| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477, 478 ... 592  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:15 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Thank you, PPK, I am feeling a lot better after the memorial...seeing his family was very good for everyone and it was nice to tell the good stories with others who loved him. (That past tense is such a hard adjustment)

LW, lots of love to you...you have such an uphill battle. I hope you can find a way to make things happen. Lovelove

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:34 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I was chatting with someone I've just met recently, and this person asked me where I went to college, so I told them the name and city of the massage school that I graduated from (since I didn't actually go to college). Usually people are like "oh wow that's really cool!" when I tell them I went to massage school, so I was not at all prepared for this person's reaction, which was to physically recoil and go "Oh..." and move away from me. I'm still super confused about what exactly freaked him about about this -- like, does he think I just told him I'm a sex worker (I'm not, but I totally respect people who are!)? Even if I were, that's not how you'd tell someone that! Maybe he thinks he just figured out that I'm queer because I'm a "guy" (I'm not a guy but people tend to assume I am?) and guys aren't supposed to be massage therapists, and he's a homophobe or something? I have no idea! I am so confused! It was so weird and awkward and kind of made me want to barf on his shoes. I really liked this person too! I was hoping we would be friends! Ugh, people are absurd. I guess in retrospect it's kind of hilarious, but when it happened it was really upsetting and disturbing, especially since I really have no idea why it happened.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:04 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

CQ, it was this person's loss. They would be so lucky to know you. You are great!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:14 pm 
Semen Strong

I am really sorry LW, that sounds so hard. <3

And +1 yummy to what celyn said CQ!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:38 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I had a long, busy day at work (long for me, 7.5 hours) and I was on my feet and going all day, which is difficult for me. I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things, and got home to my husband cutting up a tree on a neighbour's property. I went to say hi to him and our friends who were with him and within a couple moments of my arrival he slipped and cut into his foot with the chainsaw. Cue two and a half hours at the hospital. Luckily it was only 4 stitches and no serious injuries and he just went through the immediate layer of skin. Of course, he was just upset that he ruined his expensive boots. Granted, boots for him are hard to find (size 17 feet) but he could have taken off his toes!

Now that I've been home for a couple hours my stomach is seriously off. I don't know if it's just from the stress of the night or if I ate something that set me off but my stomach is rolling. What a day.

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:28 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Holy shiitake, Moon! My brother cut into his leg with a chainsaw a couple years ago. They scare me. I'm glad your husband's wounds were relatively minor! Also:
Moon wrote:
size 17 feet

That's nuts! I thought size 13 shoes were hard to find. Dang.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:48 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

my boyfriend bought me a gift off my etsy likes list for our anniversary, i did not realize the necklace had a pearl clasp - so he is seeing if he can get a refund. i feel bad. :/ we also went to a restaurant that said they could do vegan (even had a veg section) we had 3 puzzled servers who could not help us...we left.

edit to add we went to Chipotle 'cuz we needed mexican food, they wiped down the line. i found cheese in my guac so i had to ask them to remake it. i think i got the stink eye, but that is better than barfing my guts out right?

the vegan gods are testing me today guys. :/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:59 am 
Dead by dawn

I woke up super early to go out and get my 3 hour bike workout in, but it was raining so my sleep-stupid brain decided that I should ride on the trainer today. So I went back to sleep until it was too late to ride outside due to time constraints on my day. Now it's no longer raining and isn't supposed to until late afternoon but I am stuck riding inside. Riding the trainer for that long is going to be soul-sucking.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:23 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I didn't sleep last night at all. Which means all the things today will be the worst.

April for us can just go suck it.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:54 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I can't decide if I should graduate on time or stay an extra year to grab a minor or two. I need to make a decision soon and it's freaking me out. lskjgksdjgldjs!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:45 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I'm so sorry for your loss, Fizzgig. <3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:40 am 

CQ, sounds like it's that person's problem/loss because you are super rad and whatever their hang-up is, it's probably silly.

Moon, that's terrifying! I'm glad your husband wasn't seriously injured.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:20 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I think we're going to euthanize my dog today or tomorrow.

I don't know why I'm posting this. I'm just sad, I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:31 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Acupuncture. Normally it's great, but my current dr. does multiple visits & treatments (vs. my dr. near SF who believes in less than 1 treatment per year). Most needles I don't notice, or I just feel harmonized and refreshed but maaan, there's one spot which has been getting progressively more sensitive. Today, it was so forking painful I cried out, and then cried. A lot. It felt like she'd cut my leg off. "It was so terrible" doesn't even begin to describe it. She took that needle out immediately and we agreed to leave the others in, but within 5 minutes, I was crying out in pain again cuz shiitake was wrong. 4 hours later, I still don't feel good. We talked about it afterwards, and she said she would research it a bit to see what happened since the spot is .... super common and not known at all for causing reactions like this .... but I think I need a break from it for awhile. The stuff I went for feels mostly healed, and today was just, too much. Too too too much.

