| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1626, 1627, 1628, 1629, 1630, 1631, 1632 ... 1900  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:59 pm 
Married to the wolfman

This morning I (accidentally) wiped my nose with a Bengal Spice tea bag instead of a tissue. So that's a thing that happened to me.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:11 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

lavawitch wrote:
What about moving somewhere new that is a little cheaper? Is it the fresh start you are after the most?

Torque, the HR compliance officer already told me that another disabled spot is not an option because the school currently has sufficient for its size. There are always 6-7 empty at the front door (not near any classroom so only visitors would ever use them). Location of the spots is not relevant under the ADA. I really don't understand the difficulty though, but it was an easier problem to solve before when we had assigned spots and they were unwilling them, so I shouldn't be surprised. I've been waiting for people to do the right thing, but I think they feel that they are doing me a favor. I don't think they consider me "disabled enough." Mostly, I'm really tired of thinking (sure you all are tired of hearing me bisque about it!) and stressing about parking. I'm starting to get super pissed off.

I'm so sorry about all the trouble you've been having over parking. It seems like it'd be a common sense, kindness type thing, but people really are crassholes.

I am looking to get a fresh start and find somewhere that is a little more economical. I'm looking at a place tonight that is at the top edge of my budget, but it's only with one other woman, and the apartment is nice and very tastefully furnished. I think there would be room for a few of my things as well. The bedroom looks like a decent size, and it seems like it'd be easy to kind of partition it into different areas (e.g. desk, bookshelves on one wall/corner; bed, dresser, nightstand on another wall/corner). I'd love to find a studio, but there isn't anything that is both in my budget and within an hour of the city. I don't absolutely need to leave my current place or find a roommate though, but it feels like it's a good point for the transition.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:12 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Good luck with your apartment search, ndp!

I just collapsed! I walked to the bathroom and my leg suddenly went numb and I just fell. I hit the sink on my way down, but fortunately didn't get hurt. I just sat on the floor for a couple minutes, waiting for the feeling in my leg to come back, and then I was fine. That was so weird.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:27 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

ashley wrote:
Good luck with your apartment search, ndp!

I just collapsed! I walked to the bathroom and my leg suddenly went numb and I just fell. I hit the sink on my way down, but fortunately didn't get hurt. I just sat on the floor for a couple minutes, waiting for the feeling in my leg to come back, and then I was fine. That was so weird.

Holy shiitake! Are you OK? Are you having any other symptoms or after effects?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:06 pm 

Thanks, I'm fine I think. It was just random!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:31 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

baps wrote:
I am starting to clean all my crepe off my work laptop, so that they can use it when I leave. I just found this and I have no idea why or when I saved this to my desktop! baahahaha

Well I'm glad you did, because now it's saved to mine. So fly.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:56 pm 
WELFARIST!

Today I had a reminder of how important my piercings are to me. While I was walking to work this morning, my septum ring fell out along the route somewhere and when I realized it, I was devastated. During lunch, my friend brought me to a body jewelry store and the guy tried to help me get it back in but couldn't find the hole, my friend and I couldn't find the hole and so I thought it may have closed up (my hole is also very far up compared to most). When I got home I've been watch videos on how to change the jewelry, wriggling my fingers around in my nose and trying to find the hole. I finally found it and managed to get a ring in it!!!! I feel SO much better but early today I was so upset. It felt like a limb had fallen off or something.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:02 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

coldandsleepy wrote:
This morning I (accidentally) wiped my nose with a Bengal Spice tea bag instead of a tissue. So that's a thing that happened to me.

That made me laugh! It sounds like something I would do.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:03 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

I would think, if I heard about a party to which I had not been invited, I would avoid asking the party host directly because it would just embarrass the both of us.

But not everyone thinks like me, I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:16 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

I though that said "it's morphine time".

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:21 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

ndpittman wrote:
I really don't know what to think. Definitely pros and cons. The ladies all seemed awesome, and the kitchen was awesome. The room was an OK size, but no living room really, and not a lot of storage space. It makes me really anxious to even think about. Staying in my current place is workable, as is maybe getting a roommate for here.

I do know the you all are awesome though! I feel really fortunate for the support!

I tried to post this before but it didn't go through. If I wasn't already living where I am until next september, I'd totally move in with you. (But then my partner may be moving to boston or I might be going somewhere next december?!??) <3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:33 pm 
WRETCHED

So my husband has had 2 coworkers move to St Louis and out of curiosity, I decided to look at the real estate. I found a beautiful historical house within walking distance to a botanical gardens for the same price we bought our town home... I have to say I'm jealous.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:04 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I am worried I am coming down with something. I have a trip to Portland on Saturday... I don't want to miss it.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:55 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

so, this is my favorite thing ever:

http://www.giantflightlessbirds.com/phrase-list/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:59 pm 
Hip Goiter

I handled my first deal closing today, like when I was in charge. What the crepe! I still don't really understand what a promissory note is but I got one successfully executed and given to the right people! weird! so tired!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:08 pm 
Semen Strong

Hurrah! Nice work RJM!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:58 pm 
Semen Strong

Its my ex's birthday, so I googled him. Googling exes is probably never a good idea.

