| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149 ... 165  Next
 Post subject: Re: PSPTYHWAEPACTYP thread
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:57 am 
Discovered unobtainium

How the hell am I out of Grey Goose? I only bought the bottle early December and I have one small drink a week, at most. Usually. More like 1-2 a month. And Vodka sauce. GG makes lousy vodka sauce, btw. Too sweet or something.

Maybe my dad had some. I got mad at him a few times for drinking my Imperia because he doesn't distinguish between that and Smirnoff and if he has a big jug of that and likes it, I'd rather he drink that than my nicer stuff. Not that it matters since I'm happy to share.

I need to desnobbify (well at least considering the limited options sold at state stores) my alcohol preferences since they don't fit my budget.

Or maybe Molly hits the sauce at night. She does like taking baths in unprotected White Russians. Conure feathers add a piquant twist, but I recommend straining them out first.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:01 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

lavawitch wrote:
I need to desnobbify (well at least considering the limited options sold at state stores) my alcohol preferences since they don't fit my budget.

If it helps any, I used to buy fancy vodka until I did a blind taste test with about 10 different bottles and couldn't guess any of them right. It's amazing how much taste is just in your mind.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:11 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

lavawitch wrote:

This might be a stupid question but have you tried Stolichnaya? I don't drink Vodka anymore but it used to be my Vodka of choice and way cheaper than Grey Goose

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:26 am 
Discovered unobtainium

caterpillar wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

If it helps any, I used to buy fancy vodka until I did a blind taste test with about 10 different bottles and couldn't guess any of them right. It's amazing how much taste is just in your mind.

I did huge test when making vodka sauce. (Ketel One seems to make the best sauce. Has some kick but isn't strident). Also, I don't like hangovers. I can tell a big difference in overall smoothness. But the state store sells Smirnoff, cheapest stoli, grey goose, Absolut and 100009845 varieties of flavored stuff. Not a lot of choice.

They all taste like paint thinner to me plain, but I can tell when mixed in stuff, which I guess is opposite common wisdom.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:32 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I didn't eat anything today since my pizza order was forked up (I never eat breakfast because of nausea and forgot to a smoothie for lunch) but 3:30am seems a bad to try finding something in the dark without my contacts in. But now I can't sleep because I'm hungry.

Usually I have something Amy's around, but for once I don't even have a burrito.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:43 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I just looked up the price of GG over there, and it's about half of what it is here. Honestly, I'd just splurge. I know that's not real helpful advice but I'd say the price difference is worth it over Smirnoff or Absolut when you're drinking such small amounts.

I'd also be pretty happy with Stolichnaya like Star, that and Wyborowa are pretty much what I'd buy if I still bought vodka regularly. But it doesn't really have that 'special treat' thing going for it, which is probably what you're after.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:06 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Absolut is swill. Spiffy ad campaigns (loved Absolut Warhol), but not worth the price. I think it's on,y a dollar or two cheaper than GG.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:43 am 
Nooch of Earl

They forgot to put the potatoes and guac in my crunchwrap at Taco Bell today. Agony!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:03 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

My slice of double chocolate torte tipped over when I put it on my plate. I really wanted crust on the bottom, not the side, of my torte.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:18 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My mom is at a conference for the weekend. I gave her a list of all the veg-friendly restaurants in the area, and now she is going places and eating delicious things that I want to eat, while I am stuck at home!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:24 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I forgot to buy icing sugar earlier even though I knew I wanted to make a cake and remembered I needed caster (granulated) sugar and vanilla essence. Why did I make such a mistake? Now I must walk twenty whole minutes to the convenience store! Or possibly make a cake requiring a ganache topping. Or maybe a bundt cake...

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:16 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Icing sugar is what we call powdered sugar, right? If so, you can make some by putting granulated in the food processor (sorry if you don't have one).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:24 pm 

I could do that, it's true, but I don't have a very fine sieve and I'm not confident the granules will all get ground evenly. I'm veering twards making a bundt cake now, should be okay without icing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:42 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Morning staff meeting. On my day off. Which is totally just whiny because we need to have this meeting. But after this meeting they will not like my sudden lack of flexibility.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:46 pm 

I got a haircut earlier and they used a spray bottle to damp down the fringe. I have a stupid fringe that behaves weirdly and should always be dry cut but I somehow forgot that and left feeling pleased with the cut. When I got home (after visiting two of my workplaces and several shops) I realised
1) my fringe looked pretty lopsided
2) there were lots and lots of tiny hairs stuck to the sides of my face!

