| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166 ... 168  Next
 Post subject: Re: PSPTYHWAEPACTYP thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:19 am 
Nooch of Earl

CQ, me too the last few weeks! I mean, technically I have time, it's more like it's too much effort to load the kids into the car, lock up the house (ridiculous here), and take the car out just for ONE thing. Wah. I have a tub of mixed strawberry and banana gelato, but no cornettos or chocolate-hazelnut gelato. Horror!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:31 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

annak wrote:
CQ, me too the last few weeks! I mean, technically I have time, it's more like it's too much effort to load the kids into the car, lock up the house (ridiculous here), and take the car out just for ONE thing. Wah. I have a tub of mixed strawberry and banana gelato, but no cornettos or chocolate-hazelnut gelato. Horror!

Last night I was at a party where there was chocolate pudding pie, coconut sorbet, and pomegranate chocolate chip gelato. All vegan. You best believe I ate two platefuls of all that!

And...then regretted it later when I couldn't sleep all night. :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:15 am 
Nailed to the V

choirqueer, you have excellent taste in parties.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:08 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Special prescription food may be helping the cat's diabetes, but it's sure made his dumps stink.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:21 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

My favorite shoes are now (after a year of wearing them) making my foot go numb.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:11 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I went outside in the yard barefoot and I must have stepped on some kind of wasp or something and got stung on the bottom of my foot, twice. And it really hurts! And it was dark out, so I couldn't see what stung me and it probably was something horribly venomous and I'm going to die now. And I have to go to a wedding and reception tomorrow that will last several hours, and if my foot is hurting the whole time, it is not going to be fun. Whine whine whine.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:14 am 
Discovered unobtainium

At least black widows usually are off the ground.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:41 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Omg I was awake all night thinking, "What if it was a black widow?!" And then I got up this morning and started vomiting uncontrollably. Not sure if that was related to the sting/bite or not. Now I'm too terrified to eat anything, because I have to leave for the wedding in an hour or so and I'm afraid that if I eat I'll puke in the church.

And I got a splinter in my other foot and I can't get it out. So I have the left foot hurting from the sting and the right foot hurting from the splinter. Today is not turning out to be a good day for me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:08 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Ack. I'm sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:06 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Omg I was awake all night thinking, "What if it was a black widow?!" And then I got up this morning and started vomiting uncontrollably. Not sure if that was related to the sting/bite or not. Now I'm too terrified to eat anything, because I have to leave for the wedding in an hour or so and I'm afraid that if I eat I'll puke in the church.

And I got a splinter in my other foot and I can't get it out. So I have the left foot hurting from the sting and the right foot hurting from the splinter. Today is not turning out to be a good day for me.

Is it swollen? Hot to the touch?

I'm pretty sure every internet search with "I got stung by something unidentified and now I'm projectile vomiting" would tell you to get to the hospital asap. I had to leave a huge work event on my last day of work that I was in charge of to go to the ER for a bite (and everyone understood), so make sure you come first!

Take care of yourself and I hope it turns out to just be random! xo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:30 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thank you! I'm fine! I stopped vomiting so I went to the wedding. I sat in the last pew at the back, so I could leave quickly if I needed to, but I was fine. And by the time they served the food at the reception I was feeling well enough to eat a bit. So it wasn't so bad. And my foot looks a lot better. It's just really annoyingly itchy now. My mom went out and looked around the yard and saw some ground hornets, so I'm sure that's what stung me. Little forkers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:04 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I didn't think to get cereal at the store when I was there earlier, and now I'm hungry and would like some!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:33 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I couldn't decide if I wanted something hot or cold, so I made hot tea and a cup of ice cream. Now my teeth hurt from eating ice cream and following it too closely with hot tea. Boo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:05 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Worst heartburn/acid reflux ever. No more habanero hot sauce for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:41 pm 
Chip Strong

I'm now beginning the rebound insomnia phase of my tapering from sleeping pills. Ugh, I'm in that so sleep deprived that every little muscles hurts, like a bad flu, state, and I just want to curl up and eat donuts, now that the barfiness is not so bad.

It's all for the greater good, and I've dealt with much more difficult withdrawal symptoms. I ended a 5 year sleeping pill addiction 7 years ago, and this is a walk in the park by comparison. But, ah, I'm seven years older and in not such great physical condition, so there's that. In a few weeks I'll feel so much better, than I did taking the pills.

Sorry, I just felt like whingeing, and this seemed the appropriate thread.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:02 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Just spent 60 minutes getting transferred to various CRA (the Canadian version of the IRS) offices with everyone giving me different information. GAH.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:40 pm 
And you never will.

It feels like there's something in my eye, but I can't see anything when I look, so it just carries on hurting and it's annoooooyyyyyyiiiiing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:56 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Of course it rained today. I washed my car yesterday after a month of not washing it. Of course it had to rain.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:43 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

poopiebitch wrote:
It feels like there's something in my eye, but I can't see anything when I look, so it just carries on hurting and it's annoooooyyyyyyiiiiing.

That sounds like it could be blepharitis. . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blepharitis? I had that a few months ago, and it was really annoying, but it cleared up really quickly with antibiotics.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:24 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

lobsteriffic wrote:
Just spent 60 minutes getting transferred to various CRA (the Canadian version of the IRS) offices with everyone giving me different information. GAH.

This was my experience with the VA today. That is one forked up phone tree they have over there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:31 am 
And you never will.

lilyyw wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:

That sounds like it could be blepharitis. . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blepharitis? I had that a few months ago, and it was really annoying, but it cleared up really quickly with antibiotics.

Ack! Thanks for the info! It still hasn't stopped, so I will keep this info in mind in case it doesn't go away.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:22 am 

I am incapable of not eating at least half a huge watermelon every time I cut one up. Do people seriously only eat one or two pieces? It's so delicious! And thirst=quenching! My late summer watermelon habit is out of control.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:15 am 
Dead by dawn

Argh... starting my morning on an angry note. We have ongoing problems with neighbors and their guests parking in our driveway. There's a walkway leading off the driveway to six homes and some douchebag who does not belong in our driveway to begin with parked across the opening to the walkway. I'm small enough to squeeze through but a larger person might not be. Or someone carrying an infant in a carrier like one of my neighbors might need to. Or someone carrying in their groceries like any of us might need to. What kind of flaming crasshole thinks that's an OK place to park their (temptingly bright shiny new) car. I guess my PSP... is that I am not a vandal and I manage to respect people's property even when they don't respect mine. Or they'd have a nice set of key marks down the side of their pretty red car.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:35 am 

I live in a university town, the students are back, and their backpacks and indecisiveness and loitering are ruining my serene farmers' market experience. Get off my lawn and get your grubby paws away from my chanterelles!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:41 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I just inherited a waffle iron (I'd been looking for one for months, and stupid gadgets that LOOK like waffle irons but are actually "donut makers" or whatever have taken over the stately waffle iron's place on store shelves, apparently), and I have no maple syrup.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166 ... 168  Next