| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:32 pm 
Grandfathered In
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:41 pm
Posts: 9177
Location: Seattle
jdfunks wrote:
SCHEDULE!! http://vidavegancon.com/2011/08/13/it-i ... -schedule/

Note: only the following have recommended, advanced sign up:
writer's block with isa
photography workshop
podcasting workshop
cooking demos: http://vidavegancon.com/2011/08/11/vida ... the-pearl/


p.s. footface, I have a reply 3/4 written to ya - it's coming! : )


Excitement!

_________________
Did somebody say Keep on rockin?


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:10 pm 
Inflexitarian
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm
Posts: 762
Location: City of Subdued Excitement
FootFace wrote:
katiejayne wrote:
I'm in! I will be eating multiple meals at multiple places throughout the weekend.


How are you getting there?

I'm driving. I'm not sure when I'm leaving or coming back, but would you like a ride?

_________________
I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:48 pm 
Grandfathered In
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:41 pm
Posts: 9177
Location: Seattle
I'd like a ride if you're leaving for Portland on Friday and coming back on Sunday!

(I only have a place to stay on Friday and Saturday.)

Let me know before I have to buy train tickets!

_________________
Did somebody say Keep on rockin?


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:51 pm 
Inflexitarian
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm
Posts: 762
Location: City of Subdued Excitement
FootFace wrote:
I'd like a ride if you're leaving for Portland on Friday and coming back on Sunday!

(I only have a place to stay on Friday and Saturday.)

Let me know before I have to buy train tickets!

I think I'm heading down on Thursday but I will be coming back on Sunday. Do you need to be back by a certain time on Sunday (Would I have time for two breakfasts somewhere)?

_________________
I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:17 pm 
Dead by dawn
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 7443
Location: Seattle
katiejayne wrote:
(Would I have time for two breakfasts somewhere)?

I don't know why I'm even reading this thread since I'm not going (I'll be in Portland the following weekend for a race, if anyone cares...) BUT. This is what I love about you, kj. :)

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:42 pm 
Grandfathered In
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:41 pm
Posts: 9177
Location: Seattle
katiejayne wrote:
FootFace wrote:
I'd like a ride if you're leaving for Portland on Friday and coming back on Sunday!

(I only have a place to stay on Friday and Saturday.)

Let me know before I have to buy train tickets!

I think I'm heading down on Thursday but I will be coming back on Sunday. Do you need to be back by a certain time on Sunday (Would I have time for two breakfasts somewhere)?


No, I don't need to be back anytime special on Sunday. But the last of the festivities go on until 5:00ish.

So maybe I can drive back north with you on Sunday?

_________________
Did somebody say Keep on rockin?


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:22 pm 
Inflexitarian
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm
Posts: 762
Location: City of Subdued Excitement
FootFace wrote:
katiejayne wrote:
FootFace wrote:
I'd like a ride if you're leaving for Portland on Friday and coming back on Sunday!

(I only have a place to stay on Friday and Saturday.)

Let me know before I have to buy train tickets!

I think I'm heading down on Thursday but I will be coming back on Sunday. Do you need to be back by a certain time on Sunday (Would I have time for two breakfasts somewhere)?


No, I don't need to be back anytime special on Sunday. But the last of the festivities go on until 5:00ish.

So maybe I can drive back north with you on Sunday?

That should work! It looks like your panel is on Sunday late afternoon, I would like to leave at 5. That way I should be back in Bellingham at 10pm. Just enough time to go to bed and then go to work in the morning!

monkeytoes wrote:
katiejayne wrote:
(Would I have time for two breakfasts somewhere)?

I don't know why I'm even reading this thread since I'm not going (I'll be in Portland the following weekend for a race, if anyone cares...) BUT. This is what I love about you, kj. :)

<3 <3 <3

_________________
I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:48 pm 
Grandfathered In
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:41 pm
Posts: 9177
Location: Seattle
katiejayne wrote:
That should work! It looks like your panel is on Sunday late afternoon, I would like to leave at 5. That way I should be back in Bellingham at 10pm. Just enough time to go to bed and then go to work in the morning!


But someone's giving some wrap-up speech at 5:00. Isa Chandler Someone? Anyway, we'll see how it works out.

_________________
Did somebody say Keep on rockin?


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:35 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:54 pm
Posts: 243
Chris and I plan to eat so much! You guys will know it's us if you see a couple with leftover bits of brunch and chocolate on their faces and shirts.

_________________
Food for Lovers
Superfood Salsa

"One day you'll see, when tofu takes over the world because tofu can be anything it wants to be!" -bekki


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:19 am 
Inflexitarian
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm
Posts: 762
Location: City of Subdued Excitement
FootFace wrote:
katiejayne wrote:
That should work! It looks like your panel is on Sunday late afternoon, I would like to leave at 5. That way I should be back in Bellingham at 10pm. Just enough time to go to bed and then go to work in the morning!


