| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 981, 982, 983, 984, 985, 986, 987 ... 1827  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:01 pm 
Semen Strong

Live blogging it:
http://live.reuters.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_verdict

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:11 pm 
Dead by dawn

NYT is reporting guilty on 45 charges? Maybe?

Edit: NBC News says the same thing. Guilty on 45 of 48 charges.

Edit again: While I'm happy with the verdict, I'm sick to my stomach. Ugh. How are some people so horrible?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:00 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I'm heading to New Jersey today and meeting my parents to drive out together. My partner was supposed to drive me but apparently I left a light on in the car so the battery died...ugh. i took a cab so it was fine,i just hate being frustrated with myself so early in the morning

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:09 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

This is apparently a Really Great year for me to be doing Science™.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:18 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

lutin wrote:

I'm so excited for you, everytime I read that another amazing thing has happened. :) Goed bezig !

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:22 am 

Paloma wrote:
lutin wrote:

I'm so excited for you, everytime I read that another amazing thing has happened. :) Goed bezig !

Dank je wel!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:55 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Last night I had a big gala thing to volunteer at at work. It was a catered event, and even though I put in that I was vegan, I was nervous that my meal would be awful. Trevor asked me to stop by his work before I went to the event so he could see me in all my formal wear...when I got there, he had gone to the market and got a brownie for me to have as dessert since I probably wouldn't get anything (and a bottle of kombucha)!!!!!! I melted. What did I do to deserve The Best Husband?

And this morning, my littlest ginger kitty Tristan is following me around like a lost puppy and giving me smooshy, lovey eyes. Again, I feel guilty sometimes that I have such wonderful little creatures in my life and I don't even have to share.

And last night at the work gala, I had lots of people I have worked with over the years ask me if I was still on contract or whether I was hired yet. When I told them I was just extended for another year contract instead of being hired, I had a few people be all, "WHAT?! That's so unfair! I would never want to work with another graphic designer so they better just hire you already!" and then I felt all valuable.

Also at the gala, I was all dressed up and felt genuinely beautiful and comfortable in my own skin. I've had some body image issues re-emerge lately, so it was lovely to be able to feel good about myself.

And in a bit, I'm getting ready and heading off to the farm sanctuary for a BBQ and where I get to see all my favourite farm animals and awesome vegans. And then after that, I get to go see a friend get married.

Life is awesome sometimes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:23 am 

Aaaand then it all comes crashing down when I just heard that my husband's grandfather just passed away this morning. We loved him so much. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:27 am 
Naked Under Apron

Oh my gosh! paprikapapaya, I am so sorry! I am sending prayers and thoughts to you an your family! <3

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:13 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

That's quite a roller coaster Paprika! I'm sorry for your loss.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:37 am 

That's a sad thing to hear, Paprika. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:05 am 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry for your loss PPapaya.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:07 am 

I'm so sorry, PP. :(

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:12 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Lots of love to you and yours, PP.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:54 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Huge hugs PP, I'm so sorry xxx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:45 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

random thought: it would be kind of funny to have a vegan bakery that had one token non vegan cupcake.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:19 pm 

ijustdiedinside wrote:
random thought: it would be kind of funny to have a vegan bakery that had one token non vegan cupcake.

That would be hilarious. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:53 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We saw Alan C.umming* in Macbeth today. It was amazing. He played pretty much every character from the play - it was set in a mental institution and he was committed (you assume from the beginning) after committing a crime. He was fantastic. And he got naked. He's got a pretty rockin' body. Now I'm really annoyed with myself for not seeing him in The Bacchae during the Festival a few years ago.

*the actor (forking filters)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:01 pm 

paprikapapaya wrote:
Last night I had a big gala thing to volunteer at at work. It was a catered event, and even though I put in that I was vegan, I was nervous that my meal would be awful. Trevor asked me to stop by his work before I went to the event so he could see me in all my formal wear...when I got there, he had gone to the market and got a brownie for me to have as dessert since I probably wouldn't get anything (and a bottle of kombucha)!!!!!! I melted. What did I do to deserve The Best Husband?

And this morning, my littlest ginger kitty Tristan is following me around like a lost puppy and giving me smooshy, lovey eyes. Again, I feel guilty sometimes that I have such wonderful little creatures in my life and I don't even have to share.

And last night at the work gala, I had lots of people I have worked with over the years ask me if I was still on contract or whether I was hired yet. When I told them I was just extended for another year contract instead of being hired, I had a few people be all, "WHAT?! That's so unfair! I would never want to work with another graphic designer so they better just hire you already!" and then I felt all valuable.

Also at the gala, I was all dressed up and felt genuinely beautiful and comfortable in my own skin. I've had some body image issues re-emerge lately, so it was lovely to be able to feel good about myself.

And in a bit, I'm getting ready and heading off to the farm sanctuary for a BBQ and where I get to see all my favourite farm animals and awesome vegans. And then after that, I get to go see a friend get married.

Life is awesome sometimes.

This all sounds great, but what did they actually give you to eat?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:19 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

rachell37 wrote:
We saw Alan C.umming* in Macbeth today. It was amazing. He played pretty much every character from the play - it was set in a mental institution and he was committed (you assume from the beginning) after committing a crime. He was fantastic. And he got naked. He's got a pretty rockin' body. Now I'm really annoyed with myself for not seeing him in The Bacchae during the Festival a few years ago.

*the actor (forking filters)

Damn, I love him so so much! I would have loved to see that.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:20 pm 

Efcliz wrote:
This all sounds great, but what did they actually give {paprikapapaya} to eat?

That's what I was also wondering!
(And, oh man, PP. So much love for your grandpa.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:29 pm 

Thanks so, so, so much, guys. It HAS been a rollercoaster day. I woke up this morning and had a little cry of gratitude as I was writing what I first wrote above. Not long after that, I was crying because we lost someone very special to us. we decided to carry on with our day as planned, and headed to the Farm Sanctuary for a fundraising BBQ where I got to meet a couple PPKers and see some other radical vegan friends. And we just returned from seeing a friend marry her love, where I cried with joy for her. Lots of tears today and my heart feels a bit overwhelmed.

Grandpa's funeral will be this week and I think it will take that for it to feel real. When T. told me I just said over and over, "No, he's okay...you're lying."

Oh! And my meal last night was actually awesome. I felt very grateful that someone had obviously took time to make sure I had something good to eat. It was a bit of a typical meal (a balsamic glazed portrabello topped with a mound of quinoa mixed with local roasted peppers and then topped with some asparagus and sprouts, plus a couple black sesame flat breads and some local roasted carrots) but it was so well presented and I really felt touched by the fact that someone obviously tried really hard to make a vegan meal. It was heartening.

ETA: I sent a letter of thanks to the place that put on the event that the meal was at. That's the kind of vegan activism that I think goes a long way - posi shiitake.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:43 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

paprikapapaya wrote:
It was a bit of a typical meal (a balsamic glazed portrabello topped with a mound of quinoa mixed with local roasted peppers and then topped with some asparagus and sprouts, plus a couple black sesame flat breads and some local roasted carrots

UM, whoa that's not what I'd call typical! You must eat really well! Sounds amazing!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:21 pm 
Dead by dawn

I just picked up the chalkboard I had done for biker boy's birthday present and it came out soooo awesome! The photo doesn't do it justice, but you can get an idea.

(Sorry for the huge size. I cropped it and photobucket is refusing to let me make any more edits! Or, user error. Whatever.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:04 pm 

Mars wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:
It was a bit of a typical meal (a balsamic glazed portrabello topped with a mound of quinoa mixed with local roasted peppers and then topped with some asparagus and sprouts, plus a couple black sesame flat breads and some local roasted carrots

UM, whoa that's not what I'd call typical! You must eat really well! Sounds amazing!

hehe...okay, maybe typical isn't the right word. I just mean that I think the few times I've had a catered meal it's been something with a portabello. Which isn't quite as adventurous as say, being served some sort of Ethiopian curry or whatever (which I guess is more on the mark of what I typically would make for myself). Lovely regardless, and delicious, and appreciated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 981, 982, 983, 984, 985, 986, 987 ... 1827  Next