Happy Birthday Robert. Wishing you only good things.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:07 am 

My ankle hurts like a mother hubbard, so apparently I twisted it earlier when I fell. Weird that it just started hurting, but now it's like shooting pains up my leg. Neat.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:28 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

one of my bottles of hot sauce dropped & exploded on my leg...i am down to only having 3 hot sauces in the house. :/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:31 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

pandacookie wrote:
I though that said "it's morphine time".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:34 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

kfad wrote:
I am worried I am coming down with something. I have a trip to Portland on Saturday... I don't want to miss it.

Wait you're coming up this weekend?

Therrrrrrres still tickets left for the Sunday matinee-aaaaay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:22 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Tofulish wrote:
Its my ex's birthday, so I googled him. Googling exes is probably never a good idea.

ooooooooh. not good.
i did that some time ago and found that the big ex was finally getting married, and wrote at length about the topic on his blog. bless their little hearts, although I was a bit disturbed to see that the lucky lady looks like she could have been my twin (of what I looked like when I was with him). ^shudder^

even worse, it appears he is a "rising star" in one of my translation specialty areas (urban planning) and where we live is basically the mecca of urban planning. With my luck, one day I'll be called in by a client to interpret for some Noble Foreign Visitor Who Has Come To Visit Holy Curitiba and it's going to be him. And then you all may see me on the news.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:56 am 
WRETCHED

I am lucky that I have pretty much zero chance of ever running into one of my exes. I did get an email from my ex (of 8 years?) a couple weeks ago, he wanted just to check in. He told me a mutual friend of ours had died a couple years ago, which made me sad. Well I guess the friend wasn't much mutual anymore because I had kind of lost touch to a lot of our mutual friends but anyway. Oh and that ex was pretty much looking to get married like the week after we broke up... well he was at least engaged within 6 months of us breaking up. Now he has 3 kids. Yeah, it is just interesting how our lives are different :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:06 am 
WELFARIST!

Sometimes I get really discouraged at my gallery job because I'm in a position where I feel like I can't make things happen that we need, because my boss is just sort of like 'That's the way it is!', but then I'm stuck here in the practical world having to make do with less than ideal conditions and not enough equipment. Lately, though, the dean of our college has been taking a particular interest in the gallery, asking me why we still have broken lighting tracks and why there aren't enough lights to light the shows properly, and I was like, 'I don't know who to talk in order to get these things done, but I've been trying for a year now!' (Which, admittedly, throws my boss under the bus a little, but it is the truth and I tried to make it seem more like a budget issue than a boss issue.) And he's been all TCB, calling the physical plant and shiitake and pulling his dean strings. So they just fixed the three tracks that have been dead for ages, so now I can actually light that part of the gallery properly AND they're bringing me a range of new LED lights to try out. The new lights are hella expensive, but the dean was just like, 'We'll just have to make it work!'

fork yeah, dean! And fork yeah me for actually trying to get shiitake taken care of instead of being all beaten down by the system and accepting that things have to be crappy. Hope and earnestness prevails this time!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:12 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

allularpunk wrote:
Sometimes I get really discouraged at my gallery job because I'm in a position where I feel like I can't make things happen that we need, because my boss is just sort of like 'That's the way it is!', but then I'm stuck here in the practical world having to make do with less than ideal conditions and not enough equipment. Lately, though, the dean of our college has been taking a particular interest in the gallery, asking me why we still have broken lighting tracks and why there aren't enough lights to light the shows properly, and I was like, 'I don't know who to talk in order to get these things done, but I've been trying for a year now!' (Which, admittedly, throws my boss under the bus a little, but it is the truth and I tried to make it seem more like a budget issue than a boss issue.) And he's been all TCB, calling the physical plant and shiitake and pulling his dean strings. So they just fixed the three tracks that have been dead for ages, so now I can actually light that part of the gallery properly AND they're bringing me a range of new LED lights to try out. The new lights are hella expensive, but the dean was just like, 'We'll just have to make it work!'

fork yeah, dean! And fork yeah me for actually trying to get shiitake taken care of instead of being all beaten down by the system and accepting that things have to be crappy. Hope and earnestness prevails this time!

Having supportive administration makes a HUGE difference in academia.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1626, 1627, 1628, 1629, 1630, 1631, 1632 ... 1900  Next