| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 990, 991, 992, 993, 994, 995, 996 ... 1861  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:53 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

Can someone explain this whol Fifty Shades of Grey thing to me? Is it like the twilight series where there is all this hype and a terrible book? Is it erotic fiction? Why is everyone peeing their pants over it? Have they never seen erotic fiction? What is going on?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:25 am 
Hip Goiter

Rachel ugh I'm sorry! Wake him up! And thank you for a fun weekend!

Sarah-Jane, 50 SoG is Twilight for soccer moms who don't realize that better erotic fiction exists.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:47 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Went to see the boats in Boston Harbor yesterday! My good friend from high school is an engineer on one of them so we bought tickets for the USS Constitution turnaround sail on the 4th as an evil plot to get to see him for more than 2 minutes. Boats are so cool.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:15 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

RandiJM wrote:
Rachel ugh I'm sorry! Wake him up! And thank you for a fun weekend!

Sarah-Jane, 50 SoG is Twilight for soccer moms who don't realize that better erotic fiction exists.

That's what I thought.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:11 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Okay, who opened up a can of creeps here today? UGH.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:17 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

RandiJM wrote:

Could you point me in their direction? I loved 50 SoG but I also see it's goo-y after a while. I'd love some similarly-themed books with not so much sickening romance and blah blah. Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:18 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

monkeytoes wrote:
I rode my bike over 80 miles this weekend.

Way to go! Maybe you'd be interested in doing the sanctuary century in September...? https://www.facebook.com/TheSanctuaryCentury

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:23 am 
Hip Goiter

Anek wrote:
RandiJM wrote:

Could you point me in their direction? I loved 50 SoG but I also see it's goo-y after a while. I'd love some similarly-themed books with not so much sickening romance and blah blah. Thanks!!!

I've actually never read an erotic novel, but I just KNOW that there is better out there. Perhaps the one about the vicar with the burnin' loins that Rachel was reading on Friends?? That's really all I know. OH except for a play - Venus in Fur. best ever. Don't know how it is on the page, but it's a great play.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:54 pm 
Dead by dawn

jordanpattern wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
I rode my bike over 80 miles this weekend.

Way to go! Maybe you'd be interested in doing the sanctuary century in September...? https://www.facebook.com/TheSanctuaryCentury

Hmmm... might have to stick a pin in that for next year. I have a half-Ironman in mid-September so the whole month is pretty much prepare, taper, race, recover and I can't see wedging my first century into that progression! But I'd like to do a century (in theory, anyway!) and might as well do it for a good cause.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:00 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

omg you guys there's a dog at my work that I just want to bundle up and take home. He is old and his face is all grey and he's all lumpy... it's killing me. I took him to the exercise pen today and sat down on the bench. He walked around sniffing for a while, and then he looked at me, got this big doggie smile on his face, and ran over and jumped in my lap. I just wanted to run away with him right then.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:06 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Aww! (I actually said that aloud - it's a shame Aww-ing Out Loud has a TLA that's already taken). I want you to take him home too.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:54 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

RandiJM wrote:
Anek wrote:
RandiJM wrote:

I've actually never read an erotic novel, but I just KNOW that there is better out there. Perhaps the one about the vicar with the burnin' loins that Rachel was reading on Friends?? That's really all I know. OH except for a play - Venus in Fur. best ever. Don't know how it is on the page, but it's a great play.

You guys! Felicia Day (of Buffy and Dr. Horrible fame) has a bookclub called Vaginal Fantasy. It's for women to talk about the good erotic fiction out there. Once a month she and a couple friends have a Google+ live book club. It mostly skews toward the supernatural, but if you check out the forum on the VF Goodreads page, I'm sure you can find some non-fantastical recommendations.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

The deposit from the old flat finally went through, which means I'M GETTING A NEW COOKEEEERRRRR! We went to John Lewis and looked at cookers to see what size we wanted, and then I had a look online. I'm getting this one. It's 65L capacity in the main oven and 35 in the 2nd oven/grill, both ovens are electric and the hob is gas (best of both worlds!). Mike's dad is helping us out because it's just out of our budget with installation and removal of the old one, so we have to wait until we get that money before we can buy it. But I should have a new oven in two weekends! Hooray!!! I think the first thing I'm gonna make is roasted cauliflower, then Speculoos cake.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:29 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I've been reading and watching movies about human rights violations, social injustice, and unfair wages, working conditions, and marginalization of the working poor. I'm pissed off and ready to do something. Now, the question is, how can I actually help? I don't want to be an armchair activist.

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:26 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Have you ever held 200 .63 gauge strings in one hand while counting them?
Cause it's weirdly difficult.
Inventory is a crazy thing. I feel super productive today because of it.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:28 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

RandiJM wrote:
Anek wrote:
RandiJM wrote:

Check out the Dear Author and the Smart bisques, Trashy Books blogs. Both are excellent, intelligent resources. Fun too. They both review and discuss erotica and both were less than enchanted by 50 shades.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:30 pm 
Dead by dawn

Amos just ran across my keyboard and pried up the 0 key. I guess it works, but I can't get the key to sit flush anymore. Dogs are such jerks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:06 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

You know... some people who "find the humor in ANYTHING, even bestiality, rape or incest" make me feel pretty grossed out and appalled. Please tell me I'm not the only one bothered, because I was just made to feel like I was the one who's the idiot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:16 pm 
WRETCHED

My school is closed tomorrow. One of the students reported that the road to the school is closed and there are power cables everywhere and no signs of anyone working on them.

Not looking good...

I just emailed the professor at his home email account (since school email is also down).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:23 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

thisheregiraffe wrote:
You know... some people who "find the humor in ANYTHING, even bestiality, rape or incest" make me feel pretty grossed out and appalled. Please tell me I'm not the only one bothered, because I was just made to feel like I was the one who's the idiot.

heh, I started watching Louie the other day after a ton of people recommending it. there have been a couple of rape references (joking lolol!!! it's okay!!) in ten or so episodes. pretty sure I'm done with it now. just nooooo no no non oo onono

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:28 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

All seven P&O cruise ships are going to be docked in Southampton today as part of a company celebration. The police have warned about traffic chaos. I missed the early train, and things are not looking good for a smooth journey into the clinic this morning.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:52 am 
Level 7 Vegan

thisheregiraffe wrote:

Eh. You're not an idiot, but I would have no problem finding humor in incest. I think any relationship between consenting adults is none of my business.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:20 am 
Ninja Master

I need to have an uncomfortable conversation with my boss and I keep putting it off. She is planning work schedules for next year and talking about how tough it's going to be and I can't bring myself to tell her I want to leave at the end of this year (or go part time if she's agreeable to it).

I need a kick in the pants! I feel really horrible.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:39 am 
Discovered unobtainium

linanil wrote:
My school is closed tomorrow. One of the students reported that the road to the school is closed and there are power cables everywhere and no signs of anyone working on them.

Not looking good...

I just emailed the professor at his home email account (since school email is also down).

Yikes! We sure got lucky around here.

It seems so incredible that such a short storm caused so much havoc in a security-critical area like the DC region. It sounded like there was a lot of substation infrastructure damage.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:53 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

You can do it baps! Speak up for yourself (and celebrate with something wonderful).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 990, 991, 992, 993, 994, 995, 996 ... 1861  Next