| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 166  Next
 Post subject: Re: PSPTYHWAEPACTYP thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:36 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Talkin' on public transport... I am pissed over the attitudes of people visiting here for the Commonwealth Games. Sitting opposite people on the train moaning their heids aff about wah wah wah, why doesn't this train go straight to the stadium? Why doesn't it leave already? Why is it stopping at 3 points along the way? Surely the whole point is to take us to the SPORTS? Why is it wasting our time?

BECAUSE IT'S A GODDAMN COMMUTER TRAIN, YEH FANNIES! It may have escaped your wee attention spans, but it's also taking people HOME. AFTER THEIR SHITTY 8 HOURS AT WORK. So you, sitting there, bemoaning the fact that it's taking a full-on 10 minutes to get from Central Station to the wee place that the stadium is in, IS NOT SO MUCH OF A CONCERN IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS. In sum: GEROFF MA TRAIN!!

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:59 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I wanted to make cauliflower with dinner, but when I got to it it smelled really hideous! So I threw it out in the rain until I could go get the green bin, and when I went back out it didn't smell hideous anymore. But dinner was long over.

Cauliflower based emotional turmoil - who would have thought.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:54 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

interrobang?! wrote:
Talkin' on public transport... I am pissed over the attitudes of people visiting here for the Commonwealth Games. Sitting opposite people on the train moaning their heids aff about wah wah wah, why doesn't this train go straight to the stadium? Why doesn't it leave already? Why is it stopping at 3 points along the way? Surely the whole point is to take us to the SPORTS? Why is it wasting our time?

Yes, this was me during the Vancouver olympics. I mean the city spent gazillions of dollars creating this train when they should have been putting it into homelessness and you have the audacity to COMPLAIN?!?! Go away.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:31 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

It's 8:30 pm here and the casserole I just put in the oven is going to take 90 MINUTES. Waaaaah.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:24 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm trying to watch physics videos on the new tv I got for that purpose, but airplay keeps stopping because the internet upstairs sucks. We have a stupid metal column downstairs and it doesn't play nicely with our wireless.

Also, Molly keeps whapping me in the face with her tail. It's annoying and makes me sneeze. I threatened to snip her tail off but she just gave me her look and whapped me again. Parrots just don't fall for empty threats.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:26 am 
Keepin' It Seal

I tripped and skinned my knee this morning on the way to the beach today. Now my knee is a bit achey and I got a slight sunburn so my shoulders feel hot and tender.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:56 am 
Nooch of Earl

Neighbor is playing moonlight sonata, on a synthesizer, in the wrong key.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:53 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

This is such a nothing but at the same time...

My bff got a new job so I never get to see her any more. I think it sucks so badly because it points out to me how narrow my real world is. And that makes me sad.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:46 pm 

kfad wrote:
This is such a nothing but at the same time...

My bff got a new job so I never get to see her any more. I think it sucks so badly because it points out to me how narrow my real world is. And that makes me sad.

My BFF got a new job and not only do I not see her, I am crazy jealous of said job. So I also kind of resent her, and that makes me ultra lame.

So, yanno, hugs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:48 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I can't decide if I should drop a class for the fall or not. I'd be full time either way, and it doesn't satisfy any requirements (I had signed up for it in case my petition to have my undergrad research count towards upper electives didn't get approved, but it did). I'm kind of blah about the class, and only choose it because it literally was the only one that would fit in with my schedule that would satisfy the upper electives (but, again, that's now satisfied by research).

I want to drop it so I'll have more time for research, work and volunteering this fall, but I'm worried about that being viewed poorly by potential grad schools. I've always taken at least 15 credits/quarter (full time is 10, but was 12), and aside from summer, this past year I've taken 18 (max you can take without getting extra fees). Hopefully any admissions committee would see I've always taken a full load except for my last quarter, and that I spent that extra time productively?

ugh. I'll go talk to a department counselor Monday, but I guarantee they will be like, "Oh, that's fine!", because that is always what they say when you ask them a question....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:56 pm 
Dead by dawn

It is far too cold on this bus. It's summer; people are wearing summer clothes. Enough with the air conditioning already!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:27 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Ugh, I have a new pstthjeof

Pay day is the 10th and 25th of each month, except when those dates fall on a weekend, then it's the Friday before. Except apparently that's only when it's a Saturday, because I just checked my income statement on my employee page, and my pay isn't getting deposited until the 11th since the 10th is a Sunday. Boooooooo.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:12 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I got my hair cut at the barbers this afternoon. Cost me all of £5 (plus tip!) so it's not the fanciest service and although they did their best to brush off the cut hairs I think there must still be little bits on my neck because they feel all prickly. But it's 2am. I don't feel like showering at 2am! Why did I not think of doing it earlier?

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:18 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

The hummus I bought yesterday is not as good as the kind I usually buy. It's more watery? Not bad enough to keep me from eating it, but still.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:31 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Butternut wrote:
The hummus I bought yesterday is not as good as the kind I usually buy. It's more watery? Not bad enough to keep me from eating it, but still.

Sorry about your hummus, but this made me laugh.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:47 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I got a phishing email this morning, I forwarded it to the security emails of all the banks I use then reported it as phishing on gmail, but it marked the whole conversation as phishing (including all the ones I sent to the banks). I went into the spam folder and unreported it as spam but I have a sneaking suspicion that I might get marked as a fraudster.
I then went on my laptop, deleted all the forwarded emails and reported just the phishing email as phishing, thankfully when I did this I got a notice saying they receive the whole conversation and their team analyse it (so hopefully they will realise I'm not a phisher). Damn phishing emails

π

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:33 am 

Denied! We'd just managed to fill the car with years of collected recyclable stuff (....NatureBoy is not as committed to getting rid of useless crepe as I am) and were ready to go when he thought to double check the recycling center's hours. We missed their closing by 15 minutes (30 by the time we would have reached them). Damn. Emptying a car of crepe into the shed isn't nearly as satisfying as emptying it into a giant recycling center.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:54 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I have two:

1. I can't decide where to go on the last stop of my trip to Europe (this is an uber, uber trivial first world problem).

2. All my friends are recovering from surgery/injuries and on painkillers, so no one can go for a drink with me. Bah.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:55 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

You could go visit them with ingredients for a fun mocktail.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:13 am 

jopa: Are the lowlands already on your list? Gent (Belgium) and The Hague/Rotterdam (NL) are both delicious vegan cities. Amsterdam is getting more vegan stuff all the time, too. (Plus, meetup!)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:06 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

lutin wrote:
jopa: Are the lowlands already on your list? Gent (Belgium) and The Hague/Rotterdam (NL) are both delicious vegan cities. Amsterdam is getting more vegan stuff all the time, too. (Plus, meetup!)

I approve of this comment!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:18 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I don't think it's in the cards this trip. I wanted to try and hit Belgium (a cycling teammate moved there earlier this year - Leuven), but it just doesn't work all that well with the rest of my trip and flight home. I'll just have to come back some time!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:57 am 
Nailed to the V

The most fun weekend of the year at work just happened (The Great Taste of the Midwest festival in Madison), and now it's over and I have nothing immediate to look forward to.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:16 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I am having some major revelations about dating/relationships/stupid choices I've made and and I don't have a therapy appointment until next week!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:32 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

In three hours I leave to go to an outdoor music festival for 4 days and it's raining and raining and raining. We will be camping. I am not amused.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 166  Next