| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 133  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:52 pm 
Saggy Butt

pistachiorose wrote:

peanut wrote:
My crush has become my best friend. I feel weird saying that, because I think we are attracted to each other, but we haven't done anything about that yet. But I've gotten pretty attached, and it makes me very sad when he talks about moving.

I've been lurking and reading about this, and wondering. So are you not dating then? What happened? You should make a move!

I'm about 75 percent sure we are just friends, but really, your guess is as good as mine. I'm fine with it either way, really. It actually sounds like we might be in similar boats. Plenty of alone time, plenty of drunk time, yet nothing physical. By that I mean we literally have not touched each other at all, in any way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:53 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I went to a SciFi/Fantasy meet up last night and now I have a crush on someone there. We spent pretty much an hour and a half talking about social justice issues, fanfiction, writing in general and travel and disability issues. So cool.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I have a crush (a not-my-boyfriend crush) on an old friend. It's just fun. I like having a crush again.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:23 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

my man crush.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:31 pm 
Kale Wreath

Mars wrote:
pistachiorose wrote:
but I'm not pushing anything because I figure if he likes me then eventually he'll feel comfortable enough to make a definite move, and if not then we will slide into friend territory comfortably.

Sounds to me like he might be the type of guy waiting for you to make a move.

I did it! I MADE A MOVE! And it was well-received.

I rarely do that sort of thing, but after 1 month of doing typical date-like things and then spending an hour planning various mini-trips together with all of our mutual time off for the rest of the summer, I decided that there was 0% chance of getting rejected.

Of course now I'm kind of fretting about how strong his feelings are and whether he wanted this to progress or not. And I don't feel I have the right to ask about this because I'm leaving at the end of the summer with vague plans of coming back in 8 months and I can't make him commit and wait for me. But on the other hand, he did mention planning to visit me during that time. And he had a 7-year long-distance relationship in the past. Stop it brain, stop being like that. Stop over-thinking so much argh.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:39 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

lillianp wrote:
I went to a SciFi/Fantasy meet up last night and now I have a crush on someone there. We spent pretty much an hour and a half talking about social justice issues, fanfiction, writing in general and travel and disability issues. So cool.

OMG. Was it the Boston SciFi/Fantasy meetup from Meetup.com? Please tell me it is!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:20 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

So I went to a friend's show last night (where there was almost every crushworthy babe I know, jeeeeeez), but I saw the friend I'm most seriously crushing on right now. We both did the "I've been meaning to call you" thing (I've been ultra depressed lately & putting off things like calling people). Then we made plans to have a beer and hang out tomorrow night. Yay! Even if it's a non smoochy beer, she's one of my favorite folks to talk with. Also got 2 nice hugs.

My friend who played last night is someone with whom there are mutually crushy feelings we've decided not to pursue. I hadn't seen him for a couple of weeks, which is unusual for us. I proceeded to have a smoochy dream about him last night, which led me to wake in the middle of the night saying "fork! Stop being sexually attracted to this person!" l really don't see that happening, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:36 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Mmmm crussshhhhinnngggghh

P.S., my crush didn't come to my party! But! When I went in to get coffee he right away, as soon as I walked in said "I'm soooooo sorry I didn't make it to your party!" and went on like that! And then he gave me a bunch of extra punches on my punch card all cute like. And told me all excited-like August 1st he was moving into my neighborhood.

P.S. I'm over thinking this.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:00 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

I had to call things off with my crush before they got started, he's really interested in me and upset. I just think he would be toxic for me, it's making me so sad though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:52 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

fezza wrote:
I had to call things off with my crush before they got started, he's really interested in me and upset. I just think he would be toxic for me, it's making me so sad though.

I'm sorry, Fezza. Points for recognizing that he would be toxic before you got too involved.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:59 am 

Vantine wrote:
fezza wrote:

I'm sorry, Fezza. Points for recognizing that he would be toxic before you got too involved.

Thanks Vantine. Between that and realising that I'm starting to have (probably unrequited) feelings for a friend, I'm just 'buh' atm.

Got a coffee date this afternoon with a Uni lecturer who does a bit of photography. It's a funny 'possibly date(ish), possibly work' thing. Hopefully that'll help put a bit of distance in for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:37 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I need a new crush because my old one is officially a bust! Maybe I will go to a lot of coffee shops today since that seems to work for some people.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:43 am 

Dammit, met attractive, interesting lecturer and all I can think about is toxic man FML!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:48 pm 
Nailed to the V

mars, your crush is starting to make me all giddy! sounds like it is totally going well!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:54 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I *still* haven't worked up the nerve to message the person I'm sort of crushing on (I met said person once last monday and failed to get the number) through livejournal (no, I'm not super stalkery, they gave me their magazine website which has a blog on LJ and they post there under their username and I really don't want to use the submission email to contact them)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:31 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

fezza wrote:
Dammit, met attractive, interesting lecturer and all I can think about is toxic man FML!

I'm sorry, fezza. It's really wonderful that you took action when you realized that things would not be good for you, but I understand that it's still tough, because that doesn't negate the chemistry you had or the feelings that were there. Do you think you might see the lecturer again?

