| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3899 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 ... 156  Next
 Post subject: Re: PSPTYHWAEPACTYP thread
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:07 am 
Nooch of Earl

poopiebitch wrote:
This is SO petty, but the one thing I wanted for Mother's Day was to sleep in. My husband was all like "no problem!" so I stayed up until 1am doing laundry and washing dishes and cleaning so that everything would be nice and tidy today. Then my kid came and woke me up at 5am. I managed to get him back to sleep by letting him get into bed with me, but then I couldn't sleep because he was tossing and turning all over the place, so I got up with him at 7am. Now it's 8:30am and my husband is still asleep in bed, as per usual. I shouldn't be so annoyed because this is pretty much like every other day around here, but my friends are posting pictures of the breakfast their husbands made them on facebook while I sit here eating oatmeal and it's making me... sad.

Ugh poopie that sucks! If it makes you feel any better, my mother's day wasn't great either. I don't think my husband even remembered it WAS mother's day until I pointed out that we should call our mothers.. I feel bad being annoyed about this because husband's seasonal allergies were really bad this weekend, but when his allergies are acting up he's kind of useless..but doesn't take medicine until it's really too late to do much good, doesn't take it consistently enough, and refuses to go to the effort to get allergy shots or something. So it's mean of me, but basically we got our household goods (furniture and boxes and stuff) and I spent the entire weekend unpacking while 8 months pregnant, while he was mostly lying down and dozing off. He was very proud for "keeping v out of my hair" which meant sleeping on her bed while she watched the video I put on for her. Sigh. I eventually got "taken out" to dinner but really it was just that we needed to go to the hardware store and the two of them got hungry and we went to the food court.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:18 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I have eaten all three bags of Jolly Rancher jelly beans that I bought on sale after Easter and now I have none left and nowhere sells them in non-Easter season, AFAIK. (In my defence I have been going through some stressful times. I am not usually a big candy eater.)

A completely and totally unrelated event: my tooth with the large filling that may need a crown has started to hurt again. This is also a PSPTYHWAEPACTYP because my amazing dental plan will pay for the crown.

Jellybeans: $9
Crown for tooth: $1200

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:59 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Husband is working from home AGAIN tomorrow. Which throws off my work from home schedule in a really bad way.
And he wonders why the business is lagging.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:55 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I bought myself a prebirthday present (a new 1500 watt stand mixer to replace my 30 year old 170 watt hand mixer). I just got notification its arrived at home and I'm stuck in work for another 4 hours when all I want to do is go home and play with it.

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:22 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Happy pre-birthday, Star!

I burnt my thumb pulling toffee. Fortunately not too badly, plus I have toffees now.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:39 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

dropscone wrote:
Happy pre-birthday, Star!

I burnt my thumb pulling toffee. Fortunately not too badly, plus I have toffees now.

Thank you :-) . I hope the thumb gets better soon, the toffee will help the healing process!

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:17 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

It's finally my kind of weather here: Hot. I love it. And the moment I am comfortable, bam, central air and I am freezing (courtesy of Mr. Sz.)

I refuse to wear sweatshirts and long pants when it's finally 90 degrees out!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:01 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I bought disappointing wine yesterday. It was supposed to have a orange note. But instead it had house wine notes. I am not a wine snob, but when you promise me oranges, you had better deliver oranges.
The really whiny part in this is that I still have some left to drink tonight and I am saving the good stuff for girls night tomorrow night.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:56 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I made a cake for my birthday and a quarter of it sheered off in the fridge - I ate the bit that came off. It was nice:

Goodreads

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:00 am 
And you never will.

Whoa, tell me more about this cake! Do I see chocolate sponge, chocolate buttercream, raspberry(?) jam(??), chopped nuts (almonds and walnuts maybe?), chocolate chips, and ganache?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:09 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

There is chocolate sponge (Chloes Kitchen recipe minus the coffee), the filling is chocolate buttercream from Sweet Vegan and canned black cherry pie filling, the top and sides are a covered in a chocolate buttercream that I made up and then its covered in chopped nuts, chocolate chips and the ganache from Chloe's Kitchen. Its really tasty!

