| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14998 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306 ... 600  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:05 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

choirqueer wrote:
A teenage friend of mine, the child of one of my really good friends, just came out as trans and is getting this huge huge outpouring of support from all her friends and family members. I'm chatting with her right now and she's telling me all about how supportive everyone has been. I've had an amazingly terrible day until now and this is totally maybe kind of restoring my faith in humanity. :)

This is so sweet!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:54 am 
Semen Strong

The best thing about every day is my baby. Yesterday we had our first trip to the pool <3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:34 pm 
Impressive boner

choirqueer wrote:
A teenage friend of mine, the child of one of my really good friends, just came out as trans and is getting this huge huge outpouring of support from all her friends and family members. I'm chatting with her right now and she's telling me all about how supportive everyone has been. I've had an amazingly terrible day until now and this is totally maybe kind of restoring my faith in humanity. :)

That's absolutely brilliant :)

A friend came out as trans a few months ago. Prior to this his relationship with his girlfriend was sort of brushed under the carpet by his family, but now he's come out his family are being incredibly supportive, which is wonderful. I must admit that at times I'm slightly envious of his new facial hair.

The best thing about my day is that I completed the first draft of some internal guidance for my small government department, which should add extra help in our quest to safeguard the assets of people who lack mental capacity to look after their own money.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:47 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

joshua wrote:
lutin wrote:
THUNDER-LIGHTNING-AWESOME STORM OF AWESOME.

worst Bohemian Rhapsody cover ever. 1 star.

I know this is days old but I chortled while drinking wine,

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:36 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I. Just. KILLED. My work presentation. Seriously, I should do this for a living. BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE. I got emails and praise from people I barely know. I am so freaking proud of myself!! Not to get all braggy, but I was nervous, and worked REALLY hard on this!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:37 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

Efcliz wrote:
joshua wrote:
lutin wrote:
THUNDER-LIGHTNING-AWESOME STORM OF AWESOME.

worst Bohemian Rhapsody cover ever. 1 star.

I know this is days old but I chortled while drinking wine,

haha fork, I just read that and laughed as well. then I was like 'wait, who wrote that? they're awesome!'... I wish my memory worked, haha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:38 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Yay Maygles!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:44 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I discovered today that I love my job. Everyone works well together as a team, and I'm not looked down upon because I'm the newbie and am still learning tons of things. If I could transplant my hospital to Colorado, I would be living the ultimate life.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:04 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

A pretty famous scientist just wrote to ask me to teach her how to use some (admittedly) difficult software because she "heard through the grapevine that [I'm] good at it". Also, dudes, 6th day in a row in the same place. That hasn't happened in more than 2 months! (I celebrated by sleeping in until ..... 2pm. I'm such an early bird that 7am = sleeping in, so I'm seriously impressed by this.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:52 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

lutin wrote:
A pretty famous scientist just wrote to ask me to teach her how to use some (admittedly) difficult software because she "heard through the grapevine that [I'm] good at it".

Yay!

Best thing of my day was finishing an Ikea bookcase. (bought a bookcase with glass doors and spent several hours to get white foil on the glass; putting on the foil took way more time than putting the bookcase together)
It will be used to store random stuff in my hallway, so that's why I had to do something with the transparent glass panels.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:18 pm 

Veg_Eric wrote:
Best thing of my day was finishing an Ikea bookcase. (bought a bookcase with glass doors and spent several hours to get white foil on the glass; putting on the foil took way more time than putting the bookcase together)
It will be used to store random stuff in my hallway, so that's why I had to do something with the transparent glass panels

Woo! Looks good there, veg.eric. (And looks even better with the ladder & everything else gone!)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:40 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Got a really sexy new bike.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:42 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Back together with Miss Brie- and tomorrow I get to pick up Phoebe!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:50 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

ScooterDiva wrote:
I discovered today that I love my job. Everyone works well together as a team, and I'm not looked down upon because I'm the newbie and am still learning tons of things. If I could transplant my hospital to Colorado, I would be living the ultimate life.

that's super awesome! That's a really scary thing about working in healthcare. There's no way to come into the job knowing everything you need to, so you need to learn a lot on the job! I don't think I want to work as an RD in a hospital, but if I did that'd be the most nervewracking thing. People were so awful to me as an intern.

