| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3843 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 154  Next
 Post subject: Re: PSPTYHWAEPACTYP thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:51 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I discovered soy yoghurt here in Japan but they all have gelatin!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:33 am 
Nooch of Earl

ScooterDiva wrote:
annak wrote:
Why can't they just rebroadcast KEXP?

KEXP has a live stream podcast app, FYI.

I listen to the live stream on my computer but I don't think it would be practical to do while in my car, which is mostly when I have time to listen to the radio these days. But really that's exactly what I want - KEXP in my car. It was one of the nicest things about missing my flight and being stuck in Seattle for a day a few months ago! Listening to KEXP while driving up to Mighty-O.. Sigh.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:26 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'm working from the office today so I can't have a lovely post-lunch hot chocolate (without going out to buy it). I miss my stove. I've been making hot chocolates daily with a mug of almond milk, two tablespoons of chocolate chips, a glug of vanilla, and between a teaspoon and a scant tablespoon of sugar. It is delightful, and I have to wait until TONIGHT to have one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:32 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

it's my partner's birthday, and i don't have the ingredients to make a vegan cake. (i mean, we have nothing that can be used as milk or egg substitutes; no almond, soy, or rice milk, no bananas, no applesauce, no flaxseeds, etc) i made him (non-vegan; he isn't vegan) pancakes for breakfast, but i want to be able to share something chocolately and delicious with him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:35 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Cold water + pretty much any kind of nuts you can imagine except human ones ;) + blender + strainer == instant vegan milk.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:01 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

ndpittman wrote:
I'm working from the office today so I can't have a lovely post-lunch hot chocolate (without going out to buy it). I miss my stove. I've been making hot chocolates daily with a mug of almond milk, two tablespoons of chocolate chips, a glug of vanilla, and between a teaspoon and a scant tablespoon of sugar. It is delightful, and I have to wait until TONIGHT to have one.

If you have a microwave, Starbucks, Godiva, Ghiradelli, and Aahlaska cocoas are all great for instant and are not too sweet. I think they all have a few nonvegan flavors, but at least one is vegan. Costco sometimes sells massive jars of the SB for $9. Barnes and Noble might have the Godiva and it's probably 25% off this time of year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:01 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

biorobotics wrote:
it's my partner's birthday, and i don't have the ingredients to make a vegan cake. (i mean, we have nothing that can be used as milk or egg substitutes; no almond, soy, or rice milk, no bananas, no applesauce, no flaxseeds, etc) i made him (non-vegan; he isn't vegan) pancakes for breakfast, but i want to be able to share something chocolately and delicious with him.

Do you have ingredients for wacky cake?

http://southernfood.about.com/od/chocol ... 01018c.htm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:52 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

now my problem is that we went out for dinner, and he ordered a dessert (not one i was particularly interested in), because he didn't realize i wanted to bake him a cake. this has plagued me all evening; i ended up baking a cake (thank you for the wacky cake recipe!) at around 10:30pm, now it's nearly midnight, and he will be up for awhile finishing a paper, i've vowed to stay up all night with him, so i kind of want to devour the entire cake, which i will most likely end up doing because he probably won't like it because i kind of suck.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:57 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I had ten minutes left in my show when my roommate and her friends took over the living room (they literally walked out of her room, and took over the couch when I was clearly watching the tv, grr), so now I have to wait till tomorrow when it comes on On Demand to find out what happens.

Hmph.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:02 am 

Simply_Love wrote:
I had ten minutes left in my show when my roommate and her friends took over the living room (they literally walked out of her room, and took over the couch when I was clearly watching the tv, grr), so now I have to wait till tomorrow when it comes on On Demand to find out what happens.

Hmph.

Could you have told them there was only 10 min left in your show and then the tv was all theirs?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:54 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

ScooterDiva wrote:
Simply_Love wrote:

Hmph.

Could you have told them there was only 10 min left in your show and then the tv was all theirs?

They weren't actually coming out to watch the tv. She came out while I was finishing up dishes and starting doing something in the kitchen, and they followed her out and sat on the (two person) couch before I could sit back down (our apartment is tiny and the living room and kitchen are one room, so unless I just like stood in front of them there wasn't any room for me). I'm still sort of miffed about yesterday, so I wasn't sure if I was just assuming they were being jerky after that and didn't want to say anything in case it came out rude. Normally I would have just waited to use the TV when she was gone and watched it tomorrow, but I spent way too many hours at the library today and just wanted to zone out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:42 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

lavawitch wrote:
ndpittman wrote:

If you have a microwave, Starbucks, Godiva, Ghiradelli, and Aahlaska cocoas are all great for instant and are not too sweet. I think they all have a few nonvegan flavors, but at least one is vegan. Costco sometimes sells massive jars of the SB for $9. Barnes and Noble might have the Godiva and it's probably 25% off this time of year.

I will definitely look into these. I found that I can buy the Starbucks mocha powder, so that might be an option. I'm just being difficult because I don't like the milk heated in the microwave as well as I like it heated on the stove. I did get some chocolate peppermint tea last night though, so I'm hoping that'll take the edge off a little until I can come home and cozy up with my book and a cup of the real deal.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:01 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I changed my password months ago. But today I keep trying to put in my old one. So random.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:05 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

The age ol' getting out of bed problem... I don't actually have to for another couple hours but, I want coffee so much. But that means getting out of this snuggly pile of blankets and dog.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:22 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

ndpittman wrote:
I did get some chocolate peppermint tea last night though, so I'm hoping that'll take the edge off a little until I can come home and cozy up with my book and a cup of the real deal.

Is it Harney and Sons chocolate peppermint tea? That stuff is sooooo good. Now my PSPTYHWAEPACTYP is that I want a cup but it has caffeine and I've already had a lot of caffeine today. I also kind of want chocolate peppermint soymilk now, but don't have any and don't feel like going to the store.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:20 pm 

Last night I couldn't sleep for a long time because I had really intense pain I think in my right ovary? It's a PSPTYHWAEPACTYP because I HAVE health insurance, but, the clinic my doctor works out of is shutting down at the end of the week and she'll be working out of a hospital very far away from me, and then at the end of the year I won't have that health insurance anymore and will instead be on the Oregon Health Plan, so it doesn't seem worth it to address it until January, I think. The same thing is keeping me from finding a therapist which would be really helpful right now because my anxiety has been pretty nuts.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:01 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I'm a little annoyed. I was roundgoogling to find out stuff about vegan survival in Italy and stumbled across a book sold by the British Vegetarian Guides site. I have some of their other guides and the British one was absolutely fantastic when I was traveling there.. but I didn't read closely enough and I was so excited for the Italy book but when I got it, it is very ovo-lacto veg with not much vegan info… It's from 2004 (I knew that), so kind of out of date anyway probably, and it's published by Barilla.. so basically it's which ovo lacto dishes to get at restaurants in various cities (probably at places too fancy to bring a toddler) with cheese-filled bigot pasta recipes sprinkled amongst them. I'll probably still take it around and use it (my husband's O-L veg, and it has some good info on festivals and things) but I was reaaaally looking forward to this and now I'm bummed.

Need to find the Italian vegans. They must exist..right?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:12 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I hate a stupid zit inside my nose and that forker hurts!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:18 pm 
Tofu Pup

My boyfriend works nights, and sleeps days. He's now catching onto my self indulgent love of naps.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:51 pm 
Nooch of Earl

So I ordered a new bicycle a couple weeks ago, and there's some part that's holding it up from shipping, but I am expecting it soon and if it doesn't come into the bike store like tomorrow I am going to cry and throw a tantrum.

Which is stupid because my old (shitty) bike was stolen over a year ago and it's taken me this long to settle on a new one, but now that I have it needs to be here RIGHT THIS INSTANT.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:23 pm 
Dead by dawn

I ordered some dishes and they've been stuck in MD for almost a week because of the weather. FedEx says they've resumed normal operations, but my dishes still haven't budged and I need them to be here RIGHT THIS INSTANT (I mean, I totally don't, but still.)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:31 am 
Saggy Butt

my burrito broke and fell on my pants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:21 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I don't want to leave this warm corner of my office to get water for coffee.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:21 am 
Semen Strong

My husband's friend is staying with us for a few days. He woke up right before all of us and proceeded to spend the next hour in the bathroom, which now reeks of Axe Body Spray.

I need a guest bathroom.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:13 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I spent the last hour crying in my office at work (because, ugh, family drama), and I want to go home, but don't want to run into a colleague on the stairs or by my bike, so I'm still stuck crying here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3843 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 154  Next