| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301 ... 609  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:36 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Finished with this big filing project I've had going for the last three days. I had to re-organize the boxes and file things that hadn't been filed in a month and a half (and here, that allows for a huge build up). SO DONE.

Going to see friends for dinner and, if I get my second job related writing done, I can write personal stories! Wahoo!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:11 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

A delightful lunch with a delightful man.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:15 pm 
Inflexitarian

Similar to the above: a delightful evening with a delightful lady :3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:49 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Buzzed off of one beer! Life is good :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:22 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

the cat shelter i work at is moving this week! to a brand new green facility, built just for us! no more mold infested floors, 20 years of cat pee walls, washer and dryer that don't actually fit in their room, phones that don't work unless you hold the jack in place, gross old falling apart three story building. shiny new loveliness! we moved a third of the cats yesterday, a third today, and a third will come tomorrow- today was my first full day at the new place and the cats are settling in better than i expected.

also, new tiny kitten! she crawled around on my boobs for like 20 minutes at the end of the day, it was wonderful even though she's smelly. she's smaller than a burrito.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:35 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I volunteered to a review a book for Aarhus University's student journal. I sent them a long list and said "choose". They apparently sent that list to the publisher (also said "choose!") .... and the publisher apparently decided I should have a free copy of each of those books. Hot damn! Fancy academic books are at least €100 each, and I get a surprise package of them next week!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:36 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

electric_claire wrote:
also, new tiny kitten! she crawled around on my boobs for like 20 minutes at the end of the day, it was wonderful even though she's smelly. she's smaller than a burrito.

tiny kitty! that's great, e_claire. also, that new facility! it'll make the cats (and their people!) so much happier.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:19 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

lutin wrote:
I volunteered to a review a book for Aarhus University's student journal. I sent them a long list and said "choose". They apparently sent that list to the publisher (also said "choose!") .... and the publisher apparently decided I should have a free copy of each of those books. Hot damn! Fancy academic books are at least €100 each, and I get a surprise package of them next week!

That sounds fantastic ! :) :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:12 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

So far, waking up to cuddles. Though I do need to get a move on and get on the train so I can get to what'll hopefully be the next best thing of the day: making rainbow cake (for the first time) for my awesome little brother who is not so little anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:42 am 
Chip Strong

I got to talk to my darling love on skype for nearly 2 hours! We haven't spoken in about 6 weeks because they're off on adventures in the US. I've been missing them terribly, so it was really great to see their face (even if it was pixelated and unclear the whole time) and hear their voice.
They'll be back in 3 weeks tomorrow. *counting down the days*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:08 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I've been sitting here kind of grumpy because I want a delicious sandwich for lunch, and I couldn't think of anywhere nearby that could offer me that, and then I remembered there's a Clover Food Truck near Boston Common now! Yes!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:13 pm 
WRETCHED

I'm still grumpy because my local ethiopian place closed up a few months ago. Maybe this weekend is time to go to a 'not so local' ethiopian place but damnit, the other one was right near my work.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:59 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Ahh, lutin, that's so cool! Free books are the best.
e_c, it must be so nice to be in a not-yucky facility.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:53 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My little brother is graduating from UW today with a degree in Chemical Engineering! ZOMG, he's a big kid now! So happy for him. !!!

(Also, I am making a HUGE batch of kimchi today to split with a bunch of people - they heard I make it myself, and requested to try it and loved it SO much that I'm making them a huge jar to keep in their fridge. So now my sink is totally full of salty, soaking cabbage. Yay.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:18 am 
Impressive boner

I went to a Punx Picnic gig last night and it was amazing. We saw an all-girl band, Nu Pogodi, who blew me away. The atmosphere was great and I drank too much cider.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:14 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Today has just been awesome and it's not over yet. We first went to the farmer's market which was totally packed and everyone was smiling. Ran into a friend of Trevor's who is this beefcake, hot trans guy and he called me a babe. Then we had whoopie pies. Came home, talked to my dad on the phone which was nice. Then we went out to the downtown street fest where they shut down all the streets to cars. People galore! Live music! So much vegan food - and for free! Much camaraderie among the vegans we met. They gave us sandwiches and ice cream sandwiches and high fives. Walked home under the cover of shady trees and had a moment where I thought to myself, "This is the life."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:37 pm 
Dead by dawn

Biker boy and I were looking for somewhere to have a drink and an early dinner so I yelped this place down the street from me. They have a cool-looking patio and they're walking distance, but I have never been there (never mind that I have been in this neighborhood for two years!) Turns out it's a Latin American place and the beans and rice are vegan so, so far so good, right? We stop in and the menu has a couple of great looking choices, including grilled veggie and bean tacos. It was sooooo good! And now we have a fun place for summer that we can walk to and get delicious tacos and tequila cocktails*.

*to understand the significance of this, I could have just said the best thing about my day was tequila and it would mostly have been true. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:13 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I woke up next to a very cute guy that I am very interested in continuing to see in the mornings. And evenings. And afternoons. And, like, all the time.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:36 pm 
Inflexitarian

Saw some surprisingly good music last night with the delightful lady again. Afterwards, we swung on swings at a playground :) That may have been at 1am, so technically that's the best part of today.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:38 pm 
Impressive boner

We went to the Green Festival in Nottingham, had awesome burgers from the Veggies van and cupcakes from a new all-vegan bakery. Not as good as homemade, but still it's good to see vegan food available like that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:44 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

The knowledge that I don't have to go to work tomorrow.

With all the burglary hoo-ha of the last 24 hours, I totally forgot that I have not had a day off at home in 19 days. I worked a 9 day stretch, went to LA for 4 days, then worked another 5 days. With a vacation that short, it's so hard to actually relax.

I am currently sitting on the couch for literally the first time in over a week. I'm so sore.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:58 pm 
Semen Strong

Awesome day out with PPK mamas in NYC! And I managed to get my 18lb kid, diaperbag and a 16lb stroller into the city on public transport and home again. I am stronger than I thought.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:15 pm 
Married to the wolfman

We saw friends we haven't seen in a really long time and had a great time playing with them at the beach. It was really nice.

The rest of our days was kind of balls. But that part...t hat was really nice.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:29 pm 
Dead by dawn

Visit with biker boy's dad and step-mom was really nice. They live out on one of the islands so we spent the day ferrying over there, hanging out on their lovely deck in the sun checking out their view (complete with bald eagles and deer.) Step-mom made a whole mess of veggie fajitas with a little dish of grilled meat for the three of them, and a little dish of grilled tofu for me. When we were done with dinner, there was meat left over and biker boy was picking at the remains of the tofu, which was cute. Anyway, nice weather, good company, good food, good day.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:59 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

getting 50 people from this conference to a vegan restaurant! (there's a "Night of Meat" event, so someone created a "Night of Tofu" event in retaliation :D!). good chats with all sorts of shiny new people! I'm stupid excited, and the conference hasn't even started

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301 ... 609  Next