| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 245  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:20 pm 
Offline
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:33 pm
Posts: 164
Location: Knoxville, TN
OK Cupid looking up! I've decided to cast a wider net and talking to two pretty stellar ladies in close-by cities (within five hours from where I live, erm). I guess that's what happens when you live in a place where it's hard to find ANYONE with similar interests. Probably won't meet either of them, but for now the email exchanging is exciting and it's fun getting to know different people :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:25 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19338
Location: Cliffbar NJ
fezza wrote:
In RL, I'm pretty sure I'd like something more with one of my guy friends. I have no idea if he views me that way at all, I have my doubts. I'd happily suspend my dating site accounts if he gave me any indication that there was a chance of something happening at any point, buh.


You're so sexy! I bet he thinks naughty, naughty thoughts about you allatimes. Like the rest of us (fnerrrrrrrrrr) ::fapfapfapfapfap::

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:41 pm 
Offline
Thinks chickens are assholes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 5750
Tofulish wrote:
fezza wrote:
In RL, I'm pretty sure I'd like something more with one of my guy friends. I have no idea if he views me that way at all, I have my doubts. I'd happily suspend my dating site accounts if he gave me any indication that there was a chance of something happening at any point, buh.


You're so sexy! I bet he thinks naughty, naughty thoughts about you allatimes. Like the rest of us (fnerrrrrrrrrr) ::fapfapfapfapfap::


I do love you Tofulish! <3!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:20 pm 
Offline
TOTALLY CRADICAL
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:42 am
Posts: 4382
Location: Smugville, CA
Weekend trip with cute guy from OKC went really well. I am really liking hanging out with him but at the same time it's going pretty slow and casual and I'm totally cool with that too. I am trying to screw up the courage to tell him that I like things how they are but if he is open to the possibility of more some day, then I am open to it, too...

_________________
Crazy rating: Double plus crazytown bananapants ~Jordanpattern
"It's, you know, your typical Portland restaurant; bowls." ~Kittee
Sews Before Bros


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:38 pm 
Offline
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:47 pm
Posts: 2192
Location: Western North Carolina
papercuts wrote:
OK Cupid looking up! I've decided to cast a wider net and talking to two pretty stellar ladies in close-by cities (within five hours from where I live, erm). I guess that's what happens when you live in a place where it's hard to find ANYONE with similar interests. Probably won't meet either of them, but for now the email exchanging is exciting and it's fun getting to know different people :)


Too bad its not me! You must be writing SOMEONE is Asheville :)

_________________
Evolved a vascular system, so I went from bryophyte to lycophyte.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:46 am 
Offline
Not NOT A Furry

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:29 pm
Posts: 504
okcupid is bloody brilliant when you move somewhere new (and bigger)! So much attention, I'm loving it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:43 am 
Offline
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:33 pm
Posts: 164
Location: Knoxville, TN
lycophyte; I am! do you live in Asheville? It seems like the queer/liberal mecca of the South... i've resolved to try to get there some in the coming year. :) Knoxville pales in comparison


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:53 am 
Offline
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:47 pm
Posts: 2192
Location: Western North Carolina
papercuts wrote:
lycophyte; I am! do you live in Asheville? It seems like the queer/liberal mecca of the South... i've resolved to try to get there some in the coming year. :) Knoxville pales in comparison



It so it! But Knoxville isn't sooooo bad. Ok maybe it is, but I know some cool people there anyway :p

If you aren't creepy, I have 2 available futons if you need a place to stay. If you are creepy, sorry they are booked. So what is your profile? I'm chroma2424.

_________________
Evolved a vascular system, so I went from bryophyte to lycophyte.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:50 am 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:15 pm
Posts: 2574
Ok PPK, do I 1) give up on online dating because I feel like I have messaged every girl in Portland, 2) keep on looking through matches even though the idea exhausts me, 3) come up with some strategy for meeting people in real life (this is unlikely as I really hate "talking to people"), or 4) cut my hair short and see if girls like me more. Or um rewrite my profile and see if girls message me? They never really do though.

Oh my OkCupid username is waterisdiamonds, by the way, so everyone ask me on dates.

