| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 967, 968, 969, 970, 971, 972, 973 ... 1873  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:55 pm 
Naked Under Apron

lavawitch wrote:
AutumnLeaves wrote:
I have drank a bottle of wine, and I am the queen of the universe. You are my subjects. Her majesty is amusing.

Fixed it for you.

Touchè. Her majesty is amused, loyal subject. I hope Molly doesn't bite your finger off. Just kidding. Very drunk. You finger might make Molly sick. VERY DRUNK. Her majesty is amusing, like you said.

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:06 pm 
WELFARIST!

Hungry Jack syrup truck spills onto Buttermilk Pike

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:06 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I have a few students who disappeared from my class and work goes back and forth via parole officers and juvie workers.

ALL of those students got their essential work to me, did a GOOD job on it and passed for the year.

I'm so happy.

I don't know the stories and don't need to know. But whatever their situations are, at least they are going to graduate and will have at least one positive fall into place. I also hope that they realize that most of their teachers have really cared and done a lot behind the scenes to help and that this shows that the world is NOT all against them even if it may seem so.

*sniff* I'm going to miss my students. Even the ones who were sometimes pbnoxious jerks. I mean, that's part of their job anyway, right? I got a lot of hugs today *sniff*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:52 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ugh, WHY do people have to share pictures of dead animals (dead from abuse/neglect or pts in shelters) on facebook? Does it do anything besides make people feel horrible? We had to euthanise a kitten today and then I come home and have to see pictures of a dead dog on fb.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:30 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I have slept less than 4 hours in the last 36, 15 hours of which were spent working on a group project on Bayesian Analysis for which I lost my partner because despite saying that overnight was the time we had in common to work on it, she fell asleep while working. Use Bayes' Theorem to estimate the probability of how exhausted and pissed off I am about now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:39 pm 
Dead by dawn

Biker boy and I are going to visit his parents on Sunday and instead of wringing her hands and saying, "but I don't know what to feeeeed a vegan..." his step-mom used her noggin and came up with fajitas. "I just have to grill the meat and veggies separately and she can skip the cheese and sour cream, right?" He reminded her to use separate utensils and to check the tortillas and beans for lard. I wish all omnis could realize that it's not so terribly difficult. At my last boyfriend's family get-together it was "she can just have salad." Can I keep this one? Pretty please? (Good Lard, we're just 18 days shy of a year!)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:45 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

lavawitch wrote:
I have a few students who disappeared from my class and work goes back and forth via parole officers and juvie workers.

ALL of those students got their essential work to me, did a GOOD job on it and passed for the year.

I'm so happy.

I don't know the stories and don't need to know. But whatever their situations are, at least they are going to graduate and will have at least one positive fall into place. I also hope that they realize that most of their teachers have really cared and done a lot behind the scenes to help and that this shows that the world is NOT all against them even if it may seem so.

*sniff* I'm going to miss my students. Even the ones who were sometimes pbnoxious jerks. I mean, that's part of their job anyway, right? I got a lot of hugs today *sniff*

*hugs* That is fantastic!!

I'm getting to the emotional bits too. Partially emotional for all the students that I feel I didn't do enough for, and partially emotional for all the students that I am so freaking proud of and all the progress made this year.

Great job, LW. You deserve all those hugs, and even if those students who passed don't see it now, they will definitely, definitely realize it. You rock!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:18 am 
Discovered unobtainium

You've had such a rough year, Darth. Congrats on making it through!

I'm so fortunate my work environment was so good this year. Now I am just praying I can be rehired. Won't know until July.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:22 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I love giving people delicious gifts, and that is why I am currently preparing to fly from Portland to NYC with a half pound of fancy coffee, pastries from Sweetpea, and a jar of Portland-crafted 'bacon' pickles (so-called because they are just a little smoky-tasting. I never would have tried them, but I overheard the pickle guy at the farmer's market telling a customer they didn't actually contain bacon and then I had to try some for Science and they were pretty dang delicious).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:25 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I am babysitting in a hotel room for a kid whose dad is apparently a kind of big deal musician and is playing here tonight. I didn't know what a big deal he was until I googled him from the hotel room.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:10 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I am having meta first world problems.

I am not going to get enough sleep because I am so hooked on the uber-first world problems of Downton Abbey that I can't stop watching.

First world problems have caused my first world problem.

MODERN LIVING IS HARD.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:45 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I dreamed I was wearing a T-shirt with a really elaborate pun on it (one level was that it was using really complicated synonyms for every word) and I got on a bus, and Stephen Fry was on the bus and read my shirt and laughed in an appreciative way. Then I woke up and tried to remember the pun, and now the words don't make any sense anymore. Meh.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:41 am 

I am still babysitting and it is almost 2 and I babysit again at 8 am!

