| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005, 1006, 1007 ... 1888  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:08 pm 
Hip Goiter

LOVE MAKE IT OR BREAK IT! Yes! Someone else knows what it is!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:32 pm 
Like Anal, But Backwards

RandiJM wrote:
Just met Danny DeVito!

Oh my god, Danny Devito I love your work!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:58 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

RandiJM wrote:
LOVE MAKE IT OR BREAK IT! Yes! Someone else knows what it is!

I loved Make it or Break it and was really sad when they cancelled it. My husband was super happy because he hated it.

I wanted to choke Wendy out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:01 pm 
Hip Goiter

I know I HATED her and KP's mother (but how much did you love KP at the end??). I'm still trying to get Olympic tickets to gymnastics so I can yell "Where's Payson!!!"

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:04 pm 

I used to hate KP when she was super snarky and then at the end she was my favorite. Her mom was an evil, manipulative bisque! I miss that show. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:39 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Did you guys know that people actually say "making groceries" to mean "buying groceries" here a lot? Like it's almost getting on my nerves. I've been hearing it for 24 years, but now I'm just sick of it. You know you're buying groceries, getting groceries, whatever...you're not making them. Stop it. You don't even speak French, damnit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:01 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I'm really worried about the gluten free cinnamon rolls I just took out of the oven. I've never made them before, and they seem kind of... hard. They didn't puff AT ALL, which I know is kinda normal with GF stuff, but still... They aren't looking very pretty and when I poked one, it seemed HARD. Which scares me.

I don't normally bake GF, but I like to bring food to the tattoo shop when I get work done, and my artist requested cinnamon rolls and one of the owners (it's a woman and her husband and they are RAD) admitted that she can't have gluten, so I promised to make the cinnamon rolls GF, since I've been bringing in all these baked goods that she can't have, without even knowing it! (The front desk girl is vegan, though, which is rad!)

But now I'm worried that I forked them up. Waaaaahhhhhhh.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:03 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

DarthCupcake wrote:
I'm really worried about the gluten free cinnamon rolls I just took out of the oven. I've never made them before, and they seem kind of... hard. They didn't puff AT ALL, which I know is kinda normal with GF stuff, but still... They aren't looking very pretty and when I poked one, it seemed HARD. Which scares me.

I don't normally bake GF, but I like to bring food to the tattoo shop when I get work done, and my artist requested cinnamon rolls and one of the owners (it's a woman and her husband and they are RAD) admitted that she can't have gluten, so I promised to make the cinnamon rolls GF, since I've been bringing in all these baked goods that she can't have, without even knowing it! (The front desk girl is vegan, though, which is rad!)

But now I'm worried that I forked them up. Waaaaahhhhhhh.

Darthcupcake, I'm sorry! I hope they turn out ok!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:13 pm 
WELFARIST!

So I was laying in bed the other night and smelled poo and my elderly cat was lying beside me, as he always does, so I figured he'd just taken a poop recently and the stench was clinging to him. So I tried to sleep and this strong poop smell kept coming and I thought maybe it was more than this so I looked at kitty's butt to see if some remnant log hadn't fallen off when he was just in the litter box or something, but his bottom was clean. So then I figured that maybe he'd taken an extra smelly dump right before coming to bed or whatevs and the scent was just clinging to his fur more than usual and would fade away in a little bit. So anyway, I finally just decided to stop focusing on the poop stench and nodded off for the night. So the next morning, I get up and was straightening my pillows, making my bed and there was a LOG OF POO RIGHT UNDERNEATH MY PILLOW THAT I"D BEEN SLEEPING ON ALL NIGHT. Arghhhh!!!! Then I thought of the parallels of my own story to The Princess and the Pea, except this time, it would be called The Cat Lady and the Poo.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Omg, The Cat Lady and the Poo. I am so sorry and also I am laughing so hard.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:43 pm 
WELFARIST!

raspberrycomplaint wrote:

Same here. I have an all too clear picture of this in my head.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:53 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Mr. Shankly wrote:

Same here. I have an all too clear picture of this in my head.

