| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Waves of Change Art Show for Sea Shepherd 6/27
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:04 am 
FAYGO

Thursday, June 27, Sea Shepherd NYC is holding their first ever art show at the Hasted Kraeutler gallery in Chelsea. Participating artists include artists well known in the vegan/animal rights community like Sue Coe, Dan Dunbar (yes, Dun-Well Doughnuts' Dan Dunbar!) and Jo-Anne McArthur, tattoo artists like James Spooner and Dan Bones and artivists like Molly Crabapple. Several Sea Shepherd crew members and campaign volunteers (including me) have provided pieces as well.

Vegan hors d'oeuvres and drinks will be served courtesy of Chickpea & Olive, Treeline Treenut Cheese, Querciabella, Blue Point Brewing Company, Maine Root and more. There will be a musical performance by the Emotional Wrecks, silent and live auctions and the usual Sea Shepherd table.

I haven't finished my piece yet (it's made from fishing line I collected at the Bonneville Dam while there for Sea Shepherd's sea lion defense campaign and a longline hook from the Galapagos), so I'm freaking out a little, but it should still be a great time. Hope some PPKers can make it, it would be great to see you!

All the details: https://my.seashepherd.org/NetCommunity ... px?pid=800
The Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/263130607162643/