But someone's giving some wrap-up speech at 5:00. Isa Chandler Someone? Anyway, we'll see how it works out.

I am pondering taking Monday off work. I don't work at my new job until Thursday, I'll run it by them and see how it goes. If I can have Monday off I can leave whenever and stay in Seattle at my parents' house.

_________________
I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:43 am 
Grandfathered In
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:41 pm
Posts: 9177
Location: Seattle
That would be convenient! (For me.)

_________________
Did somebody say Keep on rockin?


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:16 am 
Inflexitarian
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm
Posts: 762
Location: City of Subdued Excitement
FootFace wrote:
That would be convenient! (For me.)

And for me! I don't want to get home late and go to work. Work schmurck.

_________________
I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:59 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 3650
Location: Portland, OR
Just in case... http://vidavegancon.com/2011/08/14/work ... -up-folks/

_________________
comesconewithme.com
& @jdfunks on that thing


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:25 am 
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 6646
Location: bindlestiff
This is barely related. Is the Hawthorne bridge crossable on foot? I'm working on some maps to help me get around.

_________________
Whoopie pies are always a good idea. ---P. bisque

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:48 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 3650
Location: Portland, OR
yes!

_________________
comesconewithme.com
& @jdfunks on that thing


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:48 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 3650
Location: Portland, OR
how did you know I have a big box of citywide maps under my desk, btw?

_________________
comesconewithme.com
& @jdfunks on that thing


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:04 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 6646
Location: bindlestiff
I like to know where I am going. Mapping it all out. To the wafflery! To Zelda!

_________________
Whoopie pies are always a good idea. ---P. bisque

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:54 pm 
Grandfathered In
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:41 pm
Posts: 9177
Location: Seattle
Who's going and staying in the dorm?

_________________
Did somebody say Keep on rockin?


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:45 am 
ol' garly cooch
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:41 pm
Posts: 2826
Location: Kashyyyk
I think Mo and I have a room in the dorm. I can't remember if it is in the dorm or in the hotel. I just want to know what I should bring to wear. The last time I was in the Pacific NW was 11 years ago. Does it get cold? Jeans or shorts? Scuba gear?

_________________
I'm not dead, just sick.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:50 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 am
Posts: 6851
Location: Portland
Erika and I are staying in the dorms for two nights, I believe.

_________________
If you spit on my food I will blow your forking head off, you filthy shitdog. - Mumbles
I can tell you this - no mother hubbard is going to tell me where to pee. - Vantine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:51 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:15 pm
Posts: 2191
jewbacca wrote:
I think Mo and I have a room in the dorm. I can't remember if it is in the dorm or in the hotel. I just want to know what I should bring to wear. The last time I was in the Pacific NW was 11 years ago. Does it get cold? Jeans or shorts? Scuba gear?


Jeans AND shorts. T-shirts and hoodies. Basically the weather could be anything. (I mean, I doubt it will be super cold, but it could very well be hoodie weather. It could also be super hot.)

_________________
"No one with hair so soft and glossy could ever be bad at anything." - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:59 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:31 pm
Posts: 2024
Location: Austin, TX
strawberryrock wrote:
jewbacca wrote:
I think Mo and I have a room in the dorm. I can't remember if it is in the dorm or in the hotel. I just want to know what I should bring to wear. The last time I was in the Pacific NW was 11 years ago. Does it get cold? Jeans or shorts? Scuba gear?


Jeans AND shorts. T-shirts and hoodies. Basically the weather could be anything. (I mean, I doubt it will be super cold, but it could very well be hoodie weather. It could also be super hot.)


There is a night where we dress up too! The The Vida Vegan Galarama!

_________________
blarg Lazy Smurf's Guide to Life
twitter @veganLazySmurf
Pinterest


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:02 am 
ol' garly cooch
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:41 pm
Posts: 2826
Location: Kashyyyk
Oh I have my little black dress, and thanks to you awesome peeps I also have vegan shoes. I'm just thinking for everything else. I can't go wrong with layers, right?

_________________
I'm not dead, just sick.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:04 am 
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 6646
Location: bindlestiff
LazySmurf wrote:
There is a night where we dress up too! The The Vida Vegan Galarama!

I didn't know you were coming as well. Exciting.

_________________
Whoopie pies are always a good idea. ---P. bisque

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:38 am 
Naked Under Apron
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:09 am
Posts: 1750
Location: New Portleans
It's cool/cold here until around 1pm, then cools down again around 7. You prolly don't need a jacket, but it couldn't hurt. But hoodies, cardigans, tights and socks will help. Look at weather.com by the hour to get the idea.

xo
kittee

_________________
Cake Maker to the Stars

pakupaku
XGFX: Vegan Gluten-Free Stuff
"Stupid society. I'm gonna go put on bikini kill."~Susie Tofu Monster
"Kittee is wise. Listen to Kittee."~Aruna--> the PPKr currently known as mumbaikar

Top
 Profile WWW  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Invictus and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer