| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 173  Next
 Post subject: Re: First World Problems
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:06 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Fee wrote:
When I stopped at the gas station this morning they were like out of all change except nickles so I had to get a ton of nickles. I hate nickles. I sometimes just put them in the regular compartment of my purse so I won't reach into the change compartment and accidentally grab them. fork nickles, man.

It could be worse ... you are not afflicted with 5p (pence) coins ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... _coins.jpg

SMALLER than a nickle! SMALLER than a penny!

I once worked at a bank and DROPPED a bag of them ...

Post subject: Re: PSPTYHWAEPACTYP thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:36 am 
Not NOT A Furry

kilgore trout wrote:
I dyed my hair yesterday and today I went swimming because it was 100 degrees out. It's almost completely faded :( :(
It's been to sunny here my colour totally faed out. I usually wear a very unattractive swimming cap to protect it when I swim.

DrakeRedcrest wrote:
I put off going to bed for as long as possible because I feel like my night time routine (take out contacts, brush hair, wash face, brush teeth (in particular this one!)) takes so much work.
Me too. I'm always ready to fall asleep on the sofa but by the time I've done everything to get ready for bed I'm wide awake - and I don't even do as much as you!

choirqueer wrote:
I would not be offended personally if a mod decided to change the title at this point, especially since this conversation has occurred multiple times in the thread and it's obvious what the original title was. I don't feel entirely right about "changing the past", as it were, but if the title is causing hurt to people, that's definitely not what I want to be doing. I'm okay with it going either way.

I think the solution would be a new thread with a new title if threads here ever get closed? (I suppose I'm used to that from other forums I've been on but have never noticed it here.)

I hope the new thread title is a temporary joke!

Last edited by rentaghost on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:37 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

My first contribution to the newly-titled thread: I woke up this morning and this is the first thing I see on the PPK. I was utterly confused for several moments (When did I make this thread?? What could it mean? What the fork?) and then I remembered.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:04 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Well now I'm going to have trouble remembering what this thread is. #PSPTYHWAEPACTYP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:49 am 
WELFARIST!

Yeah, I just had to go back 3 pages to understand what happened. That's what I get for not keeping up with things!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:58 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

choirqueer wrote:
My first contribution to the newly-titled thread: I woke up this morning and this is the first thing I see on the PPK. I was utterly confused for several moments (When did I make this thread?? What could it mean? What the fork?) and then I remembered.

My thought was "dang, that CQ knows how to party!" because I thought you made the thread yesterday and it got more than 100 pages in less than a day.

And then I realized.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:05 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

My phone's battery will only keep it alive for a few hours at a time now and I don't get an upgrade until December. Uggggh.

Should I just buy a new battery? My phone is so glitchy now, I just wish I could get my upgrade now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:32 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'm eating the nutritious lunch I brought to work with me instead of going to a food truck and getting pan-Asian or tacos. THERE'S A VEGGIE TACO TRUCK! But I'm being like, responsible er something. Don't worry guys, I'll one day get Korean BBQ tofu bowl or Seitanthony’s Feast tacos and tell you all about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:47 pm 
Chip Strong

ndpittman wrote:
Seitanthony’s Feast

This is the greatest name ever.

I talked with my academic counselor and he said I should be able to get a hardship withdrawal for ochem no problem with all the mental health stuff that went on this year. Pros: I will no longer have those terrible grades on my transcript. Cons:I have to take ochem again. FML

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:21 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Stayed an hour and half late at work today (after arriving an hour early this morning) only to find that the temp (who lasted 10 days) had set up tenancy agreements for 290 students with the WRONG dates on them ... this despite, her having copied the CORRECT dates on her notepad (which she left) ... argh! for a few minutes then sighing heaving as I explained it to someone to fix.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:55 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

ndpittman wrote:
Well now I'm going to have trouble remembering what this thread is. #PSPTYHWAEPACTYP

And that is the very definition of the thread!

Bonus: It rolls right off the tongue.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:58 pm 
Impressive boner

I ate too much yummy Chinese food and have a slight stomach ache.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:10 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

strawberryrock wrote:
My phone's battery will only keep it alive for a few hours at a time now and I don't get an upgrade until December. Uggggh.

Should I just buy a new battery? My phone is so glitchy now, I just wish I could get my upgrade now.

Just make sure you don't forget that your phone is in your coat pocket....then decide it's a good idea to do laundry, and hey, I haven't washed my coat in a while, so I'll throw that in the wash, too....look at how productive I am today!!........don't do this before you're due for an upgrade.....verrrrry expensive load of laundry.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:45 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

DrakeRedcrest wrote:
My thought was "dang, that CQ knows how to party!"

OHHHH I want to take this out of context and frame it on my wall. #thingsnobodyhaseversaidaboutmebefore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:52 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Simply_Love wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
Seitanthony’s Feast

I talked with my academic counselor and he said I should be able to get a hardship withdrawal for ochem no problem with all the mental health stuff that went on this year. Pros: I will no longer have those terrible grades on my transcript. Cons:I have to take ochem again. FML

Do you get any financial assistance of any kind? If so, check to see if it will be revoked. This happened to me, and now I cannot get transcripts until I come up with a lot of cash.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:37 pm 
Chip Strong

lavawitch wrote:
Simply_Love wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
Seitanthony’s Feast

Do you get any financial assistance of any kind? If so, check to see if it will be revoked. This happened to me, and now I cannot get transcripts until I come up with a lot of cash.

I don't, but even without those classes I would have been considered full time both quarters, so it probably would have been okay? I'm sorry that happened to you though :( That's really crappy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:08 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I love the new thread title!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:30 pm 
Hip Goiter

Sums it UP!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:06 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I broke my phone the other day and filed an insurance claim and paid $150 for a replacement phone.. Then my phone started working again but the $150 is nonrefundable.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:54 am 
Discovered unobtainium

What kind of phone is it? Can you unlock it and sell it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:04 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I have to return the old one within ten days or they bill me full retail price. I just have to suck up the $150 loss.

New annoyance : I just took the bus from Albany to NYC and the woman across the aisle kept smoking. So rude! My seatmate politely asked her to put it out and she just told him to fork off.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:10 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

blondiefk wrote:
I have to return the old one within ten days or they bill me full retail price. I just have to suck up the $150 loss.

New annoyance : I just took the bus from Albany to NYC and the woman across the aisle kept smoking. So rude! My seatmate politely asked her to put it out and she just told him to fork off.

What? Isn't that totally illegal? Why didn't the bus driver intervene?

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:12 am 
Discovered unobtainium

That doesn't make sense. You should be able to put your sim card back in the old phone. But anyway, if you are stuck paying the $150, why can't you just pretend the old one is still not working and just keep the new one? You could send the old one in to a recycling/parts place.

(I don't know why I'm expecting a cell phone companies policies to make sense...)

When I got my new phone, they tried to get me to add my ipad to my phone bill. This would involve giving up my unlimited data, sharing 3gb between me, my mom, and my ipad, AND paying an extra $32/month for the privilege. They thought I was stupid or something and couldn't do the math myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:14 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Now we need a new thread for ideas about what this crazy acronym actually stands for. When we get bored with the duller movie thread that could be our new excitement around here.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:22 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm wide awake and decided to go into my office room to work on the computer. I wish Molly were here, but she is sleeping. It would be mean to bring her down here, right? Even if I have the lights dim and she could sleep on my shoulder?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 173  Next