| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The complain about the 4th of July again thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:57 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

People are such jerks! It's not even the fourth but... fireworks! Come on people! Fireworks are so stupid! And annoying! And make my dog REALLY upset! And clearly make other neighborhood dogs upset too, as there is non-stop barking!

Post subject: Re: The complain about the 4th of July again thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:30 am 
Shopped till she dropped

So many people at work today. Tuesday is a big receiving day for wine, so we were dealing with putting away u-boat after u-boat of wine while helping 50 billion people shopping for pre-made sangria and New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs for their stupid barbecues. It felt like a really, really ridiculously busy Friday. I was a giant angerball. And there were a bunch of demos for wine and beer. Demo people are the WORST. So helpless and hopeless.

I'm not terribly patriotic, so I don't get my rocks off on 'Merica. I'm also not that in to fireworks. They remind me of 5 years ago when my jackass of an ex sat me down on the 4th to the symphony of neighborhood fireworks and proclaimed he'd been cheating on me. So yeah, fun times.

Bright side! Fred and I are both off tomorrow. So we can be anti-patriotic and antisocial together! Yay for good boyfriends and generous schedule-makers!

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:26 pm 
Dead by dawn

I like the 4th of July because I get to spend it at my favoritest place ever (my Nana's beach) with family members that I love and don't get to see often. I like fireworks, and Amos appears to not even notice them, plus he looooooves playing on the beach and in the water (although he does not like being rinsed off in the hose after a trip to the beach.) I'm not all flag-waving or anything, but it's a good fun family day for me. I do really wish people wouldn't light those snap-crackle-pop stupid things in my neighborhood for two weeks surrounding the 4th because (a) it's illegal here and (b) it does make a lot of the neighborhood dogs bark.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:29 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

My cat is super anxious and hates loud noises and she already lost her baby sister a few weeks ago so why can't the neighbors just leave her alone?!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:29 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Also I resent any holiday this close to my birthday.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:37 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

This holiday is gross.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:40 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My pups are phobic and from the looks of things last night, so is my cat. She was all on edge after they started. Yay.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

People have been setting off fireworks here for weeks. Last night, some idiot kids were setting off fireworks in the street in front of my house. And I know it will go on for at least a week after today too.

Also, people want me to attend their parties/cookouts/whatever, and I just want to stay home and watch the Twilight Zone marathon and eat snacks and take a nap. But people get really offended that I'd rather do that than go to their parties.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My dogs don't care about the fireworks; it's the people running around outside that makes them freak out. Plus, the littler one just likes to bark, to be honest.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:10 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Someone called me at work last week to ask if they could bring fireworks to their cider tasting.

1. This is Canada, not the US.
2. We are an organic farm. With neighbours in a super quiet rural area, with dogs on the farm and sheep at our direct neighbours' farm.
3. They wanted to set them off at 2pm. With tons of other guests around.
4. what the fizzle?!

I love my American friends and I loved living in America but damn, it's too bad the tourists up here make such a bad name for a country full of some really great people.

These guys also asked if we'd stay open late because "it's a holiday".

Canada Day was just as annoying, for the record. Canada Day in downtown Victoria is a douchefest of epic proportions, and my poor cat was scared by the fireworks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:12 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Ginny is sad! And therefore I say nay to other people's fun! Don't you know that my dog is the center of my universe?!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:20 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Ugh. My state just made it legal for individuals to buy and own fireworks. some towns are still banning them, but not mine. Last night my dog was up til 2am pacing and trembling and panting and drooling and I can't imagine tonight will be any better. This whole week has been fireworks at the most random times. I hope the novelty wears off soon so my doggie and I can have some peace!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:33 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

There are already lost dog postings on craigslist that say "dog was scared by fireworks and ran off".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:39 pm 
WELFARIST!

My little dog doesn't care about fireworks but my big one is really scared of them. As long as he has someone to stay close to and cuddle up with, though, he's pretty good. Once they start around here, I'm going to hang out with him so he isn't scared.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:51 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
There are already lost dog postings on craigslist that say "dog was scared by fireworks and ran off".

Honestly my first thought about that was where the dogs were and who was watching them that they ran off. I have dogs too, but I know today is the 4th and people will be blowing shiitake up. I will not be walking my dogs tonight. I turned the dining room table into a sheet fort and filled it with dog beds and toys.

HOWEVER, the kids next door apparently went to Costco and bought a mega-sized box of snaps, because they have been throwing those things for months. Those don't scare the dogs, but it makes them bark. Luckily, they appear to have gone somewhere else for the holiday.

Also it is my veganniversary and my cativersary (all three of them came home on the 4th), so this is my own happy day.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:53 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

One of mine is totally freaked out, all her hair is up and she bark bark barks. Usually I spend the 4th cuddling her but this time I can't. We left with the radio blasting classic rock so maybe she wouldn't hear every one? It's even more annoying that all my stupid neighbors have to constantly set off firecrackers when we are still in a drought! It's a hundred degrees! Why do they want to burn down the neighborhood.

Also American flag outfits.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:02 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

LazySmurf, you can report your neighbors! It's a $500 fine, and a possible felony charge if they damage anything. You can bet I will gleefully report my dumb neighbors. Don't mess with my dog, people! (or burn my house down... side-eye at next-door neighbors who burned their house down last summer)

My dog absolutely hates the fireworks. She already has a million problems, so fireworks just make everything worse. I'm sad that there will be city fireworks this year since last year they were cancelled due to drought.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:52 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I had no idea I could report them!!! I wish i had known this for the last two weeks!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:52 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

My asshat neighbors shoot off fireworks every year in the weeks leading up to and after July 4th. I get annoyed because it scares my cats, but what peas me off more is that they aren't small fireworks and they shoot them off at 11 pm. I live in a townhome subdivision with a bunch of young families, so besides waking up the little kids, I'm just waiting for my home to catch on fire. I saw a huge stack of fireworks sitting on their patio when I left to run an errand earlier today. I'm not going to lie; I was really tempted to accidentally soak them while I was watering my plants.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:02 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

mrsbadmouth wrote:

Honestly my first thought about that was where the dogs were and who was watching them that they ran off. I have dogs too, but I know today is the 4th and people will be blowing shiitake up. I will not be walking my dogs tonight. I turned the dining room table into a sheet fort and filled it with dog beds and toys.

They're probably the same people who just let their dogs out without a leash to pee because "he never runs away!" However, I have known some dogs who are so freaked by loud noise that they will jump through windows, scale 6 foot stockade fences, etc.

My dog doesn't give a shiitake about fireworks, but I worry about the dogs in the shelter, especially tonight when no one's there. I also worry about stupid people setting off fireworks and catching houses on fire. There was a big news story a day or two ago about a family in new hampshire (where fireworks are legal) who had purchased a bunch of fireworks for the 4th. They accidentally got ignited and started going off. Several people were badly hurt, including small children. I don't know why people can't just leave the fireworks displays to the professionals.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:52 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

The police and fire department in my city have released videos on Facebook explaining that if "it goes up or blows up, it's illegal." We will see if they enforce it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:57 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Okay, new complaint! (What can I say. Complaint is my middle name.) The people at the house behind us are having a huge party with all their 10,000 relatives. Which is fine, they have every right to have a party. It means we can't let the dogs out in the yard, though, because they'll freak at that many people. Their whole yard is packed with people; screaming, running around, playing volleyball (I have already retrieved their ball from my yard once). And someone is setting off fireworks near their house. I'm not 100% sure it's them, but I don't see anyone else out there, and there are fireworks casings on the street near their house.

Maybe I'm just being a crotchety old person, but I don't understand why people can't have a party without so much noise. My family also has cookouts and parties, and we manage to do it without blasting music or screaming at the top of our lungs every 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:03 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

I don't understand why people can't have a party without so much noise.

But people won't be able to tell you're having a good time unless you're screaming as loud as humanly possible!

eta- Obviously the universal sound of "this is the best time ever!" is one continuous, hysterical scream. Bonus fun points if the scream lasts for the whole party!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:13 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

it's raining. my first Fourth of July is RUINED.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:40 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

aww, so glad i'm not the only "stop with the damn fireworks, they're pretty but my dog is a disaster" crotchety old lady! i feel a little guilty that i've been hoping for rain (without thunder, please, cause that really defeats the purpose) so these people can't set any off!