| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 974, 975, 976, 977, 978, 979, 980 ... 1873  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:42 am 
Impressive boner

I decided to clear my Facebook friends of people I don't like, don't trust or have nothing to do with me. I've more than halved the amount of people in there.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:29 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Something weird happened today. I was at a barbecue with a load of people I have known for around a decade (some more like two decades) and there were also some new people. A song came on and I was saying "oh, do you remember going to see this band, and we took pictures and sent them to [someone who wasn't there but who some of us know]?" and nobody took me up on it. It was like remembering our shared history was embarrassing now they have their new friend/partners or something. I found that very sad.

It's not like I live in the past or generally try to exclude people, in fact I've been pretty out of circulation with social events. I feel like I just don't fit in with those people any more.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:37 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I just got back from my family's Father's Day party. They had multiple grills going with different meats cooking on each one. The stench was so strong. And I heard my 14 year old cousin make racist statements. I thought my aunt would scold her, but nope, apparently my aunt found it hilarious. Because they're all really forking racist.

There was also a dog hanging around when we got there. No collar or anything. My aunt said, "Oh, his owner believes all dogs need to roam free, so the dog is out loose all the time." All he wanted to do was to get into the house and be with people. He lay down with his nose pressed against the gate and stayed there for over an hour. It was so sad. I seriously wanted to dognap him.

The only good thing was that my grandfather is doing great for his age. He has taken up walking and is super enthusiastic about it. He had to tell us about all his walking routes in detail. When the weather is bad, he drives to the mall early in the morning and does mall walking. He is honestly one of the last people I can picture mall walking! He was all concerned about the loose dog too, and kept talking to him and getting him water. So if the rest of the family hadn't been there, it would have been a nice visit!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:05 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I've been in Ottawa/Montreal since Thursday and I am so, so, so ready to go home. My sister in law's constant negative quips about people (our server at a restaurant's skirt is too short, that person walking by is wearing an ugly shirt, that person's bike is dumb, etc) is really wearing on me, as is the fact that she is a former vegetarian with something to prove about how it's so stupid. I love her, but I'm tired and wanna go home to my kitties.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:58 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I'm laying a patio! I love laying patios. Anyone have a patio they want laid?

I'm using this really pretty dark grey natural chipped up rock, with all these cool striations in it. And I got a few tiny quartz pieces for little spots here and there to give it a nice sparkle.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:04 pm 
Dead by dawn

I just found out that a girl I went to high school with is marrying Bobby Brown this weekend. I guess they already have a kid together, which goes to show how up to date I am on both celebrity and high school gossip.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:09 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

I want to go campingggg.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:13 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

thisheregiraffe wrote:
I want to go campingggg.

if you can hold on 'til August or so, there's totally a thread for that

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:17 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

eep!! where?!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:27 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
Im staying with some friends for the week who have a 7 year old kid. I am officially sure I would make a semi horrible parent because I have little tolerance for dealing with some of the necessary skills to raise a young child.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:26 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

thisheregiraffe wrote:
eep!! where?!

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20655

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:26 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Every time I see the sub title for the Foyer, about shooting the shiitake, I imagine a bunch of us running around with bows and arrows, chasing mushrooms who are running away from us squealing in adorable little high pitched voices. We are all laughing maniacally.

I don't know if that says more about me or about the PPK.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:27 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Most unique question of the day: "you look photogenic... want to appear on a banknote?"

You know what, I think I do.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:44 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Such good news! My vet just gave me a guided tour of Moos' heart and his suspect heart problem turned out to be nothing more than a teeny tiny hole in the valve that closes his heart chamber, which he was born with and does not and will not pose any threat to his health whatsoever. YAY ! (When they discovered that there was something wrong with his heart some time ago, they told me that there was the tiny but real possibility of him dropping dead someday pretty much out of nowhere if he had an actual leak somewhere in his heart.) So imagine my relief that it turned out to be totally harmless instead.

Only annoying thing: I myself almost fainted during the ultrasound. I still have the flu and apparently should have stayed in bed. But knowing that the Moosenator won't drop dead out of nowhere beats near-fainting anytime.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:07 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

This is too frivolous (comparatively) for the Worst Thing... thread, so I'm posting here.

Today isn't even half over and I already want it to be done. I found out I didn't get the job I interviewed for (which cost me one of the few precious days of a/l I have left). I started my period (forking 25-day cycle, I hate you) and have not horrible but not exactly comfortable cramps. And I just found a hole in my tights. I just want to go home.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:28 am 

Once again suggesting that I do the strangest job ever, I spend the afternoon going through two seventeenth century Japanese chests containing various textiles and fans and things. There were C17th corsets, 34+ C19th fans, a bed sheet and pillow slips from 1636. Not as exciting as last week when I got to climb around on the roof.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:23 pm 
WELFARIST!

