| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 165  Next
 Post subject: Re: First World Problems
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:30 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I ordered a Prabal Gurung cardigan from the Target collaboration and it's gi-forking-normous. I waffled on and on between medium and large, let my mom talk me into a large. Not that aim blaming her--I have awful luck with Target and clothes. I either get home and find out that the thing was made for wee people who are built like a toothpick, or they are sized way, way up.

Bah. It's only $30, but I can't afford to reorder now because I forgot that I have a big copay for my fun hospital outpatient medical procedure next week. Plus, nail polish. Western Light needs to be mine on payday.

I like it though: black with a white flower print. Something different at least, which is why I ordered it. See, this is why I end up with a closet full of Ralph Lauren. I can go in the outlet, grab what I like and leave in 15 minutes, and have usable clothes that fit with no fuss. And they last for years, so I don't ever have to shop unless I have a specific need.

Should I reorder? I guess I can if I don't sit on the return like I usually do. I can get cash back tomorrow on my way home from work.

I'd wear it with black jeans and black long sleeve scoop neck. http://www.target.com/p/prabal-gurung-f ... u=14305523

Its very thin, so it's a good summer weight too. I could wear it over my black knit spaghetti strap dress.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Lavawitch, I say totally reorder. That's too cute.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:13 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

LW, can you exchange it?

My FWP is that I can't buy a condo. I am squirreling away several hundred dollars every month (which means some SERIOUS frugality on my low salary) in the dreams of ever getting a down payment pulled together, and I qualify for all kinds of things like first time home buyer mortgage support and what have you, but there is just no way that my salary is ever going to be able to shoulder a mortgage. I've found one or two places where I could handle the mortgage, but the HOA fees would ruin me. I qualify for below market rate units, because I'm a broke teacher, but those are in such high demand in this city that they pretty much sell the day they list and receive dozens of offers in that time period.

I'm just really demoralized. I want to stay in my district, but we're the lowest paid district in the state. If I worked in the same city I live in, I'd make over $10,000 more each year. That's not negligible! It's just so depressing to see my friends succeeding and doing things like buying property and going on vacations and starting to own nice clothes instead of the cheapest they can find and replacing them when they become completely unwearable... I want these things. I have been one of the most fiscally responsible people I've ever met for my entire life, with only one small lapse, and it ended up working out fine. But I will never have what I want, which is a home to call my own. I can scrimp and penny pinch and save all I want, but I am never going to have it, and that just makes me feel so helpless and worthless.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:20 am 
WRETCHED

DarthCupcake wrote:
I'm just really demoralized. I want to stay in my district, but we're the lowest paid district in the state. If I worked in the same city I live in, I'd make over $10,000 more each year. That's not negligible! It's just so depressing to see my friends succeeding and doing things like buying property and going on vacations and starting to own nice clothes instead of the cheapest they can find and replacing them when they become completely unwearable... I want these things. I have been one of the most fiscally responsible people I've ever met for my entire life, with only one small lapse, and it ended up working out fine. But I will never have what I want, which is a home to call my own. I can scrimp and penny pinch and save all I want, but I am never going to have it, and that just makes me feel so helpless and worthless.

That was probably the #1 reason I left San Diego, although prices have dropped a little, but I knew I couldn't buy a place but I also didn't want a condo (duplex, townhome, similar). I think it is really hard if you don't have a double income in certain parts of California.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:21 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

That is really cute, LW; I'd exchange it for the smaller size.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:00 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Even though my internet obligations are over for the day/night/possibly even weekend, I can't stop reloading gmail. I want to do something else. Like, chill-the-fuck-out. Read a book. Do yoga! Do mindfulness stuff. And yet, gmail. Which continues to have no new messages, even though I've been reloading it like a pro for the past hour.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:21 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm roasting chickpeas, and I like them extra crunchy, so I'm roasting them for a long time. I'm really impatient and want to eat them now, but I know they'd just be soggy and sad-tasting.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:40 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

I just cooked up some chickpeas, and was considering roasting some. I think that you have convinced me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:55 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I need to go have a shower but I'd rather remain sitting, watching tv, and drinking wine.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:26 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lobsteriffic wrote:
drinking wine.

