| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 338, 339, 340, 341, 342, 343, 344 ... 630  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:16 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Dr. Apricot wrote:
Meetings with my boss and the union today to see who will be laid off as a result of our budget cuts. I know I'm "safe" but it kills me to watch this happen to people I genuinely like and care about.

That sucks, I'm sorry. It breaks my heart to see all these libraries cutting back and closing.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:18 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

choirqueer wrote:
Aww thanks <3 I know, but like...I don't want to be that person who they keep around just for the baked goods and enthusiasm. I mean, yes, I'm great at those things, but I'm here because I'm a singer. I know I'm not the strongest singer in the group but I sure as hell don't want to be holding everyone back!

<3 I know! But you wouldn't be there if they didn't want you to be there, I think. I really doubt you're holding them back.

Mack the spork, that's awful, I'm so sorry.

Dr A-ugh, that's the pits. It's really awful watching that happen.

Just.. Hugs for everyone in this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:46 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Had a foot-in-mouth moment today. I made a comment ("cool name") about someone's name whose name is also a famous cartoon character. He was not amused. When my inner dialogue is questioning whether or not to say something, I should probably go with not.

I'm awkward.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:49 am 
WELFARIST!

^Awww...I would expect most to be amused but maybe not everyone. Check out the Michael Bolton scene in the movie "Office Space". Also, due to my surname, I've always been made fun of so it's nothing to me, but I suppose some are sensitive to stuff I laugh at.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:45 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

To all having a bad day, I present to you: Walrus-Brie.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:55 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Dr. Apricot wrote:
Meetings with my boss and the union today to see who will be laid off as a result of our budget cuts. I know I'm "safe" but it kills me to watch this happen to people I genuinely like and care about.

That is tough.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:00 pm 
Nailed to the V

Thanks everybody. I’m alternating between calm, actually focused on work, remembering happy things, and getting teary again. I need people to stop having long conversations about how shocked they are RIGHT BEHIND MY CUBICLE (it’s the first one when you come in the doors, so people having conversations on their way into the office often stop behind me for mini conferences rather than accompanying their convo companion to their own cubicle to chat, and it is always and forever, SO, SO annoying.) Unless you are also going to 1) cry, or 2) not be weird about me crying.

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE ARE WEIRD ABOUT ME CRYING. At Mr. Spork’s grandma’s memorial service (dad’s mom, who I met only about 3-4 times but she was so incredibly sweet) his stepmom came up to me and was like “awwwww, honey! Why are you CRYING?” And I wanted to be like “…because it’s a forking FUNERAL?? DERP?!?!?!” but that’s the side of the family we have the Extra Polite relationship with, so… Anyway. People who aren’t criers? 1) thank your lucky stars, and 2) try not to be insensitive douchenozzles about it. It’s a physiological reaction, not an indication of mental instability or weakness. Imagine you have allergies or something, and you are sneezing. And I am like “what’s wrong with you? Why don’t you just not sneeze?” Can you stop sneezing for the rest of your life? No? Then shut the fork up.

Apparently I need to ramble today, which is the worst thing about all of YOUR days. (ha ha)

Second worst thing about my day: I had to take Gunther in (my caaaaaaaar) and they called me to tell me it’s gonna be ~$750. OUUUUUUUUCH. He is punishing me for finishing paying for him I guess? G I am not gonna get rid of you. Stop breaking. The money is made SLIGHTLY less painful by the fact that it’s for the air conditioning. A/C is one of my favorite things in all the world. And also that I am lucky to be an employed adult with an employed husband in stable financial conditions, and though I would rather have $750 in my savings account, I do have the money and will not suffer.

choirqueer wrote:
I don't want to be that person who they keep around just for the baked goods and enthusiasm. I mean, yes, I'm great at those things, but I'm here because I'm a singer. I know I'm not the strongest singer in the group but I sure as hell don't want to be holding everyone back!

Aw, hugs! You have a lovely voice, and I’m sure you’re not holding anyone back! Like lillianp said, everyone has an off day. Anyway I just cannot imagine anyone thinking bad things about you. You always make me smile, I can’t imagine how much more lovely you must be in person.

Huge hugs for lilanil and Dr. Apricot work stress. When I get overworked stressed I just procrastinate more and make it worrrrrrrrse, I feel your pain. We haven’t had layoffs in a while (knock on wood, ahhh) but I remember how bad the last round was, even though I knew I was getting the axe (least seniority). I was lucky to get un-laid off six months later (yay, grant funding) but I still think most of the people they let go were completely stupid decisions and it sucked so bad to see them go.

