| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New York Tattoo Artist Rec....
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:28 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Hi all,

My husband and I are going to be in NY end of March... long long flight from Hong Kong. I'd like to know if any of you have a tattoo artist you can recommend? We wanna get one while we're there to mark our honeymoon :)

Post subject: Re: New York Tattoo Artist Rec....
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:40 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Seth Wood at Saved

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:22 am 
Member type 4

The guy with the veg sleeve in progress at Lula's suggested Daredevil. I'm going there for my next one--quite vegan friendly and very talented artists there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:32 am 
FAYGO

I go to Myles Karr at Sacred: http://myleskarr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:38 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Do you think it will be difficult to set up an appointment since I'm trying to do it from Hong Kong? We're gonna be in NYC in March and hoping I can schedule one then for my and hubs .... I contacted one shop and they said I couldn't schedule since they dont accept paypal or credit card as a deposit :(

Waiting to hear back from 'saved' will contact myleskarr...thanks for the recomendations :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:53 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Daredevil is great too! Myles has a very distinct style and quite a following.
I gave Seth at Saved a PayPal deposit, but he books up really fast, so March might be too soon.

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:37 am 
FAYGO

GAH! I get pierced at Sacred! Myles is at Three Kings! Sorry! http://www.threekingstattoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:34 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

Try anyone at Brooklyn Tattoo - they're all wonderful. My husband and I have had a lot of work done by Willie; other friends have had a lot done by Adam. Ryoko's work is beautiful too!

www.brooklyntattoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:30 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Thanks for all the referrals.... am contacting them all see which one is available :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:10 am 
Saggy Butt

i'd also like to throw new york adorned into the mix: http://www.nyadorned.com

i've only been to the east village location and my friend and i got very basic tattoos (black ink only), but the artists are great and they often take walk-ins. i got mine done by bryan randolph.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:39 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

fabulous_muscles wrote:
The guy with the veg sleeve in progress at Lula's suggested Daredevil. I'm going there for my next one--quite vegan friendly and very talented artists there.

omg brad!i remember when he had like no tattoos and then now i see him every once in a while and it hasn't even been a year and it is growing so much!
i know alyssa(former and possibly still? ppker) who gets tattooed ALOT swears by there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:29 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

This might be too late, but my advice is to avoid New York Adorned, particularly if you're from overseas. Boyfriend, our best friend and I all booked appointments to get tattooed there- mine was my birthday present from Boyfriend. They took weeks to email us back and were super vague about everything. They ended up saying 'yep, we can probably tattoo you all on July 6th, we'll let you know'. They didn't update us after that, so the week before we left Australia we emailed them just asking for confirmation of the appointment and times. They never emailed back. We tried calling, but they never picked up. We emailed again when we got into New York, didn't hear anything. We ended up figuring that if they were going to treat us like that, then they hadn't earned their money from us. So we didn't go to the shop. When we got back to our hostel we had an abusive email from them accusing us of wasting their time by not showing up to the appointments that they never bothered to confirm.

So yeah, apparently they can take the time to email when it suits them, but not to properly organise an appointment that they would have made a lot of money from. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never been treated like that by a tattoo artist before. Everyone else I've seen will bend over backwards for you.

I've heard good things about Saved, I'll probably get in touch with them next time I know I'll be over there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:54 am 
Saggy Butt

Erinnerung wrote:
This might be too late, but my advice is to avoid New York Adorned, particularly if you're from overseas. Boyfriend, our best friend and I all booked appointments to get tattooed there- mine was my birthday present from Boyfriend. They took weeks to email us back and were super vague about everything. They ended up saying 'yep, we can probably tattoo you all on July 6th, we'll let you know'. They didn't update us after that, so the week before we left Australia we emailed them just asking for confirmation of the appointment and times. They never emailed back. We tried calling, but they never picked up. We emailed again when we got into New York, didn't hear anything. We ended up figuring that if they were going to treat us like that, then they hadn't earned their money from us. So we didn't go to the shop. When we got back to our hostel we had an abusive email from them accusing us of wasting their time by not showing up to the appointments that they never bothered to confirm.

So yeah, apparently they can take the time to email when it suits them, but not to properly organise an appointment that they would have made a lot of money from. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never been treated like that by a tattoo artist before. Everyone else I've seen will bend over backwards for you.

I've heard good things about Saved, I'll probably get in touch with them next time I know I'll be over there.

aw, poop, that sucks. sorry erinnerung! i guess i lucked out. i also want to check out saved.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:51 am 
Member type 4

I didn't have a problem with NY adorned at all.