| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 999, 1000, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005 ... 1847  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:53 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 10166
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
I am unbelievably tired but still up at my normal 5 am (well, it's seven now, but I've been puttering about for two hours) on my day off. Oh well. It looks to be a sunny day and I am getting lots of cat snuggles, plus I have a tattooing appointment tomorrow, so that's awesome.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:14 am 
Offline
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 3963
Location: the Eug
My company's revenue is down 30%. Now, I have done a lot of accounting sorts of work in my life and what I am trying to understand is how that happens in the two weeks since the boss got back. At least that is how they make it sound. And as we don't actually have an accountant, but rather just someone who tracks the books...

Bottom line is I am on the Titanic and it is sinking fast. Which thrills me no end!

_________________
Don't mind my breasts and vagina, I'm a gay man.---Idatetatooedguys.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:49 am 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 pm
Posts: 2235
Location: I can't believe it's not England!
smelfood wrote:
My waffle maker came a day early and within 10 minutes of taking it out of the box, I'd already made the cornmeal waffles from Vegan Brunch. Holy shiitake they were delicious! I was talking/thinking/dreaming of waffles all weekend and was not disappointed! I even got the hubby to eat them when he is more of a pancake person.

Oh, and I was offered a job at the dialysis clinic where I interviewed! HAPPY MONDAY!!! Weeee!


Congrats on the job! And you made me go look at waffle makers on amazon. I really shouldn't, but I really want to. Technically, my parents' wafflemaker was given to me as a present, but I'd kind of like to have a new waffle maker for my now vegan waffles.

_________________
"Vegan to me means Oreos for breakfast." -Poopiebitch
"tl;dr: I quit working to drink beer paid for with gift cards" erikasoyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:57 am 
Offline
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:01 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Hope Mills, NC
lillianp wrote:
smelfood wrote:
My waffle maker came a day early and within 10 minutes of taking it out of the box, I'd already made the cornmeal waffles from Vegan Brunch. Holy shiitake they were delicious! I was talking/thinking/dreaming of waffles all weekend and was not disappointed! I even got the hubby to eat them when he is more of a pancake person.

Oh, and I was offered a job at the dialysis clinic where I interviewed! HAPPY MONDAY!!! Weeee!


Congrats on the job! And you made me go look at waffle makers on amazon. I really shouldn't, but I really want to. Technically, my parents' wafflemaker was given to me as a present, but I'd kind of like to have a new waffle maker for my now vegan waffles.


Thanks! You can look at a new waffle maker as an investment in breakfast and for freedom? Freedom loves waffles.

_________________
waffles! waffles! vegan brunch waffles!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:03 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm
Posts: 3927
Location: Graz, Austria
Oh wow! One of our profs, who has a big garden, gave me kilos and kilos of zucchini and yellow summer squashes!
I cubed and froze some, am currently eating my second roasted one (chili salt, pepper, basil), and googled vegan squash recipes.
:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:15 am 
Online
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:12 pm
Posts: 2611
Location: MKE
I actually went running today! My partner signed us up for a 5k in September so that we would actually have to get up and work out. Yay! It was tough but felt good.

I am worried about how long I will be able to do this line of work before I burn out. I generally feel like I don't know what I'm doing and that I am screwing up...I've heard that is totally normal for new attorneys, but my goodness. I have had an upset tummy and getting panicky feeling when I think about work, which makes me sad, because I really want to do this...I need to work on my coping techniques. I'm hoping the running will help.

This weekend I get to go camping! I haven't been since girl scout camp in second grade, so it should be great.

congrats on the job, smelfood!

Phoenix, that sounds like a good way to roast zucchini...maybe I'll do that for dinner...yummm

_________________
"I think I am going to turn into a chickpea." ~Dakini
Love is like a pineapple, sweet and undefinable ~ Piet Hein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:28 am 
Offline
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 6077
Location: Land of Maple and Beavers
I can hardly work from the excitement of going to the cottage this weekend. My excitement is laced with worry, though; the cottage was owned by T.'s grandfather (the one who passed away a couple weeks ago). It's ownership is now in limbo, and in order to transfer ownership to the children of the grandfather, there is this MASSIVE (like, 6 figures) land transfer tax that will have to be paid. Total gouging. And honestly, I don't know if anyone can pay it. So I'm a bit scared that I'll lose my favourite place on earth.

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:31 am 
Offline
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 6077
Location: Land of Maple and Beavers
Also, Jerry Seinfeld's twitter is so unfunny it makes me cringe.

