| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14057 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 439, 440, 441, 442, 443, 444, 445 ... 563  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:16 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I'm going to eat a bowl of pho the size of my torso.

I continue to make progress on the six thousand projects I have that are due in the next two weeks. Only one of them is going to be done to my standards, but I think all of them will at least be done.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:28 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I circulated anonymous feedback forms/surveys to my tenth graders today because I was really disappointed with how our last unit turned out, so I wanted to figure out what I could fix. The results have been illuminating--I've had some good feedback and some feedback that validated my feelings that part of why the unit suffered was just students being jackasses (and an impressive number of self-aware jackasses owning up to it). But I also got some really adorable comments that made me feel warm and fuzzy. Some of them had really sweet things to say about me, the unit, and the class as a whole. That made me feel awfully good.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:40 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:00 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I've just enrolled in the fourth module of my MA!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:02 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

And it's sunny! And the cider I'd been quietly in denial about and drinking anyway is not only vegan but only 144 calories a pint! That means I can have six, according to the bad practices encouraged by being overly literal when counting calories!

Don't worry, I won't though.

YAAAAY.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:05 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Adam Crisis wrote:

SO GREAT.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:39 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Recently our dog Stevie Wonder learned how to play fetch - just out of nowhere! - and it is awesome and fun. Then, all of a sudden, two days ago our littlest dog Snoopy learned how to play fetch! I think he must have been watching Stevie! So, I bought him his very own tiny ball and he LOVES it. When you play fetch with him, his joy and enthusiasm are about 10 steps ahead of him, so is completely spazzy* with joy and jumps and squirms WHILE also running. It is pretty much the most adorable thing that ever happened anywhere. I will try to make a video for you.

*I hope it's okay to use this word. No offense!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:06 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I accepted a job!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:20 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

ameyfm wrote:
Recently our dog Stevie Wonder learned how to play fetch - just out of nowhere! - and it is awesome and fun. Then, all of a sudden, two days ago our littlest dog Snoopy learned how to play fetch!...I will try to make a video for you.

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:46 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Adam Crisis wrote:

Hahahah this is amazing.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:32 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I was dreading class today but the kid I'm mentoring made it better. Then when I rode my bike home, jdfunks made me a delicious mint chocolate milkshake.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:27 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Finished one of my two big group projects. Our presentation went really well, and our project, while not perfect, is pretty good.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:55 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Finished collecting round 1 of data for an experiment. Also, it's almost tomorrow! Which means it's almost time to hang with buuuuuuun

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:18 pm 
Married to the wolfman

So I participated in a competition that was supposed to end on Tuesday night, right? To win the competition, one needs to be in the top 100. At the end time on Tuesday, I was #85 (the top 60 all had perfect scores, so I feel okay about my position).

Then, at the last minute, the organization running the competition extended the deadline. No explanation why, but they extended it until tonight. I was in total despair about this because I figured there was no way I was going to hang on to a spot in the top 100 with 3 more days worth of competitors.

Guess what? It just closed for realsies, and I'm number 99. I'm the (second) worst of the best! But I'll take that!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:57 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

fupapack wrote:
I accepted a job!

Yay!

And ameyfm that sounds ridiculously adorable!

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:06 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Yay C&S!

So, a couple months ago I won a state-wide student poetry award, and last night was the reading associated with it. According to audience members, I forking rocked it. Also though, after the first poem I stopped feeling like I was going to vomit for nerves and it was actually really, really fun.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:01 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I met my friends' amazing new baby yesterday. We cuddled and he pooped a lot and he was wonderful and I love him. (He is seriously, oh my god, fantastic! And my friends seem to be doing great at parenting, in a way that makes me think that my partner and i could do great at parenting.)
While I am not excited about the event itself, I am going to my partner's sister's (second in the span ofa week) baby shower, and I am guessing my little baby niece - who I also LOVE -will be there. I should clarify that I am not excited because it is a weird gender-segregated party where we're supposed to do "womanly" stuff & I'm not sure what that means. But i am excited about my soon-to-be-born niece, no doubt.

Anyhow, the takeaway is that i am auntie to the world's best babies.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:23 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I've had crushing anxiety and depression today but hauled myself out the door to go for dinner at one of our favourite spots. It was beautiful and the meal was delicious (plantain and hot sauce starter and Malayasian open faced roti). Then on the walk home, someone yelled, "Hello, beautiful couple!" from a car and I turned and it is my favourite lady from the Indian food stall in the market. I call her my Indian Auntie to her and she loves it. She loves us. It made me feel a little hopeful and happy.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:56 pm 
Naked Under Apron

my partner and i spent pretty much all day on the couch (well, besides going out to take julie for walks). it's been a day of netflix movies, internets and cuddle puddles with the kittehs and juliebeans. it's the best day, fo 'sho!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:54 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Everything! I went to yoga with a friend this morning, then got a yummy smoothie and a cookie, then did a bit of shopping with a store credit that I've had for-freaking-ever and got an awesome meditation cushion! Then I went to Planet Organic and they were offering 10% off your order, because it's their birthday or something. And I spent a couple of hours this afternoon walking around in the beautiful sunshine and sitting in the sun by the water. And tonight, I had delicious sushi for supper and took my roommate's dog for a long walk and then another shorter walk later. It was just an awesome day. I just walked around smiling the whole time. I spent most of it on my own, and I loved it.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:06 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Yesterday mother in law took me birthday shopping and it was just a nice day and I got a couple new shirts and an adorable dress and I bought myself some much needed bras and layering tanks.

Today the best part was my grandfather agreeing to go to the hospital. I knew he hadn't been great around Easter but it sounded like just a cold, but yesterday afternoon it became apparent that something bad is up. And he is one of these people that has never been more sick than having the flu, so he's super stubborn about going to the doctor.

But between my dad, uncle, grandmother and I, we convinced him it was time to go to the hospital. They ended up finding his heartbeat was irregular and then blood work showed low red cell count. So they admitted him and started him on transfusions. The last I heard was that there's some internal bleeding and they're guessing it is in the bowel or intestines.

So I'm nervous and stressed out but at least he's at the hospital.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:52 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Ate a gigantic bowl of beans and rice. After having been too stressed to manage more than one meal a day discontinuously without gagging this week, this is super excite. And delicious! Also Skyped Boyfiend for 4 hours and