After nothing for a while, my crush contacted me just when I was wondering what the appropriate amount of time to wait is. I looked like this:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:41 pm 

lillianp wrote:
I *still* haven't worked up the nerve to message the person I'm sort of crushing on (I met said person once last monday and failed to get the number) through livejournal (no, I'm not super stalkery, they gave me their magazine website which has a blog on LJ and they post there under their username and I really don't want to use the submission email to contact them)

Lilliaaaaannnnnn tell me about this please! Cause I think this person might be from the Scifi/Fantasy meetup that my friend organizes and so I am curious! So curious!

DrakeRedcrest wrote:
fezza wrote:

I'm sorry, fezza. It's really wonderful that you took action when you realized that things would not be good for you, but I understand that it's still tough, because that doesn't negate the chemistry you had or the feelings that were there. Do you think you might see the lecturer again?

After nothing for a while, my crush contacted me just when I was wondering what the appropriate amount of time to wait is. I looked like this:

Fezza, I totally hear you and am 100% with you. It's a bisque.

DRC, that made me giggle very hard. Also, YAY YOU! How did crush contact? If it's email or text message, I try to wait about half an hour so I don't look too enthusiastic (my email goes to my phone), but so I also don't look like I'm purposely waiting (because anyone who has met me knows that I check my phone embarrassingly frequently, so if I waited four hours, it'd be suspect).

Ultimately... Respond when you want! I think worrying about timing and whatnot will only stress you out unnecessarily.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:13 pm 

Thanks guys! <3 I don't think anything would happen with lecturer, he has booked me to work as his assistant at a job next month. It's better if we just keep to a working relationship. He's a nice guy and I'm looking forward to working with him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:25 pm 
Saggy Butt

I don't have a real crush right now but the cute guy who lives across the street said hi to me today. It was kinda nice.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:44 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

DarthCupcake wrote:
lillianp wrote:

Lilliaaaaannnnnn tell me about this please! Cause I think this person might be from the Scifi/Fantasy meetup that my friend organizes and so I am curious! So curious!

Uh, well. It's the Boston Scifi/Fantasy meet up. Does that help? And i'm not sure how often this person participates, so I dunno if going to ALL the meet ups would help. Sigh.

I also realized I double booked myself-backpacking for a weekend or going to see Dark Knight Rises on a friday night?! I dunno!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:54 pm 

lillianp wrote:

Uh, well. It's the Boston Scifi/Fantasy meet up. Does that help? And i'm not sure how often this person participates, so I dunno if going to ALL the meet ups would help. Sigh.

I also realized I double booked myself-backpacking for a weekend or going to see Dark Knight Rises on a friday night?! I dunno!

Yes! That is totally the meet up I used to go to. Josh, Lynn, and Ethan are all my people. Tell Josh that you are my friend and mention your interest in the person in question and he probably tell you how often he or she attends and be appropriately quiet about it.

Aww, I'm happy you're going to that! It's a really great group of people.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:12 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Is it wrong to fantasize about a cute guy in my office who is married (and I'm also in a relationship)? I caught myself thinking of unrealistic futures with him, featuring smooches and babies and stuff. I don't even want babies! But I painted my nails last night because I know I'll see him today for an important meeting. Fantasy crush!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:42 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

DarthCupcake wrote:
DRC, that made me giggle very hard. Also, YAY YOU! How did crush contact? If it's email or text message, I try to wait about half an hour so I don't look too enthusiastic (my email goes to my phone), but so I also don't look like I'm purposely waiting (because anyone who has met me knows that I check my phone embarrassingly frequently, so if I waited four hours, it'd be suspect).

Ultimately... Respond when you want! I think worrying about timing and whatnot will only stress you out unnecessarily.

We were emailing, and then after I replied we talked on gchat last night. While I was watching You've Got Mail. He is impossibly wonderful so I'm always worried that I'm going to say something dumb.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:56 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

DarthCupcake wrote:
lillianp wrote:

Yes! That is totally the meet up I used to go to. Josh, Lynn, and Ethan are all my people. Tell Josh that you are my friend and mention your interest in the person in question and he probably tell you how often he or she attends and be appropriately quiet about it.

Sweet! I'll be sure to introduce myself. Everyone seemed super awesome, though I spent most of the evening talking about social justice & nerd things with this person. Previous to that it was two guys stationed on the USS Wasp, a giant asparagus naval ship that was here in Boston for the Tall Ships festival we just had. So, uh, what I'm trying to say is that I haven't more than in passing met these people you mention!

Additionally, I made myself message said person through LJ. They're on the Cape right now and probably not going to be at the next event, but is open to hanging out outside of the meetup! Wheeeeeee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:04 pm 

lillianp wrote:
DarthCupcake wrote:
lillianp wrote:

Sweet! I'll be sure to introduce myself. Everyone seemed super awesome, though I spent most of the evening talking about social justice & nerd things with this person. Previous to that it was two guys stationed on the USS Wasp, a giant asparagus naval ship that was here in Boston for the Tall Ships festival we just had. So, uh, what I'm trying to say is that I haven't more than in passing met these people you mention!

Additionally, I made myself message said person through LJ. They're on the Cape right now and probably not going to be at the next event, but is open to hanging out outside of the meetup! Wheeeeeee

YAY! That's awesome! I am excited for you. And the person sounds really great! Yay for you!!

Try to track down Ethan at some point, he's a fellow vegan.

Reply to topic  [ 3317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 133  Next