I am concerned by how much the story of the Cat Lady and the Poo resonates with me. I am clearly the target demographic.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:15 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Today we got a call at work that there were two dead hawks in a local park. We were trying to figure out how two hawks could have died at the same time. Well, my mom just went out there and there were actually 3 dead hawks and they had all been shot with a bb gun. I will never understand people.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:39 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

People are dicks.

We found out today that BT is trying to rip us off. Well, maybe. They sneakily signed us (my workplace) up to a 5-year contract when the thing we signed was just for a name change. So now I have to sort this out. I almost hope that they're dicks about it so we can go to the media with a story about how BT is trying to rip off a charity. (Not really - I'd like them to just admit their mistake so I don't have to do any extra work.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:52 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Today we got a call at work that there were two dead hawks in a local park. We were trying to figure out how two hawks could have died at the same time. Well, my mom just went out there and there were actually 3 dead hawks and they had all been shot with a bb gun. I will never understand people.

Ugh. That sucks.

A guy I work with was riding his bike through a not-so-great neighborhood a couple days ago. He was shot with a BB gun. Thank goodness he was wearing a helmet, because there are three divots where the BBs hit. Scary!

In other news, I was almost talked into going to look at kittens today. My laziness over biking all the way over there (it's really not that far) and my desire to go to yoga later won over the cuteness. Plus, I should probably drag Fred along with me, since he'd be taking care of it too. Also, our house is a disaster. We would definitely need to clean before bringing an animal friend into this house.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:10 pm 
Inflexitarian

kara, was he in humboldt park? i got assaulted on my bike in humboldt park like a year and a half ago, and anyone else i know who's been attacked while biking (not by a car), it's also been in humboldt park. which is crazy to me because in general, i feel pretty ok in most parts of the neighborhood, have a ton of friends who live and/or work there that i visit, and in general i feel safer on my bike in terms of being mugged or whatever than i do taking public transportation or walking.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:05 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ugh, I post too much when my anxiety is acting up. Sorry. My mother is waiting for test results from her doctor and she's super worried about it. So of course I'm worried too, and I can't get in contact with her to find out if the doctor called her yet. And none of my friends are around, so there's no one to convince me that everything is probably okay.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:19 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

electric_claire wrote:
kara, was he in humboldt park? i got assaulted on my bike in humboldt park like a year and a half ago, and anyone else i know who's been attacked while biking (not by a car), it's also been in humboldt park. which is crazy to me because in general, i feel pretty ok in most parts of the neighborhood, have a ton of friends who live and/or work there that i visit, and in general i feel safer on my bike in terms of being mugged or whatever than i do taking public transportation or walking.

Yep. Definitely Humboldt. I can't remember exactly where, but it was pretty far west. I agree with you about feeling safest on my bike. My reasoning is that I can outrun anyone on foot, can zoom around in ways cars can't, and honestly, I'm faster than most non-messengers on bike. But when firearms or any other projectiles are involved (another coworker had someone throw a FULL, UNOPENED can of Arizona Tea at her a few weeks ago--can't remember where), the assailant has the advantage.

I'm really glad I went to yoga tonight. I totally zoned out during shavasana. It was magical. I hate that I let laziness keep me from doing something that I love so much that makes me feel so good. I have 7 sessions left in my series that I have to use up by the end of August. I need to go 1-2 times a week to not lose out on my money. I'm gonna do it!

Ugh, I post too much when my anxiety is acting up. Sorry. My mother is waiting for test results from her doctor and she's super worried about it. So of course I'm worried too, and I can't get in contact with her to find out if the doctor called her yet. And none of my friends are around, so there's no one to convince me that everything is probably okay.

RC, I'm so sorry to hear your mom is going through that. I've been there, and I'm a prime example that sometimes bad news isn't necessarily completely horrible. Lots of diagnoses are more treatable than we initially think. Obviously, I don't know what the results are for, but I definitely wish you and her the best of luck and wishes and puppy kiss!

