| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 173  Next
 Post subject: Re: PSPTYHWAEPACTYP thread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:36 am 
Huffs Nooch

Mars wrote:
you could just eat and then not brush your teeth after. That's what I do.

That is terrible advice, Mars:) That's what I do too, though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:54 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I just ate nearly a whole package of Biona Organic Corn Cakes ... no salt ...

I was sitting reading the papers on-line, fell into a depressed trance, kept crunching them down now I feel slightly queasy ...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:19 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Shamini wrote:
Mars wrote:

I ended up just going to bed early. Then I woke up really early, starving. Dumb.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:11 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Shamini wrote:
Mars wrote:

Shhh, you aren't supposed to admit to this or tell other people to do it.

lavawitch wrote:
I would call them!

They left a flyer saying the water was safe a couple hours after I posted complaining about it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:01 pm 
Nooch of Earl

caterpillar wrote:
annak wrote:
I discovered (while making things for a potluck no less) that my food processor lid is broken in a way that makes it impossible to use because of the safety locking.

This happened to my blender so I just shoved bits of cardboard into the little slot until the safety switch was always on.

...This, err, might not be the best idea, but it worked.

Ooh, smart. I'll try the blender first and if that doesn't work out, I may, uh, have to resort to this. (shhh!!) I mean, how am I supposed to go without a food processor for two weeks? They're not making any sense.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:04 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I'm knitting a sweater and really want to finish it, but I won't in the time before I leave for vacation so I need to find a hat pattern and supplies to take with me instead :''''(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:48 pm 

The power went out today right while I was in the middle of doing lots of cooking for a pot luck tomorrow! I have a gas stove, and I don't object to chopping by candle light, but I was using recipes off the internet and needed to use my blender. Fortunately it came back on in about an hour and I was able to finish. We had jasmine tea by candle light and listened to an opera on a battery operated radio while the power was out, so it wasn't bad, but I'm spoiled from having running safe drinking water and electricity all the time, so the water yesterday and then the power today was a bit much.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:51 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Ooh. Which opera?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:05 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I ate way too much pasta for dinner. I knew it was too much.

I volunteered to be a Nielson family for the week and now watching TV involves way too much work of recording everything that comes on... even if no one is in the room and it's just the TV watching itself. The first couple of days we just watched less TV because writing it down is annoying.

I just had to do some leftover paperwork at home, but at least it's for my (finally) decently paying dream job that I finally achieved after 4 years of grad school.

I spent $15 today at Whole Foods on 3 items. I really restrained myself.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:26 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I don't have the right size dish for marinating tofu...they are all too shallow or too deep.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:28 pm 

lavawitch wrote:
Ooh. Which opera?

I am ashamed to say I don't know. We just caught the middle. I didn't even register what language it was in. I was very distracted trying to figure out how I was going to improvise finishing cooking if the power didn't come back on. If I had to guess, I'd say it was Italian, late romantic. How did you get into opera lavawitch? Is it something you have always enjoyed?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:55 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Yeah, pretty much. My mom always liked some, so I heard lots of Pavarotti growing up. I'm much more into it than she ever was.

I mostly listen to Italian (bel canto is my favorite) and Russian, but some French (mostly because Callas' Carmen is what really tipped me over the edge into loving opera, and I love the French version of my favorite Donizetti, Lucie de Lamermoor as much as the Italian).

I'm overly opinionated about opera!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:46 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Today was full of stupid forking annoying things.

This afternoon I blew a fuse or something while using my Vitamix. I know the thing has a hefty motor, but it's still just a forking blender. Come on. It killed all of the outlets in my kitchen and living room, so I lost power to my fridge. Called property management and just got their voicemail. I know they won't check messages until Monday. Their "emergency" number is for a forking PAGER, IN 2013, so I tried to leave my phone number on that but I'm pretty sure I did it wrong. Never heard back. (a pager?!!)

So, I packed up all of my perishable food and drove it 15 miles to my mom's house, and then had to drive another 25 miles to a party for a coworker I REALLY did not want to attend. I don't like those people when they're sober, and I really super don't like them when they're drunk. Especially my boss, who would not leave me alone.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:05 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I never find grit in quinoa when I'm sifting through it, just when I'm on my third bite (and thus lulled into a false sense of security). Curse you for making my food nutritious yet unpleasantly crunchy, quinoa!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:41 pm 
Nooch of Earl

That Califia Nog has kind of a funky aftertaste. But it's the only one that has any calcium.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:39 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Fred Meyer stopped carrying Tom's of Maine Sensitive Toothpaste and New Seasons only has the fluoride-free kind. I think I'm going to have to buy toothpaste online? Who does that??

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:04 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

strawberryrock wrote:
Fred Meyer stopped carrying Tom's of Maine Sensitive Toothpaste and New Seasons only has the fluoride-free kind. I think I'm going to have to buy toothpaste online? Who does that??

I do, as I also want the fluoride version of said toothpaste.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:05 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Tzippy wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:

I do, as I also want the fluoride version of said toothpaste.

Now I feel less alone anyway! Though I did some googling and apparently Vitamin Shoppe carries it, and there is one not far from where I work, but ordering online seems easier than getting downtown early enough to buy it before work...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:56 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I drank too much almond milk and now my stomach kind of hurts (or maybe it's that evil scary carrageenan that's making my stomach hurt. . . I jest).

annak wrote:
That Califia Nog has kind of a funky aftertaste. But it's the only one that has any calcium.

Aaaaand now I wish that I'd had nog to drink instead of plain almond milk.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:02 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I splurged on Silk pumpkin spice. . .milk. . . and I can't find any use for it. What was I thinking? I see zero appeal in drinking pumpkin spice flavored milk. I like pumpkin spice lattes!

I tried adding it to my coffee like creamer, but it's just not thick enough to work for that. Ugh.
I tried heating a cup of it and adding instant coffee, and of course it's now. . . instant-coffee-y. Little granules everywhere and it tastes off. Oh, pumpkin spice milk. I WANTED to love you!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:20 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

could you make a batch of coffee super strong so you could use less of it? More like espresso?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:48 am 

Yes, what Mars said. Also, if you eat cold cereal, try pouring it on that. Or use it to make oatmeal. If you drink, try spiking it with rum or brandy. Cook rice in it to make pumpkin spice rice pudding. Mix it with some chick pea flour and make pumpkin spice french toast. Use it to replace the liquid in waffles, pancakes, or even a cake recipe. Cube up some dried out bread and use it to make bread pudding. Set it with agar for a creamy pumpkin jelled dessert. Add it to smoothies.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:51 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

@Mars - that was kind of what I was going for with the instant coffee, haha. Big fail. :/ As for making real fauxspresso, I only drink my coffee at work, and I can't really hog the coffee maker.
@RO - Those are all great ideas! The oatmeal and french toast sound extra amazing!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 am 
Nooch of Earl

What kind of instant coffee are you using? I've had good luck with starbucks Vias and have found a lot of applications for them.. They're expensive (esp the fancy flavored ones), but the plain ones at Costco aren't too bad..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:42 am 

@oddspongeout: I just used some So Delicious pumpkin spice with pancake mix (added 1/4 c pumpkin and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, too). Pumpkin all of the things!

(I just like drinking to too though!)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 173  Next