| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 173  Next
 Post subject: Re: PSPTYHWAEPACTYP thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:01 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Tofulish wrote:
Gwenlet wrote:
I'm leaving the alcoholic who I love, but I almost stayed because I reeeeally love our apartment.

Damn it. I really don't want to leave my apartment.

Sending you so many good thoughts. Its really hard leaving someone with an addiction and leaving the place you love.

Thanks :) It could be a lot worse, and I'm infinitely grateful that it hasn't been as ugly as I thought it would be. It was just a heartbreaking decision to make, and having to move is the additional stressor that pushes me over the edge. I'm trying to remind myself that it's a first world problem--I mean, if I end up moving from Park Slope to Sunset Park, it's hardly leaving me homeless and destitute.

I just wish I'd never fallen in love with Park Slope (and him)!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:25 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Wow, I am such a bisque. I've had a flood of "Merry Christmas!" texts from my GED students and I keep cringing every time they press enter/send after every few words. That costs me .25!

One student sent me 6 messages all at once: merry Christmas. Thanks for everything. I got my diploma. Couldn't have done it without you. Happy new year. (Paraphrasing)

Given how ridiculously extravagant I can be about other dumb stuff, why am I so cheap about text messages? Bah humbug. (Then, of course more .25 when I write them back)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:02 pm 
Nooch of Earl

This is for you Lavawitch!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km9iS2tcRZE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:09 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

That was marvelous. I laughed so hard, Molly flew off my shoulder.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:24 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

lavawitch wrote:
Wow, I am such a bisque. I've had a flood of "Merry Christmas!" texts from my GED students and I keep cringing every time they press enter/send after every few words. That costs me .25!

One student sent me 6 messages all at once: merry Christmas. Thanks for everything. I got my diploma. Couldn't have done it without you. Happy new year. (Paraphrasing)

Given how ridiculously extravagant I can be about other dumb stuff, why am I so cheap about text messages? Bah humbug. (Then, of course more .25 when I write them back)

A couple years ago my BIL texted me for New Years. I replied with "fork YOU COSTING ME MONEY". You're not alone.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:35 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

We should direct our ire at the phone companies. As if a $150/month phone bill wasn't enough.

That's for two iPhones with unlimited data, and a feature phone with no data plan, and low minutes, and no text messages.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:42 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Wait... you get charged when someone else sends you a text message? How forked up is that? (Ok, now I vaguely remember something about also being charged for incoming calls in the US/Canada.) Here, only the caller/texter pays. I tend to text a lot more than call because it's actually a lot cheaper! (Although, since I've started using Whatsapp, I hardly ever text anymore either.)

US/Canadian cell phone companies are evil.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:01 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Yep. .25 to send and/or receive. Everytime I send out a mass message to update my students about a class change, it costs me $2. And I hope nobody responds! It's just worth $2 to not have to call and talk to 8 people.

Calls go by minutes used, regardless of who made the call. But that part isn't so bad because you get unlimited within network (which is probably one third to half of any calls since there aren't that many carriers), and unlimited after 8pm and sometimes weekends. Even with the three of us, we never use more than a tiny fraction of our minutes.

Now, I could probably switched to a plan with included messages and save money but as a matter of principle I'm not giving up my fake unlimited data plan for one of the crappy, overpriced data plans. At least now I can listen to radio watch Netflix, whatever the hell without worrying, even if they throttle me to crepe slow speeds by the end of the month.

But landlines are expensive here too. My parents have one and that costs a lot each month, just in taxes alone. I guess that depends on your local government though.

The ridiculous part is that the two iPhones are actually not all that expensive. If I took those off my bill would still be almost $100, just for three basic phones with no features, perks, or calling minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:00 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

It's crazy that the phone services get to charge people to receive texts! I would be annoyed as well. And 0.25 is A LOT - texting hasn't cost that much money here since the beginning of the 2000s! I have a phone plan that allows me to text and call completely without any extra charge and it includes 5mb internet as well for 25 dollars. Phone plans sound a lot more expensive in the states?

I got up late and I'm feeling icky because I ate too much candy in bed yesterday while I was naked and watching TV shows. Damn you, candy! You get me every time!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:51 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

lepelaar wrote:
Wait... you get charged when someone else sends you a text message? How forked up is that? (Ok, now I vaguely remember something about also being charged for incoming calls in the US/Canada.) Here, only the caller/texter pays. I tend to text a lot more than call because it's actually a lot cheaper! (Although, since I've started using Whatsapp, I hardly ever text anymore either.)

US/Canadian cell phone companies are evil.

Agreed. But I also get charged by Dutch T-Mobile to receive texts or calls from outside NL, whether it's India, Poland or the US.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:43 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

lavawitch wrote:
Yep. .25 to send and/or receive. Everytime I send out a mass message to update my students about a class change, it costs me $2. And I hope nobody responds! It's just worth $2 to not have to call and talk to 8 people.

Calls go by minutes used, regardless of who made the call. But that part isn't so bad because you get unlimited within network (which is probably one third to half of any calls since there aren't that many carriers), and unlimited after 8pm and sometimes weekends. Even with the three of us, we never use more than a tiny fraction of our minutes.