Jealous.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:37 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

My soymilk keeps separating from my coffee and EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:31 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

DarthCupcake wrote:

Nooooo! Gross coffee makes me so sad!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:41 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

So far my doctor is running 50 minutes behind schedule. I'm SO bored. I wish I'd remembered to bring a book...and food.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:34 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I went running, and the super meticulous hair blow-out that the salon assistant did yesterday that made my hair awesome and full of body is now all flat.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:43 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Could my rice cooker's brown rice cycle take *any* longer?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:35 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

jojo wrote:
So far my doctor is running 50 minutes behind schedule. I'm SO bored. I wish I'd remembered to bring a book...and food.

arugh. One of my doctors is always running at least an hour behind schedule and it is the most frustrating thing. And even then once the appt. starts, I wait for a good 20 minutes for the doctor to show up after the nurse has started. I have to make sure that I have at least 2 hours free for what is supposed to be a 15 minute appt. Once I waited for like 55 minutes and had to leave before they even saw me, as I had to go back to work, and the receptionist got all cranky with me. Still, they always find an appt for me on short notice, and it's always a good reminder that I am lucky to live in a country with well-trained doctors and nurses, the necessary supplies and equipment, and that I have the means to afford necessary healthcare.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:00 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

annak wrote:
Could my rice cooker's brown rice cycle take *any* longer?

Haha! I feel the same way about mine!

My FWP today is that the Better than Ezra Pandora station I made keeps playing songs by bands I want to hear, but off of their later albums (after they started sucking, because let's face it, in the 90s and early 00s, bands usually just got one good album before they should have stopped). I just want to hear songs off their first albums! Thus, a lot of thumbs downing and thumbs upping in order to customize. I also had to add Dishwalla to the station because it wasn't playing them along with the rest of the stuff. Duh! Dishwalla and Better than Ezra totally go together, Pandora!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:01 am 
Married to the wolfman

DarthCupcake wrote:

Ha ha ha ha.... Sorry DC, I feel the same way about this situation

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:25 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I just made and ate the best pasta for lunch and now I'm really sad that I can't have more.

I mean, I can, but I kind of want to eat it another day too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:09 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

My fingernails are too strong and grow too fast, which means I have to cut them all the time and I hate it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:56 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Dave the Cat wrote:
My fingernails are too strong and grow too fast, which means I have to cut them all the time and I hate it.

I started taking supplements for my nails, but this means that my hair will grow faster, which means I have to go get my highlights touched up more often and my checkbook will hate that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:58 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Dave the Cat wrote:

Can we trade? I can't stop biting my nails and they're really weak so every time I try to stop they break and look ugly anyway so I give up.

(Fingernail trading: possibly the weirdest thing I have ever casually suggested, but whatever.)

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:03 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

All of my plates were in the dishwasher when my dinner was ready, so I had an awkward not-meant-for-a-bowl meal.

After I finished eating, I remembered that I have a pack of paper plates in the cabinet from when I moved last year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

kilgore trout wrote:
Dave the Cat wrote:

Can we trade? I can't stop biting my nails and they're really weak so every time I try to stop they break and look ugly anyway so I give up.

(Fingernail trading: possibly the weirdest thing I have ever casually suggested, but whatever.)

Kilgore, we are total nail twins! If mine get even a little long they peel, bend and catch on everything and rip off and OMG OW. So I bite the hell out of them. I've always wanted lovely strong nails.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:48 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I was feeling nostalgic and wanted to hear Interstate Love Song this morning so dragged out the ol' STP CD only to realize that the song listings aren't on the back of the CD or the backflap of the insert (so that you could just open the CD and boom, its there). I actually had to, in traffic driving stick, take out the insert and flip inside to find it. Can you imagine the nerve. (Its song 4 BTW.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 165  Next