_________________
"No one with hair so soft and glossy could ever be bad at anything." - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:16 pm 
Offline
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:47 pm
Posts: 2192
Location: Western North Carolina
So, my new idea for meeting people in real life is taking the 80s game Heart Throb I bought from goodwill in HS with pictures of "cute" boys in the late 80s, and personality cards. We are going to make a local version of this (with both boys and girls and anyone in between) with Asheville-rific personality cards. So, basically, I get to walk up to cute people and tell them they are cute! and it can be awkward but I have an excuse! Then I take their picture!

_________________
Evolved a vascular system, so I went from bryophyte to lycophyte.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:25 pm 
Offline
Inflexitarian
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:17 am
Posts: 759
Location: Toronto
strawberryrock wrote:
Oh my OkCupid username is waterisdiamonds, by the way, so everyone ask me on dates.


Done.

Also, my vote would be for option #5 - Take a break for a while, so there'll be lots of new people later!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:14 pm 
Offline
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:33 pm
Posts: 164
Location: Knoxville, TN
Impossibly fabulous dating game idea!
I am androgynousluv
I've been drifting in grad school-no-time-to-tie-my-shoes land, but I still want to meet cool people/make-out buddies! :) Ah, life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:26 pm 
Offline
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 am
Posts: 7727
Location: Portland
strawberryrock wrote:
Ok PPK, do I 1) give up on online dating because I feel like I have messaged every girl in Portland, 2) keep on looking through matches even though the idea exhausts me, 3) come up with some strategy for meeting people in real life (this is unlikely as I really hate "talking to people"), or 4) cut my hair short and see if girls like me more. Or um rewrite my profile and see if girls message me? They never really do though.

Oh my OkCupid username is waterisdiamonds, by the way, so everyone ask me on dates.


I think you should keep it up, but maybe just put it on the back burner for a while and concentrate on doing stuff in real life that you like.

I also think you should date my sister, but unfortunately, she lives in Vancouver, BC.

_________________
If you spit on my food I will blow your forking head off, you filthy shitdog. - Mumbles
Don't you know that vegan meat is the gateway drug to chicken addiction? Because GMO and trans-fats. - kaerlighed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:30 pm 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:15 pm
Posts: 2574
jordanpattern wrote:
I also think you should date my sister, but unfortunately, she lives in Vancouver, BC.


It's cool, I have a passport!

_________________
"No one with hair so soft and glossy could ever be bad at anything." - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:35 pm 
Offline
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:47 pm
Posts: 2192
Location: Western North Carolina
papercuts wrote:
Impossibly fabulous dating game idea!
I am androgynousluv
I've been drifting in grad school-no-time-to-tie-my-shoes land, but I still want to meet cool people/make-out buddies! :) Ah, life.



Cute! You should in the very least come to Veganstock in a few weeks! viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20775

I'll buy you some velcro shoes @ goodwill.

_________________
Evolved a vascular system, so I went from bryophyte to lycophyte.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:30 pm 
Offline
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3178
Location: San Francisco
I gave up on OkC and deactivated my account. The only good thing to ever come out of OkC for me was ESL Teacher, and he broke my heart, and yet continues to be the only person I have feelings for. The longer we've been broken up, the stronger my feelings seem to be getting, instead of lesser. BALLS.

I figure that I'm not going to successfully fall for someone via online dating, because finding someone who can compare to ESL Teacher is hard enough without physical chemistry. So... I guess I'm going to continue flailing like an idiot? I'm hoping I'll somehow magically meet someone foxy in real life and that will solve my problems.

_________________
Your heart is a muscle the size of a fist
Keep loving, keep fighting

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:29 pm 
Offline
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 7386
Location: bindlestiff
lycophyte wrote:
So, my new idea for meeting people in real life is taking the 80s game Heart Throb I bought from goodwill in HS with pictures of "cute" boys in the late 80s, and personality cards. We are going to make a local version of this (with both boys and girls and anyone in between) with Asheville-rific personality cards. So, basically, I get to walk up to cute people and tell them they are cute! and it can be awkward but I have an excuse! Then I take their picture!

Gold.

