| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Insomnia
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:08 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

The past week or so, I haven't been able to fall asleep until 4 or 5 in the morning. Right now I'm doing laundry, because I might as well be productive when I'm not sleeping. Right? Right.

I'm getting so tired that I'm totally out of it at work, though. This morning I finished cleaning and headed inside, but then I thought "Wait, why is this bucket still filled with soapy water?" and realised that I had only cleaned about half the kennels and then just kind of wandered away and forgot what I was doing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:07 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Hey, again. I'm almost getting used to this. Also, I've learned that my neighbour gets up to pee at four a.m. each day. Maybe he's working shifts.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:03 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Just peeking in to say aaaaargh. ;P

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:45 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Gaaaaahhhhh. Nearly 3 am. Have had insomnia since Thursday a week ago. So tired.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:47 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've had insomnia pretty much all the last week. It's awful! I'm full-term (37 weeks pregnant) in just a few days, so I am trying to get as much sleep as possibly before the birth. I couldn't sleep all night last night, and all I want is to get some rest and have enough energy to keep up on laundry, etc so it's not piled up when I come home with the baby. Gah!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:48 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

bodhi wrote:
I've had insomnia pretty much all the last week. It's awful! I'm full-term (37 weeks pregnant) in just a few days, so I am trying to get as much sleep as possibly before the birth. I couldn't sleep all night last night, and all I want is to get some rest and have enough energy to keep up on laundry, etc so it's not piled up when I come home with the baby. Gah!

I had the worst insomnia when I was pregnant, starting at 8 weeks or so! It's not fair because you need all the rest you can get before the baby comes!

I am having trouble sleeping after a 1am nursing session, which is frustrating, but still not as bad as the pregnancy insomnia. I hope you can get some sleep.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:54 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Phoenix wrote:
Hey, again. I'm almost getting used to this. Also, I've learned that my neighbour gets up to pee at four a.m. each day. Maybe he's working shifts.

I don't know why I found this so funny, but I did.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:00 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Lalala la la lala

How are you people sleeping. My bebito finished nursing a couple hours ago, but I am still up. In other news, I am 18% geek, according to the internet.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:52 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Which geek test was that? I always score ridiculously high on them. I'm more nerd than geek, though.

My insomnia is of the can't fall asleep variety. So frustrating! I can't even blame it on the daylight since I have this problem on and off all year round... Sometimes I get into cycles where I only sleep every other night. Bah.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:23 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

http://www.innergeek.us/geek-test.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:26 am 

kimba wrote:

Ah. Classic. I'm a Major Geek (like 40%) according to that one... I think my only saving graces are that I'm not a gamer nor a collector.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:44 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

fruitbat wrote:
kimba wrote:

Ah. Classic. I'm a Major Geek (like 40%) according to that one... I think my only saving graces are that I'm not a gamer nor a collector.

I would have thought mine would have been higher having done a double major in physics and biology, but I guess that makes me more of a nerd than a geek. I am not a big computer person, unless you compare me to people at my work, who seem to think I know a lot about computers.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:09 pm 

kimba wrote:
fruitbat wrote:
kimba wrote:

I would have thought mine would have been higher having done a double major in physics and biology, but I guess that makes me more of a nerd than a geek. I am not a big computer person, unless you compare me to people at my work, who seem to think I know a lot about computers.

Yeah, geek tests are skewed towards computer people. I get scores because I'm female, use Linux, and am old enough to have made a homepage before 1995 (or whatever their cutoff date was). Compared to my geek friends I know nothing about computers, compared to others I apparently know lots. There's another one where they ask you if you recognise people and since I have a memory for faces I tend to know those dusty old scientists! I'm also good at the periodic table and numbers. Plus I read a lot and like science fiction films.

I did a nerd test recently, too and scored 92% for Math/Science, fairly high levels for History/Literature and Sci-Fi/Comic, but only about 50% for Computers/Technology. Surprisingly 98% scored higher on Dumb/Dork/Awkwardness! I guess it was a test mostly taken by teenagers?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:46 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

My new apartment is stressing me out. Not enough space and no foreseeable end to the clutter. A keeps suggesting I relax and get some rest and we'll work more on it tomorrow.. then he puts me to bed and falls asleep while I lay awake thinking about how cluttered everything is.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:34 pm 

I hate clutter too!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:04 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm pretty much getting used to getting up around four a.m. every second night or so.
Mehhhhh.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:46 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I took some melatonin last night, which helped me sleep until the sun came up.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:16 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I hate insomnia. I have it. I have had it for years and years. Nw it is worse with the baby. I sleep, he sleeps. Then I wake up and he is sleeping and I want to sleep and I can't. Then he wakes up and I really, really want to sleep and I wait all day for him to fall asleep so that maybe I can sleep.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:47 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yep. Baby is sound asleep. Mommy is awake. Boo. I mean, yay for baby being asleep, but I think I am supposed to be sleeping too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:40 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

The whole internet is sleeping. I am bored. Where are all my awake people?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:46 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I was on seroquel for bipolar and have just started abilify due to not being able to tolerate the seroquel. So I have gone from a tablet that knocked me out to on that keeps me up. I am sleeping from about 1-4 waking up and then dozing off and on for the next 3 hours and I am wrecked. fork this shiitake.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:14 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Sigh. Here I am again. I forgot to take my melatonin, which is apparently the only way I am physically capable of sleeping. Waiting for it to kick in....and to be woken up early by either the cat being a jerk or roommate's boyfriend being inexplicably loud at 8 am on a Saturday. Like every Saturday.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:16 am 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Meggs wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
I like this thread.
And whenever I'm not lying awake in the middle of the night wishing I wasn't, I'm having weird jumbled-up dreams that fade during breakfast, and I wish I'd remember them at least.

This. I only dream if I take my sleepy meds. And then they're more like nightmares.
Even then, I wake up nearly every hour. It's annoying. I get five hours, max, of sleep... and it's not even uninterrupted hours... except for the other day- five uninterrupted hours! For the first time in eight years

I didn't have dreams for years til I started drinking kava (not the pills/extracts but the pressed drink). OMG maybe this is why I'm checking out this thread. I've not had kava in like a week!
Last night suuuucked. Was so tired. Last few days I've slept badly, even with sleepy meds. Sleepy meds failed for the first time since I have been of another med that counteracted it.

I did eventually get back to sleep after giving up and watching tv around 4am. I shoulda checked PPK!

Now, melatonin. It used to not work for me, but someone said the dosages are too big, so I cut up my pill and it worked better. So I was taking 25mg. I got some 5 mg pills so cutting them doesn't get me a lesser dosage. What was I thinking? I need the liquid back.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:52 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Does it count as insomnia when you wake up at 6am on the weekend and can't go back to sleep? Because that's my problem, and it's super annoying.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:57 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Depends on when you fell asleep

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next