| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Can't Miss NYC Food Spots
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:22 am 
Saggy Butt

Quote:
Does that mean they removed honey from the menu, or stopped caring that vegans don't eat honey...guessing/hoping the former?

I'm not sure, but I hope so too! I'm going to check next time I'm in NY.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:11 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Went up to nyc sunday for a day trip. Tried out a few new places in Manhattan that I had been lurking via IG.

Did brunch at By Chloes which was good. Went with pancakes, meatball sandwich, cinnabun, & a hashbrown. Id definitely go again to try some more items. Everything was good but I didnt love it as much as i was hoping. it felt like HipCityVeg to me which i feel the same way about.

Next did 00 & Co. : Cheese plate, arugula/strawberry salad, faro sausage/cashew motz/fennel pizza. I was really excited for this place and the pizza was a little bit of a let down... wasnt a huge fan of the farro on the pizza and $18 for a personal 'zaa is a bit pricey side. Id give it another whirl but wont be on the need to go spots.

Then did Mother of Pearl: Started with a couple drinks and the jackfruit buns & fried tofu. I was loving the vibe and the cork/mocktails were really amazing/inventive. id never had toasted sesame seed oil in a cocktail before... also the food was amazing. We only caught the end of brunch but will definitely be back for dinner. Best meal of the day.

Superiority Burger is just around the corner so I stopped there for a burger, broccoli, asparagus, and vegan dessert. Not the cheapest place but really solid food. Was a bit bummed they didnt have the philly yuba as that was one of the better sandwhiches Id had in a while.

Grabbed some macrons at the Confectionery store next door which I hadnt been to yet. Cute little store and a really easy way to spend alot of money on treats :)

Rode into BK for some drinks at Torst and Champs before leaving town. Still the best tempeh wings ive had thus far. got a burger which id never had before which was alright. no shakes unfortunately due to the temp of the kitchen.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:28 am 
Nailed to the V

I get to spend a week in NYC and have my reservations all mapped out along with days where I can eat on the fly. I have a brunch and dinner reservation at Dirt Candy as well as a brunch and dinner at Mother of Pearl. My first meal after landing will be at Adelina's, based on Isa's recent Instagramming. The other days will be full of Cinnamon Snail, By Chloe, Dunwell and Champs. Not sure I will have time for Blossom or Candle this time around. Very excited about Haymarket and the Vegan Shop Up at Pinebox next Saturday. I am ready to DO THIS.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:44 am 
Saggy Butt

Last time I was there I tried By Chloe which was so crowded but very worth it (that strawberry lemonade is delicious), Beyond Sushi at Chelsea Market which was also very good and inventive sushi (and Chelsea Market is super cute), and Cinnamon Snail conviently located at The Pennsy. All great on the go spots!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:41 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I made reservations at Dirt Candy last night for later this month! Seriously, there were 3 openings at seriously late times...how thrilling! I'm a big fan of late night dinners, so 9:15pm it is! I read this "KOREAN FRIED BROCCOLI $8
basically it's crack in broccoli form" and recall Paula recommending it, so, I'm in.