| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 168  Next
 Post subject: Re: PSPTYHWAEPACTYP thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:42 pm 
Inflexitarian

I'm in the middle of a mountain range in Chile to use a big telescope for a few days and my camera's battery is about to die and I have no way to recharge it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:51 pm 
And you never will.

Sorry your camera is dead! I just had to laugh because I'm watching 60 Minutes do a report on giant telescopes in Chile right this second. Have fun!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:46 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I like the coconut taste...it's the weird aftertaste that isn't coconut that I don't like. Also, the SoDelicious coconut milk ice creams are all replicas of the soy ice cream flavors that they have, so to me they just taste like mediocre versions of the thing I actually want. I like some of the Coconut Bliss flavors, but they're harder to find and more expensive.

I usually LOVE coconut stuff...I cook with coconut milk all the time and lick every spoon! I put shredded coconut on everything from cookies to green beans! I shell out for coconut oil because it's truly superior for baking! But for ice cream...I'm perfectly happy with good ol' soy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:22 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I accidentally bought unrefined coconut oil (and opened it) instead of refined. Now I don't know what to do with all of this coconuttiness.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:24 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I went to collect my laundry in from the line and a bird had pooped on one thing, so I have to wash it again, because it's the one thing on the line that I absolutely need for this weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:28 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

emmalv wrote:
I accidentally bought unrefined coconut oil (and opened it) instead of refined. Now I don't know what to do with all of this coconuttiness.

Can you use it for pan frying?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:21 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

emmalv wrote:

Have you opened it yet? Maybe you could exchange it if it is unopened.
Unrefined coconut oil makes Indian and Thai foods extra delicious.
Use it to replace some or all the fat in baking or frosting where a coconut flavor would be welcome:
in a chocolate almond cookie or cake to make it Almond Joy flavored
with pineapple (and rum) for pina colada
It makes an excellent moisturizer for skin and hair. Melt between hands and apply to hair an hour or two before washing to protect hair and reduce frizzing. Melt between hands and add a small amount to washed wet hair to moisturize, add shine, and control.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:05 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

The moisturizing aspect actually occurred to me yesterday as I was drifting off to sleep last night...I live in Las Vegas so extra hair moisturizers are definitely needed. Thanks for the suggestions! The only thing I could come up with is added flavor in curries. I'm loving the idea of coconut frosting! (Because yes, I opened it.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:32 pm 
Inflexitarian

I was up all night last night observing, and finally collapsed in a bed at 2pm. When I woke up the motel clock said 8:30am and I got excited and thought "SCORE! Woke up just in time for a normal sleep schedule!" But then I opened my laptop and realized that it's 8:30pm and the clock is set wrong, so now I guess I am nocturnal until future notice.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:35 pm 
Nooch of Earl

My toddler has been eating a ton of guac and chips and now has unbearable garlic breath. And she keeps trying to kiss me, which is sweet, but..no.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:34 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I left my limeade/water in the kitchen, but I'm on the couch in the den with a dog on my lap and I'm thirsty :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:21 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

Being catupied (occupied by cat) is the bane of my thirst and elimination existence.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:54 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Mars wrote:
With the coconut bliss brand, I've never tasted the coconut taste before... Is this the brand you're talking about? I love coconut bliss, but I love soy too. All ice creamz!

Except some cashew ones. I mean, I love cashews, but this was grosssss. Maybe it wasn't so much the cashew as it was whoever made the cashew thing. But it was the first time in my life I spent like $6 and just gave it away to someone else. Normally I would have kept it and picked away at it when in a sugar desperation...but it wasn't even worth that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:07 pm 
Nooch of Earl

So we ordered room service guac and chips, and they do a dumb thing where they duplicate room numbers here with like 666 and 666J being different things (the studio suites being 'j'). Well, as far as we can tell after our guac didn't appear for an hour (during which we heard room service knock on the next door), the people next door mistakenly got our guac and KEPT AND ATE IT. So we had to reorder and wait again.