Goodreads

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:23 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I want to curl my hair today for the opening reception of a show and drinks afterward with T, but it just started raining and my hair will just go back to straight/gross if water hits it. Maybe it'll stop soon-ish? Gah, cannot wait for my hair appointment on Monday so that I have more options than just curled or up in a tight bun. It's so straggly otherwise.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:30 am 
And you never will.

Star wrote:
There is chocolate sponge (Chloes Kitchen recipe minus the coffee), the filling is chocolate buttercream from Sweet Vegan and canned black cherry pie filling, the top and sides are a covered in a chocolate buttercream that I made up and then its covered in chopped nuts, chocolate chips and the ganache from Chloe's Kitchen. Its really tasty!

Black cherry, yum! Sounds delicious. And happy birthday!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:31 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

poopiebitch wrote:
Black cherry, yum! Sounds delicious. And happy birthday!

Thank you, my birthday is officially tomorrow but I'm celebrating today and on Sunday as well

Goodreads

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:44 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Happy birthday, Star! That cake sounds great (even with the missing piece of yours).

I was really craving a Blue Sky root beer, so I stopped at the co-op near where I work to buy one. Lo and behold, they have basically every type of Blue Sky soda except root beer. I know I could've settled for another Blue Sky, or stopped at a convenience store to buy non-Blue Sky root beer, but neither of those options would do. The craving has passed, but now I really want coffee (the perfect thing to crave at 11:45 P.M.).

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:06 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I've been cranky-bored all day. I'm so bored, but I don't want to go outside, or watch tv, or read a book, or do anything. I feel like a whiny child. "There's nothing to dooooooooo."

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:10 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

lilyyw wrote:
Happy birthday, Star! That cake sounds great (even with the missing piece of yours).

Thank you. Its been a horrible day so far (although some lovely FB messages have cheered me up) but I am going to see my sister and niece in a few hours which will be brilliant.

Goodreads

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:55 pm 
Chard Martyr

I have an appointment to get my hair did but I don't feel like socializing for 2 hours! The horror!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:56 pm 
Chard Martyr

allularpunk wrote:
I want to curl my hair today for the opening reception of a show and drinks afterward with T, but it just started raining and my hair will just go back to straight/gross if water hits it. Maybe it'll stop soon-ish? Gah, cannot wait for my hair appointment on Monday so that I have more options than just curled or up in a tight bun. It's so straggly otherwise.

Hair twins!

I've been doing this lazy and probably silly-looking thing where I shove most of my hair in a messy low bun, then curl the falling out pieces so it looks like maybe I curled my whole head even though there's no way in hell I ever really did.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:44 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

Woah, that cake looks amazing, Star! Hope you had a good birthday!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

My mom is traveling almost non-stop this month, and it's expected that I'm supposed to go stay at her house and take care of her dog. I am just so sick of being over there, and I want to be at my house, with my things, and sleep in my own bed. And have the freedom to make weekend plans that don't revolve around the dog. I would much rather just bring her home with me, but then she'd have no outside access for 10+ hours, which is not an option. I don't mind taking care of her sometimes, but this is too much. I have my own life and I'm just getting really annoyed. I wish I had the freedom to say no, but I don't feel like I do. I'm just supposed to do it without complaint.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:38 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I walked past an ice cream shop with vegan salted caramel ice cream but didn't stop because I'd just had lunch and I was headed down toward where there's a TCBY, so I figured I could get froyo if I finished up what I was doing and still wanted something ice cream-ish. Which I did. But TCBY was closed! And I couldn't justify walking back to the other place.

Now all I can think about is ice cream.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:11 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

All night: can't sleep can't sleep can't sleep
Time to wake up: zzzzzzzzzzzz

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:57 pm 
Chard Martyr

I can't even believe how lost I've been without a toaster. I've practically stopped eating.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:39 am 
Nooch of Earl

I usually order the big 3.5 can of Honeywell gluten because it's easy and cheap, but they don't ship to military addresses. Now I'll have to buy a bunch of little boxes instead (I can get it at the commissary for $$$ but that means a couple-pound batch of seitan costs like >$10 to make). Tragic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3899 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 ... 156  Next