(I almost cancelled the appt. today, too, because I thought it would be too much. Forking hindsight.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:28 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Update to my shitty news: my administrator signed paper work saying I'm doing a great job and she wants to rehire me next year. So that's good. Now we just need to see if numbers come up so the job actually exists (not looking good, but I guess sliver of hope is better than nothing).

Luton, that was my experience with acupuncture on my second visit.

Eats babies, I'm sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:13 pm 

eatsbabies wrote:

I'm sorry :(

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:54 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I'm so sorry, eatsbabies. :(

Lutin, ouch! A break sounds like a good idea.

Lavawitch, fingers crossed for you!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:19 am 
Ninja Master

eatsbabies wrote:

I'm sorry, that's awful! :(
xx

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:10 am 
Seagull of the PPK

lutin wrote:
Acupuncture. Normally it's great, but my current dr. does multiple visits & treatments (vs. my dr. near SF who believes in less than 1 treatment per year). Most needles I don't notice, or I just feel harmonized and refreshed but maaan, there's one spot which has been getting progressively more sensitive. Today, it was so forking painful I cried out, and then cried. A lot. It felt like she'd cut my leg off. "It was so terrible" doesn't even begin to describe it. She took that needle out immediately and we agreed to leave the others in, but within 5 minutes, I was crying out in pain again cuz shiitake was wrong. 4 hours later, I still don't feel good. We talked about it afterwards, and she said she would research it a bit to see what happened since the spot is .... super common and not known at all for causing reactions like this .... but I think I need a break from it for awhile. The stuff I went for feels mostly healed, and today was just, too much. Too too too much.

(I almost cancelled the appt. today, too, because I thought it would be too much. Forking hindsight.)

when i was recovering from my torn ligament i did acupuncture [and it was AWESOME]. there were some few spots that were uncomfortable, but there was one that was an explosion of pain. a lava flow. it hurt so much i could see the pain. i usually fell asleep during acupuncture so when it hurt like this the acupuncturist and i were both shocked. he said that one spot is a really dangerous one and people sometimes react so viscerally that he'd been kicked in the face once. i wish i could remember where it was, about midcalf maybe? top of foot?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:23 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

the worst thing was waking up today! boo!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:26 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Unfortunate confluence of events (sick baby plus spouse having a dentist appointment plus dentist running late) means that I am going to miss one of my classes today. It's not the end of the world, but it's the only class I like, today's lecture is on something complicated I don't understand just from reading the text, and oh yeah it's taught by my thesis advisor who I am trying to convince that I am a good student, something I cannot imagine is aided by me skipping class.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:51 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Did you give notice in advance that you won't be there? I'm sure it won't be held against you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:09 pm 
Dead by dawn

Minor, really, but it's my 5th anniversary at work. A big group of us came over from another lender when we were laid off en masse at the start of the downward economic spiral so we've been through a lot together and there are still 13 of us from that group. We had a big celebratory lunch planned but I didn't get to go because my douchey "boss" pitched a fit about how he's sooo busy (I do ALL of his work for him) and therefore can't have me gone for that long. The restaurant they picked sucks for me, and I really am too busy to take a long lunch (but not because of douchey "boss," who's not really busy at all, just self-important) but I wanted to go because there are a couple of people in the group who mostly work off-site and I was looking forward to seeing them. Instead, d.b. ruined my day with his temper tantrum, I had to pay for lunch because I didn't bring anything, and I don't get to see the people I miss. God, I hate him so much.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:53 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I don't know why, but I've been a snappy shitminge recently. I think I'm a little bit overtired from working 7 days a week covering staff absence. And I'm on a lower calorie diet at the moment, so I think it's maybe making me cranky. I'm going to have a chilled out night and gently, healthily, comfort eat.

So, basically, I'm the worst thing about my day.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

this is mostly stupid and small but
I was having a really great day today: I printed all my business cards, had my senior review, a bunch of people were nice to me and said nice things about my work and outfit and it was sunny and beautiful, and I finished almost everything the school expects of me before I graduate, so I called my mother to tell her I was essentially done with my bfa. She said congratulations and then started in on me about not answering her e-mails, I of course couldn't keep my mouth shut and said something snippy and useless about getting 10 a day and how it was overwhelming and the conversation devolved in to her crying and saying things like "I don't understand why you hate me" and "I'm sorry it's such a burden that I think about you during the day" and a bunch of other stuff like that, she ended the conversation by saying "I'm going to hang up before I add another thing to the shitlist you apparently have going against me."

aaannnddd I of course have been crying and feeling shitty over a conversation which really wasn't that much of a big deal, and I feel terrible for not being able to appreciate that my parent does in fact care about me, and feeling super ungrateful about everything in my life and undeserving of the praise I've been receiving lately. I also just feel dumb because what else did I expect? I know I shouldn't hope for anything different from her, but aren't you supposed to call your mom when you finish a degree? isn't that a thing people do?

god this is such a stupid thing to let ruin my day and somehow it just destroyed it.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 14791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477, 478 ... 592  Next