Now, I could probably switched to a plan with included messages and save money but as a matter of principle I'm not giving up my fake unlimited data plan for one of the crappy, overpriced data plans. At least now I can listen to radio watch Netflix, whatever the hell without worrying, even if they throttle me to crepe slow speeds by the end of the month.

But landlines are expensive here too. My parents have one and that costs a lot each month, just in taxes alone. I guess that depends on your local government though.

The ridiculous part is that the two iPhones are actually not all that expensive. If I took those off my bill would still be almost $100, just for three basic phones with no features, perks, or calling minutes.

You may be able to just add texting to your current plan. I think I have like 1500/month for $5 or $10? Maybe it's not worth if for you though, but I didn't have to give up my unlimited data when I added it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:26 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

It's not worth it since most months, I spend $5 or less on texting. I think it's only 50 for $5 though.

I just looked on my phone. My only option now is family unlimited texting for $30/month, or my phone only unlimited for $20/month.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:42 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Our shower has been draining really slowly, so after a few days I finally worked up the ambition to take some pliers up with me and clear it out. I managed to instantly extract a plug of solid rotting hair and soap that was about 3" in diameter and almost a foot long - the grossest such thing I have ever gotten out of a shower! I wonder if it had ever been cleared out since, I don't know, that part of the house was built in the '80s. Well now the back half of the house just smells like sulphur, and being a weak of stomach preggo I instantly started retching and can't go near it now. So, so disgusting. Had to ask my husband to go up and take the trash out in the hopes that it will smell OK again in a few minutes. Can't shower because I'm waiting for the stink to dissipate.

In other PSPTYH… news, in what might be the PSPTYH…est of PSPTYH…s, I decided to be done with United in one final frequent flyer mile blowout for the three of us. Our first leg of the trip is first class across the country, and apparently this includes lunch. BUT, there's "no special meal offered." I'm a terrible, hateful person, so I'd rather NOBODY get a meal rather than having to watch everyone else eat their nonvegan meal while we get nothing. Harrumph. Meanwhile the people in coach will at least get offered snack packs. And again, as all problems are exacerbated by pregnancy, I can't even make up for it with free booze. Harrumph.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:48 pm 

Ugh! The shower hair worm of shame is the worst! And smelly? I can't imagine that. I shed really badly, so I have to do that pretty often unless I want to be really, really grossed out.

I got some kind of kitten repellent spray to spray on this pipe covering thing that Boo has been scratching. (I tried covering it in foil, but she just scratched the foil and then pulled it down; she's a dick.) It smells so bad that it's repelling me! I'm sure it won't phase her though because nothing will. She regularly smells Wilson's feet. She's pretty gross.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:08 pm 

Annak, I'm not pregnant, and I can't smell the stinky hair clog over the internet, but I got quite queasy just reading about your drain cleaning "adventures". I hope the smell is clearing up!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:32 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Yeah I've encountered the hair worm of shame before, but this was a hair anaconda of shame! Horrible!! And we've only rented here for a year and a half, so probably just the top half inch or so at most was mine!!

Luckily I have the most tolerant and wonderful partner ever, who bagged up the plug of doom and took it outside, ran vinegar down the drain and cleaned it out, then showered himself, and by the time all that was done it smelled fine again.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:57 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Annak, can you and Mars take this outside? Fee can referee.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:52 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

It isn't even 11am yet and I want to eat my lunch, but I'm worried that if I eat it now I will be hungry later before I go home and I don't want to go outside to get snacks because it is cold. Problems, man.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:41 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

annak wrote:
Yeah I've encountered the hair worm of shame before, but this was a hair anaconda of shame! Horrible!! And we've only rented here for a year and a half, so probably just the top half inch or so at most was mine!!

Luckily I have the most tolerant and wonderful partner ever, who bagged up the plug of doom and took it outside, ran vinegar down the drain and cleaned it out, then showered himself, and by the time all that was done it smelled fine again.

I'm so grossed out by this account, but also a little jealous that my drain is never that clogged. Sounds disgusting And AWESOME. Like popping a huge zit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:52 am 
Dead by dawn

Man, I hate it when it's bedtime and I realize that I'm hungry. If I go to bed hungry, I will wake up starving. If I eat right before bed, I will wake up starving. (And seriously, I know this is the non-problemiest problem ever.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:18 am 

lavawitch wrote:
Annak, can you and Mars take this outside? Fee can referee.

PPK gross-off! They could probably sell tickets.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:34 am 
Married to the wolfman

I was in Portland and made a special side trip to eat an ice cream sundae at Back to Eden and for reasons I didn't totally understand, the person behind the counter told me they were done serving soft serve for the day (?).

Had to console self with cake instead. Life is hard.

(Cake was phenomenal. FYI.)

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:46 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I don't have any hummus.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:27 am 
Level 7 Vegan

My GPA is calculated on a 4-point scale but Princeton's grad application wouldn't accept it because they don't acknowledge the existence of an A+ grade.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:46 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I want to make pancakes with my boy but he is still sleeping.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 173  Next