Ugh, I hate crappy financial situations.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:35 pm 

Pretty sure I just agreed to get up at 2am on Saturday to see the sunrise from the top of Mt Madison in the white mountains. (Doing a 19 mile traverse of the presidential range). I might be a little nervous. Maybe. Will probably bring caffeinated something or other with. or just lots of sugar....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:00 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Anek wrote:
All this was in German, a language I'm becoming more and more fluent with, but still, can I say I have a headache, beside being utterly disgusted?
I'm realizing that beside being homophobic he's also misogynistic, and I'm beginning to doubt I can ever have a long term relationship with someone whose ideas disgust me to this extent.

Seems to me that the change of a good (worthwhile) long term relationship with him is very small.

rachell37 wrote:
j-dub wrote:
RandiJM wrote:
dtmfa

Yeah, I gotta agree.

Quoted for truth.

Yes, but in my view that won't cure the problem. I could be wrong, but I think there is a pattern that should be fixed. Just dtmfa is not enough.

Anek wrote:
What the hell am I doing with this guy?!?!?

That's a good question...but I think that when things in live are unclear or complicated, it can be smart to ask the opposite questions.

- why don't you choose to leave him?

Maybe I'm seeing it wrong, and maybe I'm jumping to conclusions that I can't defend, but...

The boyfriend you had before this one was some one you liked/loved, but eventually he was "meh", and when (perhaps due to ppk persuasion) you broke up with him you felt better.

A few weeks ago you mentioned (in this thread) you're not too happy with the current boyfriend and thought about ending the relationship.

I get the feeling you might be postponing the break-up for some kind of reason, just like you took too long to make the break-up decision with the previous boyfriend.

Maybe I should say/try it this way: You work in an HR department. Suppose the company is looking for "some one to make Anek happy"...What would the job advertisement say about what applicants require, and would your current boyfriend be invited for an interview or even be hired?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:27 pm 
Hip Goiter

Veg_Eric wrote:

Maybe I should say/try it this way: You work in an HR department. Suppose the company is looking for "some one to make Anek happy"...What would the job advertisement say about what applicants require, and would your current boyfriend be invited for an interview or even be hired?

Love this.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:49 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I am about to have a baby - like within the next week or two, probably. This is my second, and since I'll have lived in Canada for the pregnancy and birth of each child, my mom is hoping I'll bring the kids down the to the States (where my parents live) to spend a week with them. I think it's a totally fair request, and my partner will have a week of peace and quiet to himself, without missing any work (this appeals to him!), so we're going for it. It'll be in August or September, so sometime after I've got the baby's birth certificate, and we'll cross border by ferry/land so technically won't need a passport yet. Then I realized, I'm crossing the border with my two small children, without my partner, and the kids' last name is different than mine (my partner and I are common-law, not married, his name is easier to spell and I may one day change mine to it). And I'm a dual-citizen, which, so far has never caused problems, but might potentially sometime. So now I'm like ack! I have to get a parental authorization letter written up for my partner to sign to say that I'm not stealing our children. Also, a lot of people think I look to young to have ANY kids, let alone two - one is already four years old. Agggh. Of course, it may end up being ridiculously smooth and easy, but I have to prepare in case of questions.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:57 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Ick. I hate border crossings. It's also my understanding that everyone needs a passport for land/sea crossings now, regardless of citizenship. Good luck! <3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:32 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

RandiJM wrote:
Veg_Eric wrote:

Love this.

I love this too. Veg_Eric, you have always good words for everyone. Thanks!
I actually have a sort of job description for how my bf should be like. I just never thought of including every single little detail, because you know, compromise. My current bf fits several of the requirements, I now have to decide how much am I willing to compromise.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:59 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I'm very tired and I should go to bed, because it's late and I'm trying to get a better sleep schedule before Friday, but I can't be bothered because first I need to have a shower, wash my hair and put bedding back on my bed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:38 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I finally gave in and bought a Starbucks card today. I feel weird about it, because I worked there for two years many years ago, and have immense issues with some of the ways they do business. But Starbucks is the only coffee shop around in the armpit that I work in, and my job really does require some kind of treat at least once a week. I should at least be getting free soymilk if I'm spending my money there!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 974, 975, 976, 977, 978, 979, 980 ... 1873  Next