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:42 pm 

Hubby was being ridiculously annoying while I was eating curry hummus and a pita, so I threw a piece of pita loaded with hummus and it landed on his cheek and stuck there. I laughed so hard I cried. The puppy licked the hummus off of his face.

PS I don't like the hummus.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:24 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

kara kara wrote:

RC, I'm so sorry to hear your mom is going through that. I've been there, and I'm a prime example that sometimes bad news isn't necessarily completely horrible. Lots of diagnoses are more treatable than we initially think. Obviously, I don't know what the results are for, but I definitely wish you and her the best of luck and wishes and puppy kiss!

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:41 pm 
Inflexitarian

Old friend posted a long string of sexist images on the facebooks. It pissed me off, so I counted to ten then wrote a (probably too long) comment about what was wrong with his posts. I'd probably be better off just unfriending him, but whatever worth a try.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:15 am 
WELFARIST!

That moment of panic and fear when you realize you're being held hostage by the cat on your lap and that if you make any sudden movements, he's going to kill you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:17 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

kara kara wrote:
another coworker had someone throw a FULL, UNOPENED can of Arizona Tea at her a few weeks ago

This happened to me (but with a can of beer thrown from an SUV). I wish I'd had the presence of mind to memorize his license plate number and call the police, because that shiitake is dangerous.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:18 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Mr. Shankly wrote:
That moment of panic and fear when you realize you're being held hostage by the cat on your lap and that if you make any sudden movements, he's going to kill you.

This happens quite often with Molly. She is always so sweet, but if she is snuggled up on me and gets woken up, she has a quick, sharp beak and wants immediate revenge for having her precious feathers ruffled. Im good at avoiding and distracting her with kisses though, so I'm usually safe.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:54 am 
Discovered unobtainium

The macaw is so scary smart and devious. His favorite thing in the whole wide world is a paper towel to shred. Every night, my dad clears off the kitchen counter and gives him one paper towel to shred. The macaw has a blast and makes an enormous mess. He is kept away from paper products all other times.

He doesn't usually chew the newspaper at the bottom of his cage, but sometimes Molly does. This annoys my mom as tiny paper chews get everywhere and she pulls the paper out. Normally she gets yelled at for this, so she knows to do it on the sly.

So, on Monday, mom put two pieces of paper towel in the bottom of Molly's sleep cage and then put it back on the floor out of the way. The cage has a heavy pull out metal drawer that is several inches deep, so the paper towels couldn't be seen. Molly hadn't been in it since.

Yesterday, Moll was chewing the newspaper and kept at it, and mom swept up the mess several times. The macaw was walking around the room, something he does once or twice a day. I guess it's his constitutional?

Anyway, moll goes at the newspaper again, and mom yells at her that she is being a bad bird and to stop chewing the paper. Molly blinks her big eyes and ignores her, but the macaw comes running back to the cage making little "eh eh" sounds and looking stressed. Turns out HE had been busy devouring the paper that had been in Molly's cage. He figured out how to open the drawer to get at it.

Moll doesn't much care if you scold her or tell her she is being a bad bird, but the macaw reacts like a kicked puppy. When I say "yell" I really just mean a stern voice that gets their attention. I don't know how much the difference is due to Moll being smuggled and loved as a baby and the macaw being smacked with broomsticks. I try not to think about it.

But the freaky part is he had to have remembered seeing mom put it in there and been working up the courage all week to go do it. He is a scardy cat about stuff.

That was way too long, but it was so funny. If you ever wondered what macaws plot about all day, I guess this is a good example.

ETA: Moll has a chewy paper toy made out of coconut fiber in to,chew on, but she won't unless the mess goes outside the cage. We aren't trying to stop her from doing bird chewy things, just not have the results in a 6' radius around the living room.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005, 1006, 1007 ... 1888  Next