| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338 ... 647  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:07 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

People are so forking savage today. What is the deal?!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:29 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

fezza wrote:
Emailing someone to find out funeral arrangements for a toddler. Words can't describe.

I was at a baby's funeral three years ago and hoped that I would never be at one again. Those poor families.

I'm so sorry, fezza. Babies shouldn't die :(

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:35 pm 
Semen Strong

Ugh, I am so sorry. I can't even handle hearing stories of babies dying, I can't imagine how much pain your friends are in right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:14 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

missdelaney, can you install a lock on your door? Or lock your important things in your closet? Or kick your stupid roommate out?

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:15 am 
Has gasoline in her veins

I just need to rant, because I'm really, really angryyy.
Spoiler: show
I pulled up to my house to find Frodo running around in the street. NONE of my housemates admitted to letting him out of my room, and instead of agreeing to my asking to leave him in my room while I'm gone, they just made excuses. Blame it on the screen door, blame it on how "impossible" it is to leave him alone because of his barking (he is NOT that loud) or just make jokes about it. If you can't forking watch him, don't let him wander around.

FORK YOU MAKING EXCUSES, MY DOG COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED. HOLY SHIITAKE, PEOPLE.

This is the second time I've found Frodo out of my room, with the housemates not taking responsibility. Yeah, I feel like a passive agressive douche ranting on a forum, but I'm one incident away from freaking the fork out.

(this is actually the worst thing about my day, not the other thing I posted... but it's pretty much the same thing.)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:02 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

The entire BART system is shut down. Naturally, the Bay Area transit agencies have no contingency plan for such an event. I am taking the transbay bus for the first time in 20 minutes and it's all I can do to hope there's enough room on the bus for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:27 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

missdelaney wrote:
Olives, I am so sorry.
Invictus, be safe!!!

I thought I had settled my 'don't touch my shiitake' issue with my roommate. He had been following my wishes almost to a tee. I went to band practice, leaving both roommates home and apparently going out somewhere. I come home to find my acoustic guitar gone. I freaked out and ran through the house looking for it, saw its case still leaning against the wall, and sent my roommate a nasty text. And I mean it's the nastiest, rudest text I have ever sent. I would've called and screamed, but he's at a bar.
I'm forking pissed. It is inconsiderate and rude to touch a person's things without asking no matter what it is. To take it out of the house without its protection, without asking the owner, knowing that guitar means the forking world to its owner and, lastly and least of all, is an expensive thing he does not have the money to replace...I am beyond words to imagine how he even dreamed that would be hunky-dory. Beyond. forking. Words.

This sounds like my fiance's sister, who lives next door. There were a couple of times she used the key we'd given her (she fed our cats when we were away) to come in and take his guitar. Don't know if she ever took it out of the apartment but he'd find it on the floor of her kitchen or somewhere her dog could knock it over--while her own guitars, which aren't worth nearly as much as his, were hung up on proper hooks. Way to take care of your own things and not give a shiitake about others' things. She doesn't have a key anymore.

Your roommate--he understands the rules but doesn't think they matter because what he wants in the moment trumps everything. So if he ever does this again, go one further than the nasty text--call him to say you're on your way to file a theft report with the police, and that you'll give him fifteen minutes to get home with your guitar before you do. If he's not home in fifteen minutes, follow-through--go file that report. You don't actually have to press charges (I doubt you'd enjoy that), but if he thinks you're serious enough to tell on him, he'll probably stop doing it out of fear for himself.

And also: it is legitimate theft. The guitar is not his property. Period.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:20 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

I had a work breakdown on Tuesday, was off yesterday, and now I have to go in again today. I'm really dreading tonight, because I just have this overwhelming sense of dread. It just sucks because I legitimately love my job, but there are just days where it becomes too much.

During my breakdown, I sat with one of the HR girls for at least half an hour. She was so incredibly helpful, and gave me a really good idea on how to alleviate some of the stress I've been feeling lately. I'm going to one of my team leaders tomorrow (he's not in today, and he's the one I feel most comfortable approaching) with a plan. We have two wine buyers, but because our store is so freakin' big, they have too much work to do. I've taken on some of their responsibilities (sign requests, putting things on sale, and a bunch of other things). I'm going to ask to not close any more because I can't finish all of my responsibilities when I basically lose the last 3 hours of my shift to closing duties. I'm asking for at most one close per week, preferably on the weekends. If they can't do that for me, I'm giving up all of my extra duties. It's one or the other at this point. My sanity isn't worth this. I sincerely hope they cut out my closes, because I'm always in a terrible mood when I close, I really enjoy the extra responsibilities I have, and honestly, I'm really good at them.

But today. I'm worried about today.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:45 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Becoming paranoid while waiting to hear about whether I get this new job at work or not. Lots of irrational emotions passing through my head and I hate it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:44 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Good luck with the job situation, kara kara!

Worst thing about my day: realising I really like someone I shouldn't.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:49 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I was doing an image search and there was a grotesquely horrible image that came up of what looked like a car accident result, which had absolutely nothing to do with the search terms I used, and then when I googled on how to report inappropriate tags on distressing images another distressing image came up! Which is kind of bleakly amusing but also I feel sick.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:04 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Best of luck, kara and lillian.

Short story long, I had a nannying/very frequent babysitting position lined up for this summer and the lady backed out at the last minute. Since I'm kind of irresponsible I'm now applying for retail jobs willy-nilly. If I were smart, I would've applied for summer camp-type jobs the second I found out my school's summer program had been canceled for lack of enrollment. I'm trying not to waste energy kicking myself and just do what I have to do, but I feel like an idiot for not being more proactive.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:09 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

The house is super old and most of the doors don't properly close, so a lock is out of the question.
If it happens again, yeah. Things are going to get rough for him.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:51 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Hugs to folks having a bad day.
Unbelievably, my week has gotten worse still. I got fired from my new job, which I really liked and which seemed like a really good fit. I got really overwhelmed during my last shift and forked some stuff up. I thought I would be really good at this job. I've never been fired before. fork.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:07 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Olives, I am so, so sorry. What a horrendous week! Huge hugs to you.

Fezza, I've been thinking about your friend a lot. I can't even imagine. No parent should have to bury a child.

I really hope everyone is hanging in there. Huge hugs and good thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:17 am 
Shopped till she dropped

Oh, Olives! A million hugs and lucques and kalamatas and castelvetranos (those are my favorite olives). I really hope things start looking up for you soon.

Yesterday ended up being totally fine. After work, I got to have drinks with a good friend I haven't hung out with in a while. We used to work the same shifts all the time, but then our schedules changed. He's the kind of friend I always feel I can be open and honest with, and those are the best kinds.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:05 pm 
Impressive boner

I've lost all conviction in my job. I simply cannot face justifying to distraught people how their incapacitated relative should be forced to pay hundreds of pounds for a service that most people will never,ever benefit from. 75% of the time we're a money draining inconvenience on our client base. 20% of the time we could have taken actions to avoid people from being abused but we don't because 'it's not agreed between the managers of our departments' and only 5% of the time are we effective.

There are so many thoroughly indoctrinated (and inept!) people who work there, stereotypical jobs-worths, that it's incredibly difficult to make changes. I really fear that one day we'll be implicated in the death of a vulnerable adult, in the way that some departments were implicated in the cases of Baby P and Victoria Climbie.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:03 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

The kitten we were going to take in has leukemia.

Also, I posted this on Facebook and a friend responded with a story of a cat they were trying to save yesterday who had been hit by a car and had to be euthanized.

eta: Also, apparently I've forgotten how to properly use bbcode.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:35 pm 
Cranky

Library patrons who tell me the library should be shut down. Ungrateful crassholes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:23 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm in so much pain from the walking/standing at graduation, followed by drive home so I couldn't go upstairs whe. I got home. My spine is totally numb so the steps are impossible.

Molly is yelling for me but won't let anyone else pick her up to bring her downstairs. She has been doing that loud contact call, more and more desperate, for almost 2 hours now. So she is getting upset and I don't get much needed Molly snuggles.

I also want food and wine; those things are also upstairs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:25 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Dr. Apricot wrote:
Library patrons who tell me the library should be shut down. Ungrateful crassholes.

Tell them to look up "hypocrite" in the dictionary.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:46 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Found my guitar downstairs with the capo still on its neck when I got home. That's it. It's going to have a home in my closet with the doors shut.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:20 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

The talk with my supervisor did not go as well as I would have liked. When I talked about it to the wine buyers, they didn't sound very positive either. I hate saying it, but I think it might be time to start looking for a position at another store.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:23 pm 
WRETCHED

My husband and I work for the same company. It is complicated to explain but I'm working on a project which my husband is aware of and isn't working on but others he know are working on it. As part of the project, we had to have people work over the weekend. My husband got annoyed with me due to it because I'm coordinating but it isn't my decision, nothing I can do. He totally chewed me out via text based communication. Anyway, I got really upset, I'm still upset. He came home and was totally apologetic but it was horrid.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:31 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Didn't get the office manager position I applied for. Perk up at the end of the day, see best things thread.

Urgh, kara kara, best of luck. Job searches are crepe.

Linanil, I'm so sorry. I hope you feel happier soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338 ... 647  Next