the concert, though. Looking at the link and listening to the samples on the site, it doesn’t really seem like my kind of music. But maybe my friends would be interested in tagging along.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:25 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

:( i switched to scented litter recently, because there's more pee with her old kidneys slipping. the scent of the stuff i have right now is really strong (my cat smells a little bit like it all the time), so i'm afraid that even if i switched it and cleaned everything right now, you still wouldn't be able to breathe. that dust gets everywhere.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:37 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

acr wrote:
:( i switched to scented litter recently, because there's more pee with her old kidneys slipping. the scent of the stuff i have right now is really strong (my cat smells a little bit like it all the time), so i'm afraid that even if i switched it and cleaned everything right now, you still wouldn't be able to breathe. that dust gets everywhere.

Awww...yeah, that's exactly the kind of situation that I have to avoid. Damn chemical sensitivities! Alas and alack.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:37 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I'm heading to Brooklyn with my kids and Husband at the end of March for a spring break trip. Besides Dun Well Doughnuts and Foodswings-where else should we eat?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:15 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Check out supervegan.com! will you be heading into manhattan at all?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:39 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Check out supervegan.com! will you be heading into manhattan at all?

Not sure if you were talking to me, but thanks for the link! I only plan to pop over that way to hit up the Museum of Natural History.