| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 144  Next
 Post subject: Re: PSPTYHWAEPACTYP thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:18 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

joyfulgirl wrote:
I spent the whole night making a single card because i'm a perfectionist and didn't like the way it came out so I didn't get a chance to work on my knitting.

Sometimes I really think that you and I might be the same person.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:47 am 
Keepin' It Seal

choirqueer wrote:
joyfulgirl wrote:
I spent the whole night making a single card because i'm a perfectionist and didn't like the way it came out so I didn't get a chance to work on my knitting.

Sometimes I really think that you and I might be the same person.

Wait. Are we?? That would make a lot of sense.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:00 am 
And you never will.

I got distracted last night and overcooked my jam. It's too dark and sticky and has caramel undertones. Whomp whomp.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:06 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

poopiebitch wrote:
I got distracted last night and overcooked my jam. It's too dark and sticky and has caramel undertones. Whomp whomp.

Caramel undertones don't necessarily sound like a terrible thing.

Is this the apricot earl grey jam you were talking about? Because that sounds totally yum. Even caramelized. Bet you could still market it as "spread" instead of jam.

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:12 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I bought a bunch of wine for an event, but then it didn't happen, so now I have way too much wine.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:17 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Tea wrote:
I bought a bunch of wine for an event, but then it didn't happen, so now I have way too much wine.

So we should start looking for you in the drunk thread? Also, I think that means we need another trivia night so you have something to do while you drink it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:33 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Tea wrote:

Invite me over and we can get this taken care of, quick style.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:36 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Moon wrote:
Tea wrote:

Invite me over and we can get this taken care of, quick style.

Yeah, PPK meetup at Tea's house!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:43 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I'm making cupcakes but I have to wait for the coconut oil to melt because it's so cold today. Whine.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 pm 
Nailed to the V

Tea wrote:

This is called heaven on earth

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Facebook

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:13 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Star wrote:
Tea wrote:

This is called heaven on earth

Seriously.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:43 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

poopiebitch wrote:

Poopiebitch Jams presents.....The midnight special. Dark, thick and with a caramel undertone.

;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:45 pm 
And you never will.

Moon wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:

Is this the apricot earl grey jam you were talking about? Because that sounds totally yum. Even caramelized. Bet you could still market it as "spread" instead of jam.

It is! The flavor is actually okay (although the tea got a bit lost due to the overcooking), but the texture is definitely closer to spreadable-candy territory than I wanted (though not quite "chewy" so that's something). I can probably still sell it, as it's definitely still tasty and spreadable. Plus it would be really good on ice cream. Like, really really good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:43 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I'm so hungry, but I don't want to go downstairs to get food because it is freezing down there. If only I could order food and have it delivered directly to my room!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:33 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I agreed to go into the lab to do something for my lab partner, but I really just want to keep laying on the couch.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:32 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

poopiebitch wrote:
Moon wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:

It is! The flavor is actually okay (although the tea got a bit lost due to the overcooking), but the texture is definitely closer to spreadable-candy territory than I wanted (though not quite "chewy" so that's something). I can probably still sell it, as it's definitely still tasty and spreadable. Plus it would be really good on ice cream. Like, really really good.

Put it in the tall skinny jars and charge people $11.25 and they'll totally think you meant it to be almost spreadable candy. It'll be the new big thing and you'll be a new gazillionaire and people will be all "Smuckers, what's that? Pass the jar of PoopieB, please!"

And then you can develop ice cream bars with a chewy PoopieB filling. And then you will be head baker for, as well as, the main financial backer of the PPK commune.

You better get to work on all that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:38 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

With a name like that, it's got to be good, right?

(My middle school best friend was "of the family". The teasing was horrific. Horrific. She changed her last name to Smith. Not even kidding.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:44 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

Moon wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:

Put it in the tall skinny jars and charge people $11.25 and they'll totally think you meant it to be almost spreadable candy. It'll be the new big thing and you'll be a new gazillionaire and people will be all "Smuckers, what's that? Pass the jar of PoopieB, please!"

And then you can develop ice cream bars with a chewy PoopieB filling. And then you will be head baker for, as well as, the main financial backer of the PPK commune.

You better get to work on all that.

aww, Poopie Spreads™! i'd like one spicy corn relish and one chunky chocolate nut butter, please.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:31 am 
Keepin' It Seal

I have short hair but the top part was getting quite long and would often fall down almost to my eyes. My friend who last cut my hair wasn't available so I bought my own set of clippers because how hard could it be? Turns out 1 inch on the top of my head is a lot shorter than it seems like it would be. So now my hair is really short and I normally wouldn't care that much, but it's winter and I'm cold!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:50 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Hats are the answer! (to almost everything)

Have you got pictures, joyfulgirl? I'm thinking of cutting most of my hair off, but I need inspiration.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:06 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Ok, dudes. I just discovered I have 3 months of vacation this year. Since it's my last contract year as a PhD, I have to use them or they're gone (or maybe I can try to talk HR into turning them into cash? Not sure). However, I have a PhD salary = no money! I also want to finish my dissertation on time, and LOVE the idea of using my last 12 months as 9 months of writing + 3 months of awesome, but am still worried about finishing on time. HALP! What do I do? Where do I go? Etc., etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:16 am 
Keepin' It Seal

dropscone wrote:
Hats are the answer! (to almost everything)

Have you got pictures, joyfulgirl? I'm thinking of cutting most of my hair off, but I need inspiration.

I will definitely be wearing lots of hats while I'm not at work. I'd post pics, but that would prob scare you off haha. I'm not at my cutest right now. I could post pics of the way it used to be when I get to my home computer later.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:25 am 
Keepin' It Seal

lutin wrote:
Ok, dudes. I just discovered I have 3 months of vacation this year. Since it's my last contract year as a PhD, I have to use them or they're gone (or maybe I can try to talk HR into turning them into cash? Not sure). However, I have a PhD salary = no money! I also want to finish my dissertation on time, and LOVE the idea of using my last 12 months as 9 months of writing + 3 months of awesome, but am still worried about finishing on time. HALP! What do I do? Where do I go? Etc., etc.

Which three months? I'll be in the bay area, portland, and seattle for march, april, and may (about a month each city). But if you were thinking of using them later in the year, go wherever I am (I'm not sure where I'll be then)!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:06 pm 
Nooch of Earl

All I have is foofy dark chocolate, but what I really want is a keebler jumbo fudge stick.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:13 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I have a bit of a sniffle after my trip to Seattle. It seems so ridiculous.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 3597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 144  Next