| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 165  Next
 Post subject: Re: First World Problems
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:23 pm 
WRETCHED

Well if it makes you feel better Tofulish, when I was home visiting and wearing a flowing dress, my aunt grabbed my stomach and asked if I was pregnant yet. I've always been overweight but no one ever has said anything to me thinking I'm pregnant.

And even though I didn't like Borders very much, we mostly have Borders around here and the library funding is cut so much that there really isn't any good place for evening studying. Even my local community college closes the library early and it is closed completely on Sunday.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:29 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Tofulish wrote:
For some reason, people think they can just say anything to you if you're pregnant. I'm getting so tired of people assuming I'm further along than I am or that I am having multiples. A friend called the other day and said "So I guess you had the baby?" He saw me in June - when I was only 22 weeks. And then in the store today, two ladies at the grocery asked when I was due, and when I said November, did a whole disbelief routine - Oh wow I would have thought next month, I guess he's going to be a big one, Oh I know are you having twins?

Seriously, if you want to ask my due date and I tell you, the right response is Oh wow, congratulations!

I'm 4'11. I'm going to get bigger because there is nowhere else for this baby to go but out.

Seriously, you start growing something cool in your uterus and suddenly everybody's got some unsolicited comment on it. Last time around, I had a run in with a lady who argued that I must be wrong about my dates because she wasn't as big at term as I was at 7 months. Thanks lady.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:35 pm 
Semen Strong

Linanil, that is just horrible and beyond rude. Seriously, who does that? You look supercute and not pregnant at all.

Thanks C&S! Dear peanut gallery STFU.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:40 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

coldandsleepy wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
For some reason, people think they can just say anything to you if you're pregnant. I'm getting so tired of people assuming I'm further along than I am or that I am having multiples. A friend called the other day and said "So I guess you had the baby?" He saw me in June - when I was only 22 weeks. And then in the store today, two ladies at the grocery asked when I was due, and when I said November, did a whole disbelief routine - Oh wow I would have thought next month, I guess he's going to be a big one, Oh I know are you having twins?

Seriously, if you want to ask my due date and I tell you, the right response is Oh wow, congratulations!

I'm 4'11. I'm going to get bigger because there is nowhere else for this baby to go but out.

Seriously, you start growing something cool in your uterus and suddenly everybody's got some unsolicited comment on it. Last time around, I had a run in with a lady who argued that I must be wrong about my dates because she wasn't as big at term as I was at 7 months. Thanks lady.

So true. I've had a random person I don't know say I looked like I was about to pop at 25 weeks (one of my most hated pregnancy-related expressions no matter how far along I am) and some coworkers recently say I don't look big enough to be 28 weeks. Go figure. I'm no fan of unsolicited remarks like this, but I count myself lucky that no strangers have been rude enough to touch my belly yet. I'm generally pretty easygoing, but that is the kind of thing that would set me off and probably get me arrested.

And linanil, I can't imagine someone being so rude.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:33 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I have to drive 1800 miles (in my well-running, paid-for car!) with 4 (healthy, reasonably happy (until the drive)!) cats. I am tired just thinking about it. I am considering getting them bandanas to tie on little sticks and having them hitchhike.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:39 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

they were out of hazelnut syrup at the store today

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:39 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Invictus wrote:
I have to drive 1800 miles (in my well-running, paid-for car!) with 4 (healthy, reasonably happy (until the drive)!) cats. I am tired just thinking about it. I am considering getting them bandanas to tie on little sticks and having them hitchhike.

You should teach them to drive!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:44 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

choirqueer wrote:
Invictus wrote:

You should teach them to drive!

That might be safer than hitchhiking, but they lack a team attitude so I don't see them coordinating the gas pedal and the steering wheel. It would be awesome, though. Then I could just sleep on the drive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:46 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Tofulish wrote:

Tofulish I was huge too (I'm 5 foot) and people kept saying "you must be having twins!" "any day now huh!?" yadda yadda suck it

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:20 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I think people are just fascinated by pregnant ladies and the miracle of birth and all that. I don't think most people mean to be crassholes. It's a weird thing though, it's as if pregnancy creates some kind of acceptable bridge between the private and public. That was a major dick move, though, linanil. Man!

My first world problem: my cats always want to sit on my laptop when I'm trying to use it. I have to hide my computer use from the cats.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:25 pm 
Hip Goiter

vijita wrote:
3rd: I fell through a trampoline and I can't chop garlic.

This is such an amazing sentence. It seems like just two completely unconnected thoughts about yourself but I’m assuming the latter was caused by the former. So funny. as a sentence! Not in reality. It's terrible; hope you’re ok.

Tofulish wrote:
For some reason, people act like crassholes
I'm 4'11. I'm going to get bigger because there is nowhere else for this baby to go but out

Seriously that is a true fact! You are tiny! Where else is fetus going to grow, your ears???
Ughh I’m so sorry that people are being such dicks to you. What happened to the good old days when someone would be ‘in the family way’ and it was something that just wasn’t discussed in polite society? Why do people think it’s ok to say things like that to you? I think for the next few months I need to be your bodyguard. Because whenever people say unwarranted things like that to you, I will calmly explain to them that they are nosy bisques who should be ashamed that they were apparently behind the door when god passed out the manners and stop judging others. And then you can calmly explain to all the strangers who comment on my ‘pregnancy’ when the forking wind blows my dress against my belly that you are going to kick them in the privates when you finish this sentence.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:15 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I wanted to share my dissatisfaction with my flight's entertainment system (or lack thereof), but my Blackberry crashed and I lost my post!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:06 am 
WELFARIST!

I was watching "The Next Food Network Star" earlier and right at the point of elimination, the end of a "Chopped" episode came on, as if some projectionist at the helm put the wrong reel in to end the wrong show (reels--projectionist--what does she speak of now, the silent era?). Now I have NO IDEA who's not going to be the Next Food Network Star. Is so-ands-so gone now? What's her face? That flower woman? I MAY NEVER KNOW now thanks to your blunder, Food Network.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:14 am 
Nailed to the V

I'm tired of studying for the bar exam! Becoming a lawyer in California is hard!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:19 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Can it stop raining now plez? kthxbye

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:50 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

My $2 Rolling Stone subscription just sent me an issue I've already read. And I got 2 issues of Smithsonian on the same day and can't decide which articles to read first. Not to mention the 3 issues of Backpacker I haven't finished yet. And this isn't counting the Mother Jones, Popular Mechanics, and Discovery subscriptions that got backed up because of a change of address. (if you have Recyclebank, you can use 100 points to get up to 4 magazine subscriptions for $2 ea, btw)

I have more periodicals than I can handle.

Woe.

"God said, kill and eat!" ~ my grandmother

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:55 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I've been sitting bored and unoccupied in a cushy office all day because my supervisor doesn't have time for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:24 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I have chocolate that I'm [theoretically] bringing to class later to eat during the break, but I want to eat it now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:06 am 
Hip Goiter

I have so much in my pantry (like a bomb shelter's worth of dried beans and grains...and speculoos) and I am moving in a week. Guess I'm bringing a box of food instead of emptying my pantry.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:31 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

lilyyw wrote:
I have chocolate that I'm [theoretically] bringing to class later to eat during the break, but I want to eat it now.

Eat half now and half at your break!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:34 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

RandiJM wrote:
I have so much in my pantry (like a bomb shelter's worth of dried beans and grains...and speculoos) and I am moving in a week. Guess I'm bringing a box of food instead of emptying my pantry.

Do you need help? I have an abundance of free time and I'd be happy to come help you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:19 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

I have a massive spot on the side of my nose.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:28 am 
Married to the wolfman

I made the conscious decision to stay up late to watch another episode of Dexter, which would have cut my sleep for the night down to 6 hours... then I woke up around 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep, so I actually only slept about 5. In my warm comfortable bed, in my safe and spacious and well-maintained house.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:36 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

fisticuffs wrote:
Can it stop raining now plez? kthxbye

My strongest memory from 6 months in Belgium is that of rain. Rain, rain, rain all the time. It was sunny for a month and the papers were all "What is happening! This is so wrong!"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:08 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I got a bad spot in my yoga class yesterday! I was nearly touching the mirror, and I hate seeing the faces I make during practice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 165  Next