| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4061 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 163  Next
 Post subject: Re: PSPTYHWAEPACTYP thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:22 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

What on earth could be more appropriate for a building site than jeans, and who in their right minds would want to wear smart clothes that might get messed up?
If you have to, could you get some suitable clothes from a charity shop? I buy my work trousers there, because I resent spending money on clothes I am never going to wear outside of work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:46 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

dropscone wrote:
I meant to say, they're supposed to be smart clothes. That we can wear to a building site. Which we are unlikely to have to visit, but if we do we won't know which day we're going. Maybe this shoukd go in the annoying co-worker thread.

What are smart clothes?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:02 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Butternut wrote:
dropscone wrote:
I meant to say, they're supposed to be smart clothes. That we can wear to a building site. Which we are unlikely to have to visit, but if we do we won't know which day we're going. Maybe this shoukd go in the annoying co-worker thread.

What are smart clothes?

That is the question! It has been left annoyingly vague. We are definitely going tomorrow so I will be wearing black cotton trousers and a shirt, with my steel toecap shoes.

I'm going to see if my mum wants to go on a charity shop crawl this weekend, but I've only got another few days and then we should get uniforms. Which I hope to goodness fit!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:04 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I had a pizza fail. Now I has a sad.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:50 pm 
Impressive boner

Too much carrot cake stomach ache.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:14 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My mom sometimes brings me supper, which is really nice, but she manages to always do it when I've already eaten. Today I ate so much that I feel queasy, and she just showed up with a sandwich made with a ton of avocado that will undoubtedly be gross by tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:47 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Yesterday was the first day at my new job. I don't know how I feel about it yet. It seems really slow-paced compared to a hospital ward, which is a good thing! I hate getting up at five, but quitting at two pm? Sweet!

Eta: posted in the wrong thread! Can a mod please move it to Space to post...?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:16 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I'm working 52 hours next week (by choice!) and 31 this week. Normally I work like 10-15. Yay money! Boo no summer break before classes start again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:56 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

How am I supposed to entertain myself at work if I can't embroider because the office cat takes my thread and hides it?

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:41 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Okay it's 9:40pm on a Thursday night and the neighbors are blasting dance music outside. So, that could stop ANY TIME PLEASE.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:28 am 
Nooch of Earl

Sooo… nothing like having your mother-in-law stay with you for five weeks (we're halfway in) to realize where all his most annoying little habits come from.

Also, she's left the water faucet open twice now when the water's gone off (we had a two day planned municipal water outage because of maintenance).. the first time, OK, it was an accident. My husband discovered half an inch of water on our kitchen/dining room floor when he came down to feed the cat, and had to move all the furniture and everything out of our lower cabinets to clean it up.. but then she did it AGAIN later on the top floor guest bath (luckily this time my husband heard water running and shut it off before we had water dripping down from there, *shudder*).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:01 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

My friend and I want to go see Hedwig on Broadway but all the performances with NPH are forking sold out! :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:30 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I thought I was eligible for a free upgrade to my iPhone, so I went to the Apple store to get it. The Apple store is in the mall, which is easily in my top 5 least favorite places to go, ever. Last time I went to try to do this a few weeks ago, I wasn't able to get it because I didn't have the right account info, so already this is now my second trip to the den of horrors mall to get this damn thing. So I get to the mall, find a parking spot, go in, and realize that I went into the wrong mall building and have to go drive across the street and park again to get to the other building. Then the person in the shiny blue shirt presss a bunch of buttons and the screen comes up saying that I'm not actually eligible for a free upgrade until June 18, so I can either pay $250 today or come back in two days. Yeahhhhh, so...I guess I'm coming back in two days. Let's see if I can talk myself into going to the mall again, though. *shudder*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:03 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

The weather forecast said it wouldn't rain today, but it did rain and now my washing is wet again on the line.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Imogen wrote:
The weather forecast said it wouldn't rain today, but it did rain and now my washing is wet again on the line.

I just found out there's a tornado warning for my area (very not typical). Good thing my laundry is out also

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:06 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I finally have enough savings that I feel ok ordering a vitamix, and when I went to the site to order they were out of both of the colors I'd have been ok with.

I was so ready to stop planning ahead for cashew sauces >: (

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:45 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I like my job and all but I am so fiercely dreading going in to work today, for no particular reason. Just the idea of checking my work email and answering the phone sends me into a mental tantrum.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:12 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

The summer research students have descended and have been installed in my office. I am going to have to move my desk to accommodate the one that they haven't found yet. Is this how my officemate felt when we showed up last summer?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:11 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Made a dozen orange rhubarb muffins. Hubby came home and ate 8. I scrambled to freeze the last four so I can have them for quickie breakfasts, which was the whole idea, but I had hoped for more.

8 muffins! And two huge servings at dinner! And he had dessert after too! The beast.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:59 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I could really go for 8 orange rhubarb muffins right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:24 am 
Nooch of Earl

Oh man, i'm totally the wolf down 8 muffins person in the relationship. Luckily I'm also the baker so I get away with it!!

I have to force MYSELF to freeze them right away. I put aside one for each person and there rest go straight in the freezer, or else they're just gone.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:35 pm 
And you never will.

I'm tired, but I have to bake a 128-serving cake tonight. The wedding is tomorrow evening, but I had to put it off because if I bake in my house during the day then it gets unbearably hot. It was 100 degrees outside today, and it's only going to get worse, which means no more baking during daytime hours for the next three months. So no more sleep for the next three months, basically. Waaaah.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:49 am 
Nooch of Earl

:/ I hope you made it PB! I hope you're able to find some time for resting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:08 am 
And you never will.

Thank you! The last cake is in the oven now, it should be out by 2:30am. That's better than I expected to do! Now I just have to wait for them all to cool so I can ice them before I can sleep (otherwise they will dry out if I just leave them for a few hours). I can decorate tomorrow. I'm guessing I'll get about 3 hours of sleep, so considering I wasn't expecting to get any sleep tonight, I will gladly take it!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:05 am 
ugh

The end of the labret in my lip fell off sometime this morning, but I don't know when so I don't know where to look for it. It looked like a clock key so I'm disappointed to lose it, but even more so that I'm not home so I'll have to hunt down some crappy replacement during my work lunch break.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4061 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 163  Next