_________________
I sure do love beige food covered in gravy. -the wise rachell37

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:29 pm 
Offline
Thinks chickens are assholes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 5750
I'm so sorry DC, I hope your heart is happy again soon <3

I almost asked toxic guy to come visit on Saturday, but I fought the chemistry and have just asked a nice, normalish guy if he wants to hang out. He's new to the whole thing and was worried he'd been too full on by asking me out last night. I figured I can be at least a nice first date for him to go on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:48 pm 
Offline
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:47 pm
Posts: 2192
Location: Western North Carolina
pandacookie wrote:
lycophyte wrote:
So, my new idea for meeting people in real life is taking the 80s game Heart Throb I bought from goodwill in HS with pictures of "cute" boys in the late 80s, and personality cards. We are going to make a local version of this (with both boys and girls and anyone in between) with Asheville-rific personality cards. So, basically, I get to walk up to cute people and tell them they are cute! and it can be awkward but I have an excuse! Then I take their picture!

Gold.


We can do this over Veganstock weekend too ya know.

And I will use your visage for the game if you are up for it! You know we already have a "Has an etsy store" as a personality card.

_________________
Evolved a vascular system, so I went from bryophyte to lycophyte.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:23 pm 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:16 pm
Posts: 282
Location: philadelphia
I turned my OKC profile back on out of boredom. I've talked to a few guys I might be interested in meeting and a few I'm probably not interested in meeting. I'm so fickle about it all. No one who seems totally awesome and like "I have GOT to meet this dude." Meh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:19 am 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:30 am
Posts: 292
Location: Astoria, NY
Oh my gosh, I actually had a good OK Cupid date this weekend for the first time in FOREVER! We had afternoon coffee that turned into early evening beers and geeked out about a bunch of stuff like PT Anderson and David Bowie. I've got a second date lined up tonight.

Only trouble is: I met him the same week that I also finally made out with a "real life" dude that I've had a crush on for awhile. Whoops. Now I'm torn. It's only been about a week of this though so I'm hoping my feelings will magically sort themselves out. Or maybe one dude will turn out to be less interesting. I guess I'm psyched that all my stars are aligning or whatever but crepe, this has never happened before!

_________________
I have too many blogs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:59 pm 
Offline
Baking In The Flavor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:03 pm
Posts: 189
Location: Phoenix
I haven't been on this thread for a while so here's a bit of an update:

I went on a lot of casual dates and then settled with one guy from POF kind of regularly before going on a trip overseas for a couple of weeks. When I got back we just weren't feeling it around each other anymore and broke it off. A big problem for me was his insistence on calling me his girlfriend early on, leaving stuff at my house, inserting himself into my life & decisions in a way that I thought was a little inappropriate & bossy. Also insisting on PDA when I told him it made me uncomfortable. All manner of wrong really, and I am now happily single again. Sweet freedom!

I'm going to take a break from dating for a while, and I took down all my online profiles. I realized that I really like being single and it's going to take some kind of unicorn person to change my status.

A couple things I learned from online dating: meet up early (others have said this). The less time you spend fantasizing & building each other up with sweet email/chatty talk the better.

Notice red flags: Maybe it's just Phoenix, but I was shocked at how openly racist people I met were. I'm white, & I date the rainbow, but a lot of men I met felt free to tell me early on that they only dated white girls - a few of them were Latino and African-American men who only dated white girls. They always mentioned their mothers & sisters and how they didn't want to date anyone like them. So maybe it's not so much racist as mommy-sister issues? Anyway, ew. People who liked me specifically because I was white, short, or petite were red flags to me because they were often a bit shallow, like anyone with a set "type." I feel like those kind of people didn't see me as human. Another red flag? Bringing up how the Jews control everything or any complaining about Jewish people and Israel. More common than I expected.

Oh this is already too long so I'll quit. Good luck out there, & be yourself no matter what.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:11 am 
Offline
Thinks chickens are assholes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 5750
Ok, so nice normalish guy I have a date with on Saturday facebooked me. He's a biker of both types, owns two motorbikes, cycles 150 - 200 miles a week, is as fit as a butcher's dog and has a tattoo on his thigh. Normalish, ok guy is making me break a sweat here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:52 am 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 2787
Location: Midlands, UK
Fezza, that doesn't sound normal to me, but in a good way!

_________________
"Wait a minute. There is a holiday for eight days of fried food and I haven't been celebrating it?! This is not right." - Rhizopus Oligosporus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:27 am 
Offline
Inflexitarian
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:17 am
Posts: 759
Location: Toronto
Things are continuing to go pretty well with the okcupid lady I've been seeing for a month and a half. I like her a lot but I don't have much time recently and dating is time consuming and maybe I'd rather be unattached right now? I'm not sure.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 245  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Kitten Cakes, lepelaar and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer