| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for vegan roommate
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:58 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi guys,

I am a happy vegan lurker, and just finally joined because I am looking for a roommate; I hope you will forgive. It is a really awesome apartment and I am hoping to find another vegan to join me here.

Here is the ad I wrote:

My roommate is moving to London this summer, and we need someone new for our huge, sunny 2-bedroom retreat in Washington Heights. Vegan or vegetarian strongly preferred; queer, musician, etc. very welcome, any gender. I am looking for a positive, kind, and honest person who would like to collaborate on making a comfortable home together.

You would live with me: late-20s composer/writer, vegan, Cinnamon Snail addict, non-smoker, accordion player, quiet, sometimes silly, usually pretty busy, enjoy picnics in the park whenever I'm not. I direct a contemporary music ensemble and work for another ensemble, and also do tutoring and freelance editing.

The apartment is really spacious. Your room is 15x10'6 and our living room is 17'3x11'4, and there is a big kitchen and tons of closet space. Wow! It's just the two of us, so it's VERY low-drama. It's super close to the subway (A/C/1 at 168 or 175 st), lots of grocery stores, Jay Hood Wright Park, etc.
However, the apartment is located on the fifth floor and there is no elevator, so unfortunately the room is not suitable for people with walking impairments.

The room is $700 per month, including heat and water. There is a one-month security deposit. ConEd (gas/electric) and internet are not included, and usually come to about $50 for each of us per month.
It's available June 1 or earlier -- you could move in May 20 or even May 15. We currently have a lease through October 1 and I plan to sign a new one or month-to-month agreement afterward.

If this interests you or a friend, please get in touch by e-mail and I can send more information!

Music Tapes fans are especially welcome.

Thanks so much.

Ben

storkness@gmail.com

::

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]