Also I have not gotten more than maybe 4 hours of sleep for the past week.

So cranky.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:15 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

monkeytoes wrote:
(Good Lard, we're just 18 days shy of a year!)

No way! Congratulations! <3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:33 am 
WELFARIST!

I cut up a habanero pepper this morning and completely forgot...just touched my eye...I thought I was going to go blind.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:57 am 
Nailed to the V

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
All else fails, try adding shedded collie hair to your daily rice ration for extra protein.

I kid. I was having this scare a week ago. And then on the way home, after having spent all my summer fun money on the vet bill, I went shopping for organic blueberries for her. I don't think I found any, but I am sure I got her some extravagent treat. Great. Now my memory is going.

I'm sure I accidentally eat a good amount of collie hair anyway. Too bad there's not a black market for dog hair; I could make a fortune!

The physical therapy place does take care credit though, so that's a good option. And hopefully my dog will reach a point where we can phase out the therapy sessions. The original recommendation was for twice a week, but the therapist said she could give us a home exercise program to do and we could go in once a week instead. And of course, I would do anything for my puppy, even if it puts me in debt. I'm just happy there's something I can do. She fell and injured herself two months ago and just wasn't getting better, but the vet at the therapy place thought she could definitely have a good recovery.

RC, I actually work for a vet rehab clinic and most of our patients that have a story like yours do graduate in a reasonable amount of time!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:50 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Steffers! wrote:
RC, I actually work for a vet rehab clinic and most of our patients that have a story like yours do graduate in a reasonable amount of time!

I really hope so! The place we're going is great, so I'm really hopeful. At our first appointment, the vet there did an exam and immediately spotted the problem with Sable's back (she had been limping, so my regular vet was focused on her leg and missed the back issues!). Apparently, her spine is a bit out of alignment and the muscles in her lower back are really tight and knotted up. At home, I have to put a heat pack on her back every day for 10-15 min, then give her a massage and do some range of motion exercises on her legs for her arthritis, and I think I can already see a small improvement! Thursday we went for our second appointment and they did some laser therapy, full massage and cavaletti work. She definitely felt good after that. She's going to see the chiropractor next week and I'm hoping that will help a lot too.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:19 pm 

Good luck to your pup, RC.

Guys, I just found cherries on the reduced produce rack for $0.99/lb. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them, they're just the ones that fell out of the various bags of cherries and into the display tray.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:53 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

A new "artisan" cheese shop has opened up in town. The people who own it are really nice (they're well-known foodies in the area), and a ton of my friends like going there, but whenever pictures from the shop show up on my fb feed (because friends like them), I remember how GROSS cheese looks. Seriously, what's the deal with people liking cheese? It's so gross looking!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:47 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Just catching up on PPK and realizing that I need Mars to live closer and be my best friend. Love.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:17 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

paprikapapaya wrote:
Just catching up on PPK and realizing that I need Mars to live closer and be my best friend. Love.

Eep! Luv to you too! You're in Toronto right? I do keep meaning to get myself out there again, I miss it so. Not to get your hopes up, it really probably will take me at least another year to manage that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:47 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Kid that dumped his grade report on the floor and left the room without permission (as usual; I've called security on him loads of times) is now bisqueing and complaining that his grade is unfair. He has gone to the principal.

I'm so pissed. Last week in class kids specifically had time to go over grades one on one with me. This kid chose not to do so.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:00 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I've had stomach pains since about 1pm. For the past few hours they have been excruciating and the only position that I can be that doesn't make it worse is hurting my back.

I have one and a half doses of codeine left. I'm so hesitant to use one because I'm afraid something worse will happen, but this really hurts! Hot water bottle stopped helping hours ago.

Should I take it?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:05 am 
Impressive boner

I moved out of my old property almost two calendar months ago and have yet to receive the full deposit back, plus the landlord owes me over £200 for electricity. He hasn't been responding to contact from me or Mr8 and I've just had confirmation that our deposit wasn't protected. By law, landlords and letting agents have to do this and if they don't they could be ordered to repay up to three times the original amount of the deposit to the tenant. I'm giving him until Wednesday to respond to my most recent contact however if no response is forthcoming we'll send him a very clear letter stating that he can either pay us what he owes or we'll pursue it legally.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:12 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We're still waiting on the return of our deposit from our old flat. We moved out in January but only got the final bit of info they needed to them at the end of April. Still, it's been over a month - we should've had the check by now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 967, 968, 969, 970, 971, 972, 973 ... 1873  Next