Hehe, creep. I probably would have done the same thing. If he can’t have a sense of humor about it, he’s just making his own life miserable.

Walrus-Brie!!!!! I want to snorgle his face!! <3 !

I love those delusional first few minutes of the day where I grossly underestimate my love of sleep. -lurky mclurkerson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:14 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Mack the Spork wrote:
Thanks everybody. I’m alternating between calm, actually focused on work, remembering happy things, and getting teary again. I need people to stop having long conversations about how shocked they are RIGHT BEHIND MY CUBICLE (it’s the first one when you come in the doors, so people having conversations on their way into the office often stop behind me for mini conferences rather than accompanying their convo companion to their own cubicle to chat, and it is always and forever, SO, SO annoying.) Unless you are also going to 1) cry, or 2) not be weird about me crying.

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE ARE WEIRD ABOUT ME CRYING. At Mr. Spork’s grandma’s memorial service (dad’s mom, who I met only about 3-4 times but she was so incredibly sweet) his stepmom came up to me and was like “awwwww, honey! Why are you CRYING?” And I wanted to be like “…because it’s a forking FUNERAL?? DERP?!?!?!” but that’s the side of the family we have the Extra Polite relationship with, so… Anyway. People who aren’t criers? 1) thank your lucky stars, and 2) try not to be insensitive douchenozzles about it. It’s a physiological reaction, not an indication of mental instability or weakness. Imagine you have allergies or something, and you are sneezing. And I am like “what’s wrong with you? Why don’t you just not sneeze?” Can you stop sneezing for the rest of your life? No? Then shut the fork up.

Apparently I need to ramble today, which is the worst thing about all of YOUR days. (ha ha)

Second worst thing about my day: I had to take Gunther in (my caaaaaaaar) and they called me to tell me it’s gonna be ~$750. OUUUUUUUUCH. He is punishing me for finishing paying for him I guess? G I am not gonna get rid of you. Stop breaking. The money is made SLIGHTLY less painful by the fact that it’s for the air conditioning. A/C is one of my favorite things in all the world. And also that I am lucky to be an employed adult with an employed husband in stable financial conditions, and though I would rather have $750 in my savings account, I do have the money and will not suffer.

choirqueer wrote:
I don't want to be that person who they keep around just for the baked goods and enthusiasm. I mean, yes, I'm great at those things, but I'm here because I'm a singer. I know I'm not the strongest singer in the group but I sure as hell don't want to be holding everyone back!

Aw, hugs! You have a lovely voice, and I’m sure you’re not holding anyone back! Like lillianp said, everyone has an off day. Anyway I just cannot imagine anyone thinking bad things about you. You always make me smile, I can’t imagine how much more lovely you must be in person.

Huge hugs for lilanil and Dr. Apricot work stress. When I get overworked stressed I just procrastinate more and make it worrrrrrrrse, I feel your pain. We haven’t had layoffs in a while (knock on wood, ahhh) but I remember how bad the last round was, even though I knew I was getting the axe (least seniority). I was lucky to get un-laid off six months later (yay, grant funding) but I still think most of the people they let go were completely stupid decisions and it sucked so bad to see them go.

Hehe, creep. I probably would have done the same thing. If he can’t have a sense of humor about it, he’s just making his own life miserable.

Walrus-Brie!!!!! I want to snorgle his face!! <3 !

Aw sweetheart <3<3
Big hugs if you want them!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:25 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Ugh, nearly breaking down in tears over this whole 'not getting office manager' thing. Apparently, I don't take rejection well, especially in not-well-handled situations. The guy who did the decision making KNEW that back in February I wasn't sure what I wanted to do next and should've been able to figure out from me applying for this that I really wanted it, but made telling me this really almost casual thing. And his reasoning was really REALLY stupid and callous. So. So. Mad.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:36 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Rowan wrote:
To all having a bad day, I present to you: Walrus-Brie.

Walrus Brie is both hilarious and beautiful. Thank you Rowan.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:56 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

A couple of my clients had Really Bad Things happen to them (I mean, all of my clients have really bad things happen to them, but these are especially bad).

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:27 pm 
Impressive boner

Baby Godzilla seems to be having some toileting problems that have only come on in the last week and has been soiling himself. It's irritated his skin to the point that he's sobbing on the toilet. Mr8 is talking him through it.
He's had two changes of underwear today already. We're concerned about him doing it in his bed through the night as it'll hurt his skin even more and of course there'll be a mess to clean up. We only just got through cleaning his bed from when he wet it last weekend.