Who DOES that!??!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:09 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh how annoying! Especially with a hungry preschooler, waiting is not a good thing!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:46 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

annak wrote:
So we ordered room service guac and chips, and they do a dumb thing where they duplicate room numbers here with like 666 and 666J being different things (the studio suites being 'j'). Well, as far as we can tell after our guac didn't appear for an hour (during which we heard room service knock on the next door), the people next door mistakenly got our guac and KEPT AND ATE IT. So we had to reorder and wait again.

Who DOES that!??!

This is so weird! Don't you pay for room service? If I had something delivered to my room I hadn't ordered, I would be sending it back and making sure I wasn't charged, even if it was something as delicious as guac.

Also, that numbering system is flawed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:52 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I had one glass of wine last night and have a headache today from it. I need to get out of bed and go study but just the thought makes me want to hide under the covers for the rest of the day.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:02 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

choirqueer wrote:
I wanted mint chip soy ice cream. But they only had coconut ice cream at the store. So I bought mint chip coconut ice cream. Blech! Not the same thing! I don't know what's wrong with me that I like soy ice cream better than coconut, but I do, and every so often I try to convince myself that I don't, and I regret it every! forking! time!

I really don't think coconut and mint should be mingling unless alcohol is involved.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:47 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

annak wrote:
My toddler has been eating a ton of guac and chips and now has unbearable garlic breath. And she keeps trying to kiss me, which is sweet, but..no.

Hahahahahahaha! My cat did that once... it was horrible. He eat like a few cloves.... i didn't know cats could have a garlic breath...

Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:51 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I was invited to grown up play date (where we will make crafty things and art) and I am intimidated by the level of ability of the other people. I should just go and finger paint.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:51 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Simply_Love wrote:
annak wrote:

Who DOES that!??!

This is so weird! Don't you pay for room service? If I had something delivered to my room I hadn't ordered, I would be sending it back and making sure I wasn't charged, even if it was something as delicious as guac.

Also, that numbering system is flawed.

We're at an all-inclusive place, so not exactly, although it's possible they added a tip or something (we do have to sign for room service, and there's an opportunity to tip on the form though we've been tipping in cash so it will be obvious if that happens).

I wouldn't have minded as much if that hadn't been our @#$%ing dinner, since the dinners here are..not so veg-friendly, and if I weren't like 17 months pregnant at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:44 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

annak wrote:

Who DOES that!??!

I'm trying to imagine this from the perspective of the people who kept your guac. I'm seeing them saying "I think I'm hungry." "Hmmm, maybe I am too." "lets order some room service." "Ok, what should we get?" How about some chips and guac?" "Oh yeah, that sounds good." Knock, knock, knock, "Room service!" "Woah, we didn't even call yet, this is the best room service ever!"
Of course, that is really giving them the benefit of the doubt, but it makes me laugh to imagine it happening this way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:13 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
annak wrote:

Who DOES that!??!

I'm trying to imagine this from the perspective of the people who kept your guac. I'm seeing them saying "I think I'm hungry." "Hmmm, maybe I am too." "lets order some room service." "Ok, what should we get?" How about some chips and guac?" "Oh yeah, that sounds good." Knock, knock, knock, "Room service!" "Woah, we didn't even call yet, this is the best room service ever!"
Of course, that is really giving them the benefit of the doubt, but it makes me laugh to imagine it happening this way.

What if they called around the same time and placed the same order and that's why there was a mixup, the kitchen people thought you had called twice? Maybe you have room service soul mates!?!?

Big time benefit of the doubt, right here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:56 am 
And you never will.

That reminds me of one time my sister ordered a couple of pizzas, and they got delivered to a neighbor's house, who then SIGNED HER CREDIT CARD RECEIPT and ATE THE PIZZA. No benefit of the doubt here, some people just suck.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:55 am 
Inflexitarian

A new housemate moved in and she has a cat. I was worried that my kitty, Mister, and the new kitty, Apollo, wouldn't get along but it turns out they get along very well. TOO well. I think Mister likes Apollo more than he likes me :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 168  Next