| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sea Shepherd's Whalentine's Day Bake Sale: 2/16 @ MooShoes
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:14 am 
FAYGO

It's time for my favorite event of the year!

Who: Sea Shepherd NYC
What: Our Whalentine's Day bake sale!
Where: MooShoes, 78 Orchard St, NYC
When: Sunday, February 16, 12:30-5:30 PM
Why: To raise money to help protect our oceans and their wildlife.
How: Bake delicious vegan things. Eat delicious vegan things!
RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/1440277859538309/

All the details:

Please join Sea Shepherd Conservation Society New York City chapter for a fundraiser to benefit Sea Shepherd's vital ocean conservation work. Join us for sweet and savory treats to help defend whales, sharks, dolphins, seals, sea lions, tuna, and all marine wildlife. Please bring tupperware if you wish to take home any of the sweet or savory treats.

Official Sea Shepherd Conservation Society merchandise will be available for purchase.

Please bring a container if you plan to take home any of your treats.

If you would like to bake for the event, please send an email to nyc@seashepherd.org for more information or fill out the form at

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... _web#gid=0

The bake sale is from 12:30-5:30. MooShoes will be opening its doors to us at 12 PM to set up. If you are bringing food, supplies, etc. PLEASE arrive at the store by 12 PM. We will need time to set up the bake goods as well as our merchandise and literature table.

While baked goods and supplies should be dropped off at 12 PM, we ask that people not come to shop for baked goods or merchandise until 12:30 PM. It makes it harder to set up if people are standing around. MooShoes is not a large space so if you are able to come early, we will have some chalk if you would like to go around the area writing things like BAKE SALE FOR OCEAN CONSERVATION on the sidewalk.

LABELING: Please prepare a card or print out with the name of the baked goods you have prepared and a note of anything special about it (gluten free, soy free, nuts, etc.) Additionally, please label its container with the same information and attach a piece of paper with the ingredient list, including the ingredients of the products you used to make the baked goods. That includes either the name and type of your ingredients (e.g., whole foods chocolate chips, earth balance made with olive oil, etc) or include the ingredients of that product.

CONTAINERS and UTENSILS: If you want your container back at the end of the bake sale, please label it with your name. If your baked goods require cutting, scooping, tonging, flipping, spatulating or anything else, please bring the appropriate utensils. Please label them if you want them back and please either pick up the containers and utensils around 5:30 PM or make arrangements for someone to pick them up for you.

Please note that all baked goods contributed to the Whalentine’s Day bake sale should be vegan (i.e.: containing no animal products including, but not limited to, meat, eggs, milk, butter and other dairy and honey).

Hope to see you all there!

Post subject: Re: Sea Shepherd's Whalentine's Day Bake Sale: 2/16 @ MooSho
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:13 am 
Keepin' It Seal

I think I can come! Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to bake, though. but I want all of the things you said you were making!

Post subject: Re: Sea Shepherd's Whalentine's Day Bake Sale: 2/16 @ MooSho
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:45 pm 
FAYGO

Hope to see you there!

And we have a poster now!