I have no idea what to do. I see this happening and want to stalk down his mother's ex-boyfriend and pound on him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:10 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Molly has a new hobby. She chews the plastic around the metal hooks that hold her food dish onto the side of the macaw cage. There is a big acrylic one they all eat out of also, but this is the one with Molly specific pellets and vegan seed.

After she chews the plastic, the dish plummets to the floor and seed/pellets goes forking everywhere. Do you know how far parrot pellets can travel on hard wood floors?! This is the third dish in 2 weeks and the third enormous mess I've had to clean up.

Damn it. I can't find another style food dish that will fit there.

Also. She does this chewing while sitting on the dish and then seems shocked when she falls. For such a smart bird, she sure acts like a fluff head sometimes.

AND. That stupid food is $15 for a 2 week bag. Why does it cost more to feed a 3 ounce bird than myself?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:07 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Dinner with my parents for my early-birthday. I don't have the mental energy to write it all out, but sigh. Big sigh.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:14 pm 
Semen Strong

paprikapapaya wrote:
Dinner with my parents for my early-birthday. I don't have the mental energy to write it all out, but sigh. Big sigh.

I am so sorry. I know how tough things are for you there. I guess the silver lining is you don't have to see them on your real birthday? But, you so deserve better. So so so much better. (((Hugs))) and Happy Early Birthday to you <3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:40 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Urgh. I thought the dickhead library assistant I was working with was the worst thing about my day... until I got home and just got around to opening my mail tonight. I got a letter from the government saying some random person is going to knock at my door in the next few days and interview me about my experiences with crime and the police and how any of that has affected me. I am really, REALLY, not up for that.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:46 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

We accidentally left the car unlocked last night and someone went handle jigging down our street. They took our super old GPS, some change, left the cds, and...took our Zune cable. Which actually makes me more mad than the GPS because a Zune cable is WORTHLESS. We have a spare, but we'll still buy a new one since we keep that in the car all of the time because our Zunes are what we play in the car (luckily, I almost never leave my Zune in the car and never when the weather is this extreme).

And then we went to get some groceries and a new A/V cable and I came home and here is my period. I'M OUT.

*throws mic*

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:27 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

My boss... Oh man I can't stand her face.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:46 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Went for a run right as my stomach(gallbladder?) was starting to flare up. Got through my run, but in my cooldown afterward the pain got so bad I was crying and could barely walk. I feel more convinced than ever that it is gallbladder, as all the symptoms match. What's weird is it seems to be getting more sensitive. I cut more and more foods out of my diet and eat less and less fat and now when I have even just a little it goes nuts like it used to with a high fat meal. An intelligently inflamed gallbladder--it's like a really poor cartoon made for a high school biology class in the '80s.

Gah. So miserable! Thankfully my specialist appointment is this Tuesday.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:08 pm 
WRETCHED

Good luck j-dub. I've had a few days in the past year where I think my gall bladder may be acting up again, but it is minor, not like the attacks I had quite a few years ago. I know I have to watch it and be mindful that it might need to come out one day.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:43 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I think I got food poisoning last night! Woke up this morning with all the gross symptoms. Ugh. I feel like absolute shiitake.

I went to a wedding and didn't have any alcohol, and I thought my salad and crackers were safe, but something did not agree with me. I did eat a piece of eggplant with pesto, and now I'm wondering if maybe there was cheese in the pesto. The caterer assured me it was vegan, and it didn't taste cheesy, but who knows. I think I've developed an actual dairy intolerance because even a little bit makes my body freak out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:55 am 
Lime and a Coconut

My grandpa's self-authored obituary was published in the paper today, and let me tell you that the accounting world has lost a living god. Oh, and he left behind some family too.

It's not really 'the worst' thing about my day, just a sad reminder that even in death he pursued the wrong priorities.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:50 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Our refrigerator stopped working sometime last night. Had to throw a bunch of stuff out, and tossed some more stuff into a cooler with ice, but who knows if it's still good. It's a Sunday, so maintenance definitely won't get to us today, and possibly not even tomorrow since I imagine requests build up over the weekend. We've only been here a month and have had so many issues already.

fork rentals.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:54 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

i'm struggling a lot with bitter feelings about a collaboration-style project which can hardly be accused of 'going according to plan'.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:06 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Gaaaaaahhhhh I took some sauteed cauliflowers in the cafeteria at lunch, only to discover after one bite that they had added thinly smushed boiled eggs to it! Gaaahhhh it was disgusting!!! And so I had no veggies for lunch. Unless french fries count. Blaf.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 338, 339, 340, 341, 342, 343, 344 ... 630  Next