| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 155  Next
 Post subject: Re: PSPTYHWAEPACTYP thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:00 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

All those citrus trees sound divine annak. I adore kumquats. I hope you get the place!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:12 am 
Semen Strong

annak wrote:
The best thing about watching TV on the internet is getting to see your favorite ads over, and over, and over, and over again!

ETA: and I think we found a house we like, knock on wood, but we have to wait for them to register it with the base and inspected and everything. It's not the biggest place we looked at, but it's got lots of space and seems secure and, youse guys, it has CITRUS TREES. Lots of lemons, tangerines, oranges, and even a kumquat tree that makes the most deliiiiicious kumquats. So if we ever get to move in, it will be an epic firestorm of limoncello and lemonade.

We were watching Peppa Pig and the ad was one in which a man is hitting a woman repeatedly across the face so that was awesome.

I hope you get that place! it sounds fantastic! Italy flicks the weasel!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:10 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I never remember people, but people always remember me and it makes things awkward. I ran into someone today who asked me if my mom still worked at the animal shelter and went on to ask about the animals there. Obviously I had met him before at some point, but I had no idea who he was! Sometimes people on the street will greet me by name and ask about my family members by name, and the entire time I am thinking, "Who the fork are you?" I worry that they'll notice how vague my questions are ("And how is, uh, your family?") and figure out that I don't have the faintest clue who they are.

Or maybe I've never met any of them, and it's just an elaborate scheme to fork with me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:48 am 
Nooch of Earl

Husband had three bean burritos for lunch yesterday and then had the audacity to come home to our tiny temporary home aka hotel suite. There ought to be a law...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:33 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

There is, annak, it's chemical warfare!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:13 am 
Nooch of Earl

Maybe I'll send him off to the Hague for trial. Because I'm not letting him inside if he does it again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:36 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
I never remember people, but people always remember me and it makes things awkward. I ran into someone today who asked me if my mom still worked at the animal shelter and went on to ask about the animals there. Obviously I had met him before at some point, but I had no idea who he was! Sometimes people on the street will greet me by name and ask about my family members by name, and the entire time I am thinking, "Who the fork are you?" I worry that they'll notice how vague my questions are ("And how is, uh, your family?") and figure out that I don't have the faintest clue who they are.

Or maybe I've never met any of them, and it's just an elaborate scheme to fork with me.

My dad lives in a small town, and this used to happen to me a lot if I actually went anywhere other than his house. I lived there when I was 8, and I'm 25 now, and covered in tattoos. How can they even recognize me as the same person?

Anyway, I've never hesitated to say "Who are you?" in the friendliest tone possible, but I may have less tact than the average person.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:36 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I got a paper cut from an Amazon.com box. OW?!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:39 am 
Inflexitarian

I disagree with something someone posted on the internet and now I can't sleep. I may have had this one before.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:28 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I bought pretty lanterny lights from Target last night. The first set didn't work. Second set didn't work. And even with the receipt, they want to give me a gift card or another set. Ummm... no. I really want the lights. But they won't even check sets before we leave store.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:55 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

It's one in the morning and I want to be sleeping but stupid insomnia won't let me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:34 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

creep wrote:

My dad lives in a small town, and this used to happen to me a lot if I actually went anywhere other than his house. I lived there when I was 8, and I'm 25 now, and covered in tattoos. How can they even recognize me as the same person?

Anyway, I've never hesitated to say "Who are you?" in the friendliest tone possible, but I may have less tact than the average person.

I'm horrible with faces and names. I was at a trade fair this week and met up with a rep and introduced myself and she's said "We've met!" I swear, I was totally blank until she reminded me that she'd come in to the store with her dog and her boyfriend. The dog was the trigger and it all came back to me. I'd actually sat and spoken with this woman for at least an hour, not three months ago. WTH is wrong with me? (But I know I could pick her dog out of a lineup.)

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:20 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I got on a train this morning. Bought a ticket from the conductor. Got to my destination and then got fined because the conductor sold me a ticket for yesterday.

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:36 am 
Impressive boner

Star wrote:
I got on a train this morning. Bought a ticket from the conductor. Got to my destination and then got fined because the conductor sold me a ticket for yesterday.

Our rail systems are ace, aren't they? (Hope you get your fine cancelled/refunded. That's sheer incompetence.)

I ache from training and couldn't sleep properly from the aches but am always more tired after training so need more sleep but couldn't get it last night.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:37 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

lepelaar wrote:
creep wrote:

I'm horrible with faces and names. I was at a trade fair this week and met up with a rep and introduced myself and she's said "We've met!" I swear, I was totally blank until she reminded me that she'd come in to the store with her dog and her boyfriend. The dog was the trigger and it all came back to me. I'd actually sat and spoken with this woman for at least an hour, not three months ago. WTH is wrong with me? (But I know I could pick her dog out of a lineup.)

I am the saaaaaaame way with people/dogs. I know the names of more of my canine neighbors than of my human neighbors.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:00 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

8ball wrote:
Star wrote:

Our rail systems are ace, aren't they? (Hope you get your fine cancelled/refunded. That's sheer incompetence.)

I ache from training and couldn't sleep properly from the aches but am always more tired after training so need more sleep but couldn't get it last night.

Sorry to hear about the sleep, hopefully you will get some extra tonight!

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:36 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

lepelaar wrote:
(But I know I could pick her dog out of a lineup.)

Haha, yes. I never forget a dog, and I never remember a human.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:28 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

If my students were animals, I'd know them all by the end of first week instead of end of November. It's shameful.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:02 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I cooked 4 pounds of pinto beans and now I can't find the freezer space for them.

I feel like this was not my best thought out plan.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:53 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Pinto bean party at zwingtip's! Bring whatever food or beverage you feel goes best with pinto beans and get ready for a good time. Yep, I just invited the entire PPK over to your place zwingtip. You can thank me after the awesome pinto party!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:58 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

So I'm about 99% sure the program I just spent an hour downloading, and that I cannot download again if something goes wrong, just crashed. When all I literally had left to do was press finish.

I am about to cry.

(Not really, but booooooo)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:07 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

OMG GUYS

So there was a screen hidden that wasn't showing up on my tool bar that I needed to fill some info before I could finish. I minimized some things on accident and then it popped up, so I finished installation and everything is okay.

(Though after I found that page and pushed submit there was about 15 seconds where it said it wasn't responding and I was very sad, but thankfully it managed to finish).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:47 am 
Nooch of Earl

Found the perfect used car yesterday - really cute, gorgeous, well-appointed 7-year-old mini cooper offered at a reasonable price…but the "automatic transmission" in the ad was a mistake, it's actually a manual. They had one automatic at that dealership and it wasn't really what we want. FEH.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:59 am 
Impressive boner

Slept worse last night, still aching. Now I feel dizzy and wonder if a migraine is coming. I have too much work to do for a migraine!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:25 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

8ball wrote:
Slept worse last night, still aching. Now I feel dizzy and wonder if a migraine is coming. I have too much work to do for a migraine!

Sorry to hear you feel worse, I hope you feel better soon.

Last year when I went to the LABL fair in Liverpool I got a Ms Cupcake chocolate chip cookie which was the best cookie I have ever eaten, thick crunchy and chewy at the same time and full of flavour.
I went to this years LABL fair yesterday, got the same cookie from Ms Cupcake, it looked different (much flatter but wider so I thought they had just changed the shape). It was terrible, horrible texture and tasteless. So very disappointing

Goodreads

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 155  Next