I've just tried to straighten it out a bit, not sure if I've made it much better though and thought I should leave it before completely forking it up. Ho hum. At least the back looks good.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:44 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

peanut wrote:
My slice of double chocolate torte tipped over when I put it on my plate. I really wanted crust on the bottom, not the side, of my torte.

This made me laugh, peanut. You should win a thread prize.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:30 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Star wrote:
I got on a train this morning. Bought a ticket from the conductor. Got to my destination and then got fined because the conductor sold me a ticket for yesterday.

I just got a response from Northernrail about this offering me a voucher that doesn't even cover the cost of the additional tickets I had to buy. I am a seething melting pot of fury. This is my response

Hello
Regarding this issue I have received a reply from **Northenrail muppet** which I am extremely unhappy with. Firstly I am unhappy with the length of time that I have had to wait for a response, secondly I am unhappy about being sent vouchers that do not actually cover the extra money I had to pay out and thirdly I am unhappy about being sent vouchers.
I don't want vouchers that I have to use on Northernrail to get my money back, I am out of pocket due to Northernrails incompetency and defective equipment and as such I want the money back, not vouchers which force me to use your service to reclaim the money.
I expect a response within 7 days (not working days) before I pass my complaint to the Office of Rail Regulation.

On top of this I got to page 180 of my book today, it then jumped to 190 and started going backwards

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:43 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

My thesis adviser came in for like an hour at noon and then went home. Which means I have to deliver the conclusion statement I promised him electronically. I hate providing electronic copies of early drafts I always feel like people will save them to laugh at later.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:47 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I thought my boss was going to be in today, so I didn't pack the huge art project I have going.
So now I have nothing to do at work. Not even work.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:26 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I had a delicious breakfast, and came on PPK and ended up looking at the thug kitchen blog and now I'm really, really hungry again. I didn't even eat that long ago.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:36 am 
And you never will.

This is SO petty, but the one thing I wanted for Mother's Day was to sleep in. My husband was all like "no problem!" so I stayed up until 1am doing laundry and washing dishes and cleaning so that everything would be nice and tidy today. Then my kid came and woke me up at 5am. I managed to get him back to sleep by letting him get into bed with me, but then I couldn't sleep because he was tossing and turning all over the place, so I got up with him at 7am. Now it's 8:30am and my husband is still asleep in bed, as per usual. I shouldn't be so annoyed because this is pretty much like every other day around here, but my friends are posting pictures of the breakfast their husbands made them on facebook while I sit here eating oatmeal and it's making me... sad.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:59 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

poopiebitch wrote:
This is SO petty, but the one thing I wanted for Mother's Day was to sleep in. My husband was all like "no problem!" so I stayed up until 1am doing laundry and washing dishes and cleaning so that everything would be nice and tidy today. Then my kid came and woke me up at 5am. I managed to get him back to sleep by letting him get into bed with me, but then I couldn't sleep because he was tossing and turning all over the place, so I got up with him at 7am. Now it's 8:30am and my husband is still asleep in bed, as per usual. I shouldn't be so annoyed because this is pretty much like every other day around here, but my friends are posting pictures of the breakfast their husbands made them on facebook while I sit here eating oatmeal and it's making me... sad.

what?! you should definitely be so annoyed! you should be more annoyed! and you should have woken that man up at least an hour ago.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:05 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

poopiebitch wrote:

I hope you feel better now, it would certainly have irritated me. I would probably have nudged hubby with my foot until he "fell" out of bed and then got up to play!

My PSPTYHWAEPACTYP is that I keep momentarily panicking when I see its Mothers day, then realise its in March in the UK. Its happened 3 times today.

Goodreads

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:49 pm 
And you never will.

Thanks you guys. I ended up getting a nap this afternoon (which I never ever get!), so that made up for it.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:14 am 

Star wrote:

My PSPTYHWAEPACTYP is that I keep momentarily panicking when I see its Mothers day, then realise its in March in the UK. Its happened 3 times today.

Ha, I kept doing that too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149 ... 165  Next