That's really great that people help you out and understand that you're learning stuff!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:10 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Thanks, IDJI. I've worked in a lot of different hospitals, and not all were great. It's nice to have camaraderie amongst your coworkers and to feel genuinely supported. If I were an RD, I don't think I'd want to work in a hospital either. There's so many different settings you can choose, fortunately.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:06 am 
Dead by dawn

It's biker boy's birthday and we just spent the afternoon wandering around Fremont people-watching and strolling the Sunday fair and sipping summery drinks, then went to dinner with some of his friends at a restaurant with a pretty view of the Sound and the Olympics, then went for ice cream at a place that always has a few vegan flavors. It was a nice, chill, fun day and he totally loved his birthday present. And now he's 40.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:38 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Maddux had his 2 month appointment on Friday, was up to 10.5 lbs, and then slept for a full 6 hours straight last night!

Ugh I saw all these cave paintings complaining about vegan cheese options. I don't miss those days. -Isa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:59 am 

I'm micro-analyzing a video of my best friend telling a story. (I wasn't going to because, well, "scientific objectivity" (ahem) but my supervisor watched it with me last week and agreed it was too great not to.)

The best part about yesterday was time with Amma people, especially singing. (choirqueer, I think I get why singing makes you so happy now.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:50 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

lutin wrote:
(choirqueer, I think I get why singing makes you so happy now.)

my face just broke from smiling so hard :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:38 am 
Not NOT A Furry

So far everything about my day is awesome. My back hurts the least it has in weeks, other than when I'm lying down. All 7 of my triops survived the weekend, they are growing so fast. And oh by the way I WENT RUNNING this morning. First time in my life. I'm starting couch to 5k. I feel SUPER ACCOMPLISHED.

Also I'm going to eat a peach and some sun butter. YUMMMMMMMMMMM.

for 9:30 on a monday morning my life RULES.

I love those delusional first few minutes of the day where I grossly underestimate my love of sleep. -lurky mclurkerson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:55 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Getting my blood test results from my doctor. All my levels are very good or excellent, except for Vitamin D which is ever so slightly low, probably because I have a family skin cancer history and avoid the sun like the plague. My doctor referred to D as "the latest thing that everyone wants to test for," hah.

He was especially impressed with my HDL, which was 95, and apparently 65 is considered "excellent." Hah. So now I have actual scientific proof that everyone who keeps telling me I must be deficient in SOMETHING because I have eaten no animal products in 12 years is WRONG.

Also, finding out from the same test that in addition to the seasonal allergies I knew about (cats, trees, grass, dust), apparently I am slightly allergic to shrimp and cockroaches, which is just amusing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:59 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

We went to art class today (it's a homeschoolers art class) and seeing my son happily sitting with the group, conversing, following instructions without a problem etc is fantastic. He's just super awesome. Sometimes I want to visit all those 'expert' therapist types who treated him like shiitake and tell them they can really stick it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:44 am 
Tofu Pup

So far, the best thing about my day was that my neighbour, who happens to be a real cutie, smiled and waved hello at me! :))

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:17 am 
Dead by dawn

It's me and biker boy's one year anniversary! I won't even see him today because he has a race tonight and I have track, but just knowing that my sweetie has been in my life for a year is enough today. <3<3<3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:43 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

OMG, I won Vegan Chopped! And my baby is taking a good nap! And my dog's surgery to remove her mast cell tumor went well! It has been a pretty good, but emotional day (mostly worrying about my dog). Also my birthday is tomorrow so it's like an early birthday present! Yay!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14998 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306 ... 600  Next