| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 249  Next
 Post subject: Re: PSPTYHWAEPACTYP thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:32 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I attempted a White Russian in the dark and without my contacts and it seems I've ended up with vodka, soymilk, and Cointreau. Apparently I put more vodka in instead of Kahlua. I'm not sure how this happened because my vodka is a small bottle of Grey Goose and my Kahlua is a giant jug that takes two hands to lift. It's like Costco sized Kahlua--it was a Christmas special at the military package store and is seriously the largest bottle of booze I've ever seen. (It was the same price as a regular bottle at our tax extortion state store)

Not bad but not my thing either; I'm debating how best to fix this. I can't waste my Cointreau! That stuff is too expensive and I'm pretty sure my life would end if I had to make PMS emergency brownies without it. (Replace half the liquid with Cointreau and add zest of one orange in the cookie book basic recipe. I swear one brownie singLehandedy eliminates mood swings and irrational thought and induces swoons if hazelnuts are sprinkled on top)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:48 am 
Nooch of Earl

Maybe use it to sub part of the soymilk in a waffle or pancake recipe?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:03 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Booze spiked pancakes....suddenly breakfast sounds more appealing than usual.

I just kept drinking it. Funny enough, it got better the more I drank. I'd make another (with Kahlua), but I have a dr appt in the morning. Which requires driving past the hospital that killed my dad. Not thrilled. They will also want me to have another endoscopy there, which I will not do. I'm wondering if they will refuse my treatment/meds if I'm non compliant with the endoscopy. Either way, I will not do it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:06 am 
Nooch of Earl

I hope you're able to get the care you want, LW. I am in sort of a boat like that with maternity care at the moment, and will probably just consent to all the stupid blood tests because they're painless and it's just easier than putting up a fight, but every fiber of my being thinks it's ridiculous to do silly/redundant tests. But if it weren't just a few vials of blood and a waste of tax money, I would probably be standing my ground.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:31 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Well, I need the endoscopy to track the ulcer either healing a bit or getting worse, especially since I've had bleeding. But I will not go into that hospital again and go under anesthesia. I don't care what the consequences are, it isn't happening.

My primary care doc is angry with me for not making these appointments and I promised her I would over spring break.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:35 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

Lavawitch, could you get the endoscopy done at a different hospital? Just a thought. I understand your hesitancy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:08 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Maybe, but it would be a huge hassle and I'd need new doctors, etc. They also require a reason or no availability to go more than X miles away. Not sure they would even approve going elsewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:44 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Lavawitch, I had a scope done at an outpatient center in the same building as my gastro; maybe another doc near you has a similar setup?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:07 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

My iron is too low. They won't put me under at a surgical/outpatient center.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:10 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Oh, bummer, I'm sorry :/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:44 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Locked myself out of my building. No way to get in unless a neighbor come home. And it's not exactly warm out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:16 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

My landlord sent me a weird email about parking. When I moved in, I was told it's first come first serve, but now I got an email telling me to knock on my neighbor's door to learn about the parking particulars.

what the fizzle does that mean? I've been in this building for five months. Why couldn't HE have told me via the email he sent me?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:43 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

I ate too much cheesecake and now don't have room for any yogurt, and I just bought Whole Soy!

Missdelaney, that is very weird indeed. Let us know if it becomes clear why you had to talk to your neighbor instead of just get the info in the email.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:07 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Perhaps the neighbours complained to the landlord and the landlord doesn't want to get involved? I would bat it back to the landlord, unless you get on really well with the neighbours usually.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:24 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

That was what I thought, but if that's the case, why even send me the email? I'm following the rules!

I've never met the neighbor he told me to talk to. I've maybe seen her twice. She's almost never home, that I've seen, so even if I wanted to, I doubt I'd find a time to talk to her.

Honestly, I'm just ignoring it. If there's a problem, my landlord should do his job and tell me. If my neighbor has a problem, she can talk to me. It feels very weird to me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:32 am 
Nooch of Earl

I agree that your landlord sounds like he is trying to avoid actually dealing with a conflict. I hope it works out!

The housing office here postponed the inspection of the place we're on a pre-lease contract with until next week. (We've already waited since last week for them to do it today) Which pushes back the earliest time we could move in even more. I know it's minor, but I am so tired of living in the hotel that it is incredibly irritating.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:39 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Lunch was rice and vegetables. I am not amused and although I'm full, I am not feeling satisfied. *pouts*

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:17 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Ugh, it seems I am terrible at tempering chocolate! The first tiny test batch came out okay, but since then three lots are blooming. I may have to make truffles instead of eggs and roll them in chopped nuts instead of melted chocolate. Sad face.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:28 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

My business/econ instructor does not know how to use moodle so he posts lecture slides in the news forum instead of the main page. This means I have to click two whole extra links to download them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:27 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My husband bought me a chocolate easter egg before leaving town for a few days. He hid it, and then after I dropped him off at the airport, he sent me a little text message saying "its green and it's on the mantle." So I got home and looked and there was a chocolate egg hidden for me. The problem is, it looks like milk chocolate, and I'm afraid to eat it. I don't want to second guess him, but I don't want to accidentally eat milk chocolate either. :/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:16 pm 
And you never will.

dropscone wrote:
Ugh, it seems I am terrible at tempering chocolate! The first tiny test batch came out okay, but since then three lots are blooming. I may have to make truffles instead of eggs and roll them in chopped nuts instead of melted chocolate. Sad face.

I feel your pain! I had one batch a couple of weeks ago that tempered fine, I even tested it on a metal spatula in the fridge, but then all the molds I filled started blooming. I don't know what I did between testing and filling, but that was frustrating.

Do you have a really good quick-read thermometer? How are you keeping it warm/rewarming as you work? I was using water in a slow cooker set to low, putting the bowl over it and stirring until it came back to temp, but as the amount of chocolate got lower it was heating too quickly and I had a very hard time keeping it from going out of temper. Then I figured out that I can use my hair dryer to blast it on warm for a few seconds at a time as needed while working - it's much easier to control.

ETA: I don't have an electric heating pad, but I've heard others say if you set one to low and put it in a bowl, then put your (slightly smaller) bowl of tempered chocolate on top, it keeps the chocolate warm without overheating.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:28 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

ameyfm wrote:
My husband bought me a chocolate easter egg before leaving town for a few days. He hid it, and then after I dropped him off at the airport, he sent me a little text message saying "its green and it's on the mantle." So I got home and looked and there was a chocolate egg hidden for me. The problem is, it looks like milk chocolate, and I'm afraid to eat it. I don't want to second guess him, but I don't want to accidentally eat milk chocolate either. :/

Hmm, tough call. Is it fairly regular-easter-egg looking? No brand name or anything? If I were you I think I'd assume it is milk, maybe not even by fault of his, but mislabeled perhaps. Maybe just toss it without telling him, knowing it was the thought that counts? :/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:30 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I broke down and asked him! I confirmed! It is one of these:
http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-225813-sj ... te-5-count
Do you think that means there are 4 more hidden in this house waiting for me to find them???
Now I can eat it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:31 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

YESSSSS! Good thing you asked!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:37 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

ameyfm wrote:
I broke down and asked him! I confirmed! It is one of these:
http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-225813-sj ... te-5-count
Do you think that means there are 4 more hidden in this house waiting for me to find them???
Now I can eat it!

I had those last year. I think they only come in the five pack (but I could be wrong, maybe check Sjaaks web page), so there could be more. They are delicious as well. Couldn't get them in the UK this which was very disappointing

Facebook

http://thechroniclesofbanania.blogspot.co.uk/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 249  Next