| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340 ... 619  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:37 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

This IS the giraffe!! I want to know more about these musicals you had to witness.

You know, happy drunk people are one thing. I can get down with some funny, silly people enjoying their beverages! However, yes... music being forced on me is torture. The same band has been playing for almost 2 hours now, and I can't tell any of the songs apart. I THINK IT'S ALL ONE SONG.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:46 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

A broken foot...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:05 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

thisheregiraffe wrote:
You know, happy drunk people are one thing. I can get down with some funny, silly people enjoying their beverages! However, yes... music being forced on me is torture. The same band has been playing for almost 2 hours now, and I can't tell any of the songs apart. I THINK IT'S ALL ONE SONG.

This is my biggest annoyance with people drinking. I forking hate people who pick up instruments while intoxicated. Just don't. Don't. Jam while not sober when you're alone, not in front of me. My last two roommates could go for hours (one playing guitar, one singing). It isn't fun. Now I've just got the guitar player left, and it's even worse when he attempts piano (something he has no idea how to play to begin with).

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:18 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Coming back from Denver, sunny and 96 today, to overcast and gray 62 degree Seattle. Why can't the employment gods work with me instead of against me?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:19 pm 

Coming back from Denver, sunny and 96 today, to overcast and gray 62 degree Seattle. Why can't the employment gods work with me instead of against me?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:22 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I suck at everyday life. I had my plane to Victoria messed up, the ticket was somehow booked as two separate flights instead of a connection flight. I had to buy a whole new ticket and felt like such an idiot (the service agents made the situation worse). But anywho- I got over it.

However- today I missed another plane. A float plane from Vancouver to Victoria. It was the last flight of the night. I have a lot of issues with worrying about making mistakes that hurt/annoy/inconvenience people. I'm staying with my friends another night and I feel so forking guilty. I know guilt is a huge issue for me...but frick.

And now I'm feeling guilty for feeling guilty.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:06 am 
Bathes in Braggs

My soon-to-be-ex-husband, who just left last Monday and I don't know where he is living, did not call or come see his kids on Father's day. I sent him an email early in the morning asking him if he would like to come over for the afternoon and hang out with the kids, that I would go out and leave them while they visited, but no response.

Our youngest son's birthday is tomorrow and he had better at least call him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:21 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Arisaig - that's so sad :( It was nice of you to offer that too and pretty disrespectful that he didn't even reply to you.

A good friend who became vegan about 9 years ago after we lived together told me that she is not vegan anymore. She spent the rest of the day dropping anecdotes about the huge plate of scrambled eggs she ate last week and the ice cream she bribed her boyfriend to get her from the store... :( I'm really trying not to judge her but I have to admit that I'm super dissapountment and also quite pissed off. I guess her boyfriends scepticism has gradually been wearing her down.
I hope she finds her compassion again soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:28 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I have to make a public apology about my father's day message - he emailed me yesterday and said he does not have internet yet where he is staying. Up to that point he had been emailing me whiny self-pitying messages several times a day, so I don't feel too bad about being pissed off at him still.

I still don't know where he moved to and he showed up at our son's soccer game last night *with his wacky sister* who lives 5 hours away. Jeez, I was gobsmacked.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:29 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

missdelaney wrote:
This is my biggest annoyance with people drinking. I forking hate people who pick up instruments while intoxicated. Just don't. Don't. Jam while not sober when you're alone, not in front of me. My last two roommates could go for hours (one playing guitar, one singing). It isn't fun. Now I've just got the guitar player left, and it's even worse when he attempts piano (something he has no idea how to play to begin with).

As a musician, this is something I really hate also. I do NOT care if you played in (insert grade in grade school here) band, or whatever. I usually DO try to encourage adults to take up an instrument they would really like to learn, but for goddsakes, not while drunk... PLEASE not while drunk! Of course, there are also people who should not play sober, but that is another post entirely.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:51 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Arlyss wrote:
missdelaney wrote:
Drunk people playing instruments suck.

That reminds me of the time that a friend of mine brought a guitar, a mouth organ, a melodica and a xylophone along when we were all in the park drinking beers. At some point, a bunch of us were so fed up with some of the others, who could not play instruments yet were playing instruments or people playing the same old goddamn songs all the time. So, drunken me took the xylophone to play the melody of The Final Countdown for 20 minutes until everyone was crying for mercy and we all decided together to call it quits on the music.

I still feel sorry for any innocent bystanders.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:32 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Two words: food poisoning.

My wee blog:

http://www.mommethree.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:28 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Paloma wrote:
Arlyss wrote:
missdelaney wrote:
Drunk people playing instruments suck.

That reminds me of the time that a friend of mine brought a guitar, a mouth organ, a melodica and a xylophone along when we were all in the park drinking beers. At some point, a bunch of us were so fed up with some of the others, who could not play instruments yet were playing instruments or people playing the same old goddamn songs all the time. So, drunken me took the xylophone to play the melody of The Final Countdown for 20 minutes until everyone was crying for mercy and we all decided together to call it quits on the music.

I still feel sorry for any innocent bystanders.

Best. I know The Entertainer; that's usually my go-to song to clear the room.

My roommate broke my forking piano bench last night. Like...how do you even DO that? He sat down really violently (and drunkenly) and BAM! Sheet music all over the floor and my bench broken in two. I don't even. Like. What.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:33 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

accidentally touching a dead bug husk while cleaning the print shop, screaming, and having 6 construction dudes turn and ask me if I was okay and having to explain that I touched a bug.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:58 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I think I pulled a muscle on the outside of my left foot whilst making cuts in ultimate last night, because it really hurts today and I'm afraid my zumba class is going to be impacted. BOO!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:49 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

My best friend thinks she's pregs. I don't think she is but she's really stressing (and stressing me out too).

Also, starting a new business and it's really slow. Got two apts for tomorrow (together), then they cancelled. Sadness.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:51 am 
Discovered unobtainium

booberthefraggle wrote:
accidentally touching a dead bug husk while cleaning the print shop, screaming, and having 6 construction dudes turn and ask me if I was okay and having to explain that I touched a bug.

Im sorry, but I am still laughing at this.

To redeem myself, I'll admit that I made my dad come down here to vacuum* up a spider earlier. It exasperates him that I won't do it myself, but....hello?! Spider. I don't know what the fork kind we have here, but they are huge, brown, and they JUMP. And, please, nobody tell me what they are either; this is need to know information above my classification level.

*verified humane bug removal technique. They get gently sucked up, taken outside and deposited somewhere more appropriate to happy bug activities than my bedroom. I wonder if the spider community talks about UFSs and getting beamed up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:39 pm 
Impressive boner

I worked at a conference day today for my company. While we were there a colleague made a sexist comment to me and on the way back three colleagues expressed their belief that suicide is a selfish act. Both of these things bother me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:45 pm 

Broke it off with a girl I've dated for maybe three weeks. I tried to remain to the point, apologetic but not hedging behind statements. She responded literally two minutes later with wild accusations of me playing games with her, telling me MY sexual orientation and generally taking the low road. I had hoped to leave with a, y'know, vaguely friendly memory of her, but now I'm just going to be mad every time I think of her.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:51 pm 
Inflexitarian

Apparently most of my data from the last month and a half are crepe.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:20 pm 
Impressive boner

An addition to the above - we've been having plumbing problems at home for weeks. The drainage from the upstairs toilet is blocked underneath the path outside our front door. Our landlady, her builder, a drainage company and the local council have been to see it but it's still blocked. This means that each time we're led to believe it's fixed, we flush the toilet and raw sewage overflows onto our pathway which we then have to clean up and disinfect.

This evening I went into the downstairs bathroom and could smell gas. The meter has been isolated and National Grid have just arrived.

I really don't need to have a 'one thing after another' series of episodes here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:43 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm really hurting--stomach pains and back from all the walking I had to do yesterday, and Im out of codeine. Whimper. I took 6 Tylenol already so probably shouldn't take more; they don't do anything anyway, probably because most of it can't be absorbed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:07 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

8ball wrote:
I really don't need to have a 'one thing after another' series of episodes here.

When I was in the middle of moving house/refurbishment of hell, I liked to pretend that I was in a comedy TV series about someone experiencing a house-related crisis. My friends and I would even play this song aloud while DIY-ing, because that song makes just about anything funny, really.

So yeah, revel in the bad luck for a bit, and see the irony of it. It's the only way to survive housing stuff, because this sort of recurring shiitake (see what I did there?) is enough to drive any person batshit insane, in my opinion.

---

Also, LW and 8 ball, here's a supercute pic of a whippet to cheer you up.

--

And for myself:

I'm pretty annoyed about not being able to smell or taste anything. I've been bedridden with the flu over the weekend, and the cold I had migrated into the cavities in my head, so I've got a double whammy type of infection in both my left ear and sinuses going on at the moment. Which would have been just slightly annoying in itself, except that I have a try out class for my culinary college this afternoon, which will be pretty forking useless, since I can't distinguish coffee from soy sauce at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:51 am 
Cranky

It's really the worst thing about my week and will probably be the worst thing about next week as well: town meeting after town meeting discussing our budget. If they're feeling generous maybe my library will be able to stay open and have a shot at certification (though without state aid). If they're not feeling generous, we'll have to close. Even the best case scenario means the layoff of 1/3 of our workforce (4 people). Knowing this and watching other groups in the town maneuver for more money (the chief of one advocated for library closure!) makes me retch.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:07 am 

We had a French group come round where I work (historic house open to public), and as I have a French degree I was roped in to help. Now, my French is very rusty and was hardly fluent to begin with... but never mind. I had looked up some French names for things that might be relevant and done a little cheat sheet that I thought might be useful.

Apparently, I was expected to lead the forking tour and do an introductory talk. Something I haven't even done in English. I might have been able to cope with it if I knew about it before I entered the room... but no. I was introduced with "This is Gulliver. He speaks fluent French. He speaks very quietly so tell him if you can't hear him. He will now give you a talk."

Because who needs to feel confident when speaking to a group unprepared in a foreign language? Oh yeah - me.

Needless to say, my mind went totally blank and I felt like a fool.

Sigh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340 ... 619  Next