| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151 ... 173  Next
 Post subject: Re: PSPTYHWAEPACTYP thread
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:47 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

There is a wasp in my room and he won't leave! I've had the window open for half an hour and all that has done is let flies come in. Now there are multiple insects flying around my room.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:27 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I just recently hugged a member of my boy band, whom I love dearly, but they use some kind of scent product so now I'm all scentified. :(

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:31 am 
Nooch of Earl

Squirted lemon juice in eye accidentally while making tofu scramble…dying...

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:32 am 
Dead by dawn

My team placed 2nd last year in Ironman standings and won 50 guaranteed entries into the race of our choice. Arizona is the hardest race to get into (because it's the easiest course) so we picked Arizona 2015. It's going to be the biggest team event ever and I was all in until I found out that Ironman wants names committed and a $150 deposit... on Monday... for a race that is mid-November of next year. There are 100 reasons why I cannot do this. Money/joblessness, although I certainly plan to have a job by the time I actually have to register and pay the rest of the fee. Committing to a second Ironman before I've even done a first Ironman is risky. No transfers so if I take a slot and don't end up racing it, I am potentially screwing someone else out of a spot. Etc, etc... If I want in, I have to email my coach's husband in 28 minutes and it's first come, first served. Making decisions about participating in a stupidly expensive sport is the first worldiest of problems. I know I should not do this, but I know I will feel so left out come November '15 if I don't.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:36 am 
Dead by dawn

I need to put on my shoes and get out of the house now so I'm not tempted come 8:00. Not that I can't email from my phone...

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:06 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

If it were me, Mtoes, I'd do it. Though also if it were me, I'd probably just start doing bike races instead because they are waaaaaaay cheaper. ;)

My first world gripe is that my paycheck is late. My boss has been having a tough time lately because his father passed away last month, and so he was away helping his mother get things sorted at the time of the month when he usually sends my check, and it slipped his mind to get it sent out. No big deal if it's a few days late, but he forgot and thought he'd sent it already when he got back. He realized the issue, apologized profusely, and got it sent out via courier for delivery by 9:00 am today. At 9:45, I check in with the office to see what's up, and they call the courier. Apparently, there's been a mechanical issue with the plane it was supposed to be on yesterday night, so it's not getting delivered today. This is a bummer because I am going away for the weekend and am now going to have to put everything on my credit card, having already transferred money from savings to pay bills on time. Not being able to transfer money between American and Canadian accounts sucks balls.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:47 pm 
And you never will.

I have so many things that I should really be looking forward to over the next few days (A party with an open bar and catered vegan food! A BBQ at a vegan friend's house! Going to see Eddie Izzard! And Morrissey!!!) but it's making me feel super overwhelmed and I kind of just want to crawl into bed and hide until Wednesday. But I have baking orders that I have to fill too, so even when I'm not doing the social thing I'll be working and can't just relax. I have 5 dozen cupcakes and two dozen brownies and a layer cake and a pie to make for tomorrow but I haven't even started on it yet because I'm freaking out. Ugh.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:54 pm 
Dead by dawn

Oh god, there are still 6 slots open. A tiny little part of me, that is really not so tiny, is hoping someone will peer pressure me into taking one. The responsible part is hoping 6 teammates claim those spots before I cave.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:18 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Just do it, m-toes!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:29 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

Do it! Only live once, carpe diem and so on.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:55 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Seriously, mt. What are you waiting for?!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:12 pm 
Dead by dawn

I was waiting for 50 other people to sign up! Temptation averted. I will go down there with the group and cheer everyone on.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:16 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I was making roasted pepper hummus and it didn't seem very garlicky so I added one more clove and WHAM! It's the garlicest thing ever! I've cleaned my teeth five times and brushed my tongue and still that's the only thing I can taste!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:11 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Sometimes when I eat bell peppers, my face gets all tingly and I feel weird and gross. But other times I eat them and I'm absolutely fine. So I just keep eating them because, hey, maybe this will be one of the okay times! And then most of the time I end up regretting it. I almost wish I had the reaction every single time, so I could convince myself that I should just never eat bell peppers again.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:48 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I started baking too late, now it's quarter to 1 and I'm trying to decide the best thing to do with my still-warm cake so that spiders don't poop on it, but that it doesn't get soggified by condensation . I originally planned to bake, cool and then store overnight all in the toaster oven since the oven itself cools quickly, now I'm not sure whether to close the door and risk residual steam or leave the door open...

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:55 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Err, uh. Why is spiders pooping on your cake a possibility?

If I have nightmares about giant pooping spiders, it's all your fault!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:23 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I have never seen a spider poop, but I don't go looking! What else would happen to all the digested insects? I assume spider poop would be a possibility if I left the cake to cool in the open as I saw a biggish spider earlier this evening.

I solved the problem (I hope!) by putting a folded teatowel in the top of the oven door so it's just open a tiny fraction.

Now I can't sleep. Brain too busy thinking about cake.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:40 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Something exciting may have happened in Andromeda which means we may have to point the telescope at it. But I have a thesis meeting today which has now been delayed, but not rescheduled because of it so I am stuck in the office indefinitely.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:41 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

This thread just made me google spider poop.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:56 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

#GRBm31 for anyone else interested in possible gamma ray burst in the Andromeda Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:05 am 
Nooch of Earl

Our water delivery got set up, and the cooler only has cold and room temperature taps, not hot. Tea isn't going to make itself.

?!?!?!?!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:24 am 
Chip Strong

I'm graduating Fall quarter, so I've been debating whether or not to sign a year lease, since I'm still not 100% sure if I'll stay up here or move home to save up money for a while. Not know has been majorly stressing me out, but I found a sublease in a house close to campus that seems like it'll be perfect for Fall quarter. Now though I'm stressing out because what if I sign the lease for Fall quarter and then find my own place I like better?! I just can't win.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:36 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I have no chocolate. How did this happen? My work supply ran out and I have a giant craving! I could go downstairs to the convenience store and get some but...I have to leave for court in 5-10 minutes anyway. I have to wait until after work to go get it from the store. Ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:10 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Prior to starting a new job at very short notice I was working barely enough hours to cover basics, so very few new clothes and those I bought were quite casual as that was appropriate to the job. In my new job we've been told to wear clothes appropriate to a building site for the next two weeks, but are not allowed to wear jeans! Add in that I really struggle to find clothes I like that fit but are smart too. It's quite annoying.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:50 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I meant to say, they're supposed to be smart clothes. That we can wear to a building site. Which we are unlikely to have to visit, but if we do we won't know which day we're going. Maybe this shoukd go in the annoying co-worker thread.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151 ... 173  Next