| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 330, 331, 332, 333, 334, 335, 336 ... 632  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:02 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Fatcat, you're a prosecutor, no?

Sorry you had a shitty reaction to your presentation, but good on you for doing it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:14 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I have horrible cramps and I had them all night and couldn't sleep and I also feel like my sick cat is getting worse and I am freaking out because I'm not ready to lose her at all.

I want to go back to bed but it's not like I'll be able to sleep when I'm in this much pain.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:22 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

It was for law enforcement. I wish it didn't have to be such an uphill battle to get people to care. I love the PPK because I can say it here and you guys get why it bothers me. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:04 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I'm feeling rough over here today.

My dog is sick. He hasn't eaten and had a bloody poo.

We've had some severe weather lately, record rainfall and storms. Now we are dealing with a leaky basement.

After a week apart, (I was taking care of my mom, post surgery) my husband is now in Vancouver on business this weekend.

Blah!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:40 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Seeing my mother-person, father and brother. Mother-person is the most narcissistic person ever, it's so draining to be around. Father is under her spell again and just dropped $1000 on her today shopping. She tells me this right infront of him, how he spent so much money, which I feel was incredibly rude. I'm trying to remember that one can't choose their family and her being like that is not a reflection on me. But damn, does it ever depress me and make me feel bad about myself that I'm related to that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:05 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Much love to you, PP. Who your mother is says nothing about who you are!

Sending healthy doggy thoughts your way, Studio.

I am just so so sad today. It's been almost a month since the break-up and my heart is still just so damn broken. Having one of the most important people in your life just disappear from it is so weird and so awful. And I haven't slept properly in at least a week and a half.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:21 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Today was weird. My uncle has esophageal cancer and doesn't have a lot of time left. One of the things he wanted was a big family party, so a bunch of my family from out east came out (including my aunt - his sister - who was in a horrible car accident last summer and just got out of the hospital after nine months). It was such a beautiful thing to be able to all be together and to spend time with my uncle and let him know how loved he is, but it was also really really forking sad.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:53 am 
Shopped till she dropped

Our apartment was broken into tonight. Some dicknut stole all of our chargers, our change jar, an old ibook and Fred's iPad. They shockingly left all of the real expensive stuff: all Fred's expensive music equipment, all the other, working computers, all signs of identity, etc. So now we're paranoid that they'll come back and take that shiitake.

The rest of the stuff, I could seriously give two shiitakes about, but our forking chargers? I hope you get hit by a car.

Why are people such crassholes? It might be naive, but i honestly don't understand.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:13 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Did Fred do a remote erase on the iPad?

Sorry that happened.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:24 am 
WRETCHED

If the iPad was setup with location services, you can track down the address and give it to the police.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:41 am 
Shopped till she dropped

We waited almost two hours for the police to show, but they never did. We had both been out drinking last night, so when I got home, it took me a while to realize anything was missing. Luckily, I can charge my phone at work, and there's an Apple store two blocks away, so I can run over and grab a new charger on my break.

I'm not sure if Fred set the pad up with any locators. He's not always as good at that stuff as I am. I'll ask him about all that when he wakes up in a little bit We have renter's insurance, so hopefully, everything will be covered. The charger thing really sucks, 'cause we're mildly addicted to our gadgets.

Also, I'm having digestion issues. Things have not been right in my belly for a while. A little hypocondriacal googling leads me to believe I have some degree of gluten sensitivity. Not thrilled. I'm going off gluten for a week to see if that helps.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:46 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Aaaand today a dinner that was supposed to be in lieu of Father's Day ended up having my mother-person as a guest. She came as my father, her ex-husband's, date? I guess? So anyway, she goes on to tell me that our family doctor is retiring. And he has selected 4 doctors for his patients to be easily integrated into their practices. She is not happy with his choices...because they're all "pakistani". I guffawed and asked her to clarify. She says she doesn't know why but that just bothers her. Um, forking excuse me? I know why it bothers you. Because you think that you, Queen of your white trash town, are inherently better than people who are brown....just because. How am I related to these people?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:10 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Update!
Fred does have a locator app on the Pad, but he's been at work all day, so he hasn't been able to check it. The cops came while I was asleep (I can pretty much sleep through anything, clearly), probably about 4 hours after we called.

I posted about the whole thing on the book of faces, and it turns out a friend I haven't spoken to in a long time lives 3 blocks away, and her building was broken into too! And there are at least 2 people on the Customer Service team at my store that were robbed recently as well. We all live in the same neighborhood, so it's a freakin' crime spree. Thankfully, it looks like we were definitely on the lucky side.

At work today, I talked to one of our Loss Prevention people about it. He said it was probably some kids who just went in and grabbed whatever they saw. I'm still shocked they didn't steal either of my laptops or my tip money, but from what the LP guy said, they likely weren't looking for stuff like that. They were probably pissed they didn't get our computers, and that we don't own a television, so they took all the chargers instead. Jerks. I'm more worried about the possibility about them coming back. Through the stories we've heard, they have a pattern. Hopefully they're caught soon. In the meantime, maybe we should do like my parents and get a timer for one of our lights.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:08 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

kara kara wrote:
Update!
Fred does have a locator app on the Pad, but he's been at work all day, so he hasn't been able to check it. The cops came while I was asleep (I can pretty much sleep through anything, clearly), probably about 4 hours after we called.

I posted about the whole thing on the book of faces, and it turns out a friend I haven't spoken to in a long time lives 3 blocks away, and her building was broken into too! And there are at least 2 people on the Customer Service team at my store that were robbed recently as well. We all live in the same neighborhood, so it's a freakin' crime spree. Thankfully, it looks like we were definitely on the lucky side.

At work today, I talked to one of our Loss Prevention people about it. He said it was probably some kids who just went in and grabbed whatever they saw. I'm still shocked they didn't steal either of my laptops or my tip money, but from what the LP guy said, they likely weren't looking for stuff like that. They were probably pissed they didn't get our computers, and that we don't own a television, so they took all the chargers instead. Jerks. I'm more worried about the possibility about them coming back. Through the stories we've heard, they have a pattern. Hopefully they're caught soon. In the meantime, maybe we should do like my parents and get a timer for one of our lights.

I'm so sorry this happened to you, ugh! I had my car broken into at one point when I was basically homeless. It sucks so hard. :(

As for the chargers, they probably took them because they're easy to sell and hard to trace.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:16 pm 

Waking up super hungover and reflecting on poor choices made last night.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:57 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Found out yesterday I'm losing my second job right as I move to a more expensive 1 bedroom apartment in a couple months. I can't afford said apartment on one salary. I mean, I'll be glad not to bike 14 miles out to said job on Sundays and not have to deal with the stress of having a job whose tasks are a little on the non-clear side. But still.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:04 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

my tooth hurts. Got a new filling today and now its even more sore than before. Need. more. painkillers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:53 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Overwhelming amount of stress right now. I have a toothache, and while I'm pretty proud of myself for making a dentist appointment (first in five years, eep!), I'm super nervous about going to get it fixed/treated/whatever. I finally got a loan statement for my student loan - they had stopped sending them, and they kept using the wrong address, though I updated it three times! - and I looked at how much principal I've paid down, and it's just a bit depressing. I'm hardly making a dent, it seems. And baby is due to come in one to four weeks. I'm ready for the baby, but I'm a little nervous again about the birth. I wasn't before, but the nerves returned! Bah. And of course, to top it all off, I have had pretty annoying insomnia, and just want to get some rest. I'm exhausted. The end.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:25 pm 

Our kitty died this afternoon. She was 4 years old. My partner bottle fed her from the time she was a day or two old, because some neighbor kids found her with no mom.
She was super attached to us both, always wanting to groom us or try to "nurse." If she was in the back yard when my partner for home from work she would run to greet him when she heard his bike.
He gets home from work soon and is going to be heart broken.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:31 pm 

I'm so sorry, Olives :(

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:52 pm 

Oh, Olives! Big internet hugs. I'm so sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:32 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Olives, that is so sad. Was she ill? Could you prepare yourself for it? Its always horrible when pets die, but she was still so very young!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:29 am 
Cranky

My library's budget for next year is even worse than the "worst case scenario" they gave us a few weeks back. They are cutting our budget nearly in half. I'm not even sure if we'll be able to stay open. I've been applying for other jobs, but I guess I need to step it up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:50 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Dr. Apricot wrote:
My library's budget for next year is even worse than the "worst case scenario" they gave us a few weeks back. They are cutting our budget nearly in half. I'm not even sure if we'll be able to stay open. I've been applying for other jobs, but I guess I need to step it up.

That's terrible, Dr. A. Is there a chance that it could change? I know that our budget number changes about 100 times before City Council actually approves everything.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:47 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

It seems a friend's toddler has died. I never met her but we talked about her so much, and he showed me photos and video of her recently, she was a wee dote. I've text him saying I wanted to phone but he's probably in the thick of things atm. My heart is broken for him. Just the worst thing in the world.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 330, 331, 332, 333, 334, 335, 336 ... 632  Next