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:57 am 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2254
Location: Wet and Windy Wiltshire
According to Myfitnesspal, I have eaten 131g of protein today. Rawr.

_________________
dropscone - "Ack, I'm no help, I just like to imagine as many people as possible eating roast potatoes."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:08 pm 
Online
Shopped till she dropped
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:36 pm
Posts: 1685
Location: the land of too much wine and wind
I'm debating turning off the air and opening all the windows to get some air up in the piece, since it's 'only' 80 degrees. But I have to bake cupcakes for a friend's birthday, and the oven'll just heat everything up again. I have all day, though, so I guess I could procrastinate, open the windows, and bake cupcakes later. Right?

Whatevs. Doing it! Yay for below 90 weather!

_________________
I just brought out the carrot sticks. This is war. - paprikapapaya

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:14 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5195
Location: Gallifrey
Gulliver wrote:
According to Myfitnesspal, I have eaten 131g of protein today. Rawr.

What the hell are you eating?

Fizzgig wrote:
I am worried about how long I will be able to do this line of work before I burn out. I generally feel like I don't know what I'm doing and that I am screwing up...I've heard that is totally normal for new attorneys, but my goodness. I have had an upset tummy and getting panicky feeling when I think about work, which makes me sad, because I really want to do this...I need to work on my coping techniques. I'm hoping the running will help.

It's pretty natural to feel that way, especially when you're new to something. Once you do it for a while, some of that anxiety should die down and you'll get more comfortable with it. This is especially true when you have a lot of passion for what you do. What kind of attorney are you (if you don't mind me asking)?

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:51 pm 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
Gulliver wrote:
According to Myfitnesspal, I have eaten 131g of protein today. Rawr.

!!? How?!

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:54 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 2448
Location: Midlands, UK
kilgore trout wrote:
Gulliver wrote:
According to Myfitnesspal, I have eaten 131g of protein today. Rawr.

!!? How?!


Big ol' jar of protein powder and a spoon? (that's how I'd do it. Mind you, I do have an obsession with eating jars of things).

_________________
"The lack of obstacles between me and cake is one of the best things about being a grownup for sure." - coldandsleepy

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:13 pm 
Online
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:12 pm
Posts: 2611
Location: MKE
Mr. Shankly wrote:

Fizzgig wrote:
I am worried about how long I will be able to do this line of work before I burn out. I generally feel like I don't know what I'm doing and that I am screwing up...I've heard that is totally normal for new attorneys, but my goodness. I have had an upset tummy and getting panicky feeling when I think about work, which makes me sad, because I really want to do this...I need to work on my coping techniques. I'm hoping the running will help.

It's pretty natural to feel that way, especially when you're new to something. Once you do it for a while, some of that anxiety should die down and you'll get more comfortable with it. This is especially true when you have a lot of passion for what you do. What kind of attorney are you (if you don't mind me asking)?

Thanks, Mr. Shankly...I'm a family law attorney at a non-profit. I do divorce, adoption, custody/support, juvenile delinquency, and child abuse cases. Sadly, it is mostly divorce simply due to the astounding number of divorces, and I know my clients are all in a bad spot, but I feel like I disappoint them. Thanks for listening, PPK.

The newest attorney at our office (graduated together but she just started here yesterday) was asking me questions about client contact and I realized that I do know some stuff. I just worry about messing up people's lives.

Also, it is beautiful weather here, so walking to court should be pleasant.

_________________
"I think I am going to turn into a chickpea." ~Dakini
Love is like a pineapple, sweet and undefinable ~ Piet Hein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:36 pm 
Offline
Impressive boner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm
Posts: 4033
Location: Nottingham.
kilgore trout wrote:
Gulliver wrote:
According to Myfitnesspal, I have eaten 131g of protein today. Rawr.

!!? How?!


It's possible to squeeze in 180/190g a day. I did it until recently with a couple of 500ml soya protein shakes a day and through eating various combinations of Linda McCartney sausages, falafel, tofu, seitan, pulses and homemade silken tofu yogurt. It gives you deadly farts though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:36 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3882
Location: Edinburgh
Mike left his phone at home, so not only did I worry about him (he's ill), I've been seeing the blinking blue light on it out of the corner of my eye since I got home almost 2 hours ago.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:20 pm 
Offline
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:54 am
Posts: 2099
Location: Munich, finally!
The whole day I've been reading the topic "Lost all my pantry staples :(....." as "Lost all my pants staples" and keep imagining someone who used to have very big pants they had to keep together with staples, and as they now lost them, they are losing their pants and walking around naked.
I'm worried.

_________________
I dunno, I guess I just get enthused over eating big ol' squishy balls. - Interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:27 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm
Posts: 3927
Location: Graz, Austria
Haha! It's okay - everytime I see "Toronto" my mind goes "Totoro!!" ;D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:02 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:34 am
Posts: 2438
strawberryrock wrote:
I turned 25 today and I feel pretty awful. Like not just about my birthday but life in general.



Happy birthday even though you don't feel like it today. Life will get better eventually.

Something to cheer you up: (also posted this in the best things thread)



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:07 pm 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:08 pm
Posts: 1069
I've been asked to do a survey and one of the first questions is:

"If Morrison's [chain supermarket] were a person, I would consider them...

*Someone I would try to avoid
*Someone I wouldn't want to be seen with
*A close friend I would tell secrets to
*A mate- someone I might have a pint with every now and then
*A neighbour I never see
*A partner (boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife)
*Someone I fancy but can't pluck up courage to speak to"

You have to pick one. What a strange question. Who would pick the last one?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:08 pm 
Offline
Hip Goiter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:07 pm
Posts: 8179
Location: Philly/London
Phoenix wrote:
Haha! It's okay - everytime I see "Toronto" my mind goes "Totoro!!" ;D


Hahaha love this!

_________________
@randibop for le tweets & le pics

Laughfrodisiac


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:49 pm 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2254
Location: Wet and Windy Wiltshire
8ball wrote:
kilgore trout wrote:
Gulliver wrote:
According to Myfitnesspal, I have eaten 131g of protein today. Rawr.
!!? How?!
It's possible to squeeze in 180/190g a day. I did it until recently with a couple of 500ml soya protein shakes a day and through eating various combinations of Linda McCartney sausages, falafel, tofu, seitan, pulses and homemade silken tofu yogurt. It gives you deadly farts though.
This, roughly speaking. I'm also going low-carb and low-calorie to try and lose a bit of fat and not lose what muscle I have.

I had one protein shake, Linda McCartney sausages, lentils and homemade sausages. All under 1400 calories, also (followed by two pints, which puts it at nearer 1800, but I did 600 worth of cardio-type exercise this morning so let's call it 1200 net).

_________________
dropscone - "Ack, I'm no help, I just like to imagine as many people as possible eating roast potatoes."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:02 pm 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7285
Location: Portland, OR
GreenDuck wrote:
I've been asked to do a survey and one of the first questions is:

"If Morrison's [chain supermarket] were a person, I would consider them...

*Someone I would try to avoid
*Someone I wouldn't want to be seen with
*A close friend I would tell secrets to
*A mate- someone I might have a pint with every now and then
*A neighbour I never see
*A partner (boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife)
*Someone I fancy but can't pluck up courage to speak to"

You have to pick one. What a strange question. Who would pick the last one?

They're really missing on the 'Someone I met in a glory hole once' market.

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:26 pm 
Offline
Fair trade, organic mistletoe
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 3507
Location: Toronto
Mars wrote:
GreenDuck wrote:
I've been asked to do a survey and one of the first questions is:

"If Morrison's [chain supermarket] were a person, I would consider them...

*Someone I would try to avoid
*Someone I wouldn't want to be seen with
*A close friend I would tell secrets to
*A mate- someone I might have a pint with every now and then
*A neighbour I never see
*A partner (boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife)
*Someone I fancy but can't pluck up courage to speak to"

You have to pick one. What a strange question. Who would pick the last one?

They're really missing on the 'Someone I met in a glory hole once' market.

Nah, that's more of a Walmart, I think. It's useful and you have a pretty good time, but you have to pick and choose who in your life you tell about your trips there.

_________________
"I'd rather have dried catshit! I'd rather have astroturf! I'd rather have an igloo!"~Isa

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:28 pm 
Offline
Fair trade, organic mistletoe
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 3507
Location: Toronto
I find it really odd when people write to you and say "I trust you are well". Okay...if I'm not have I shattered your trust? Is this a betrayal we will never overcome? Why not just ask if I am well? Do you have to frame it in such a limiting fashion from the get-go? Jeez!

_________________
"I'd rather have dried catshit! I'd rather have astroturf! I'd rather have an igloo!"~Isa

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 999, 1000, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005 ... 1847  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chosephine, coldandsleepy, Fizzgig, Google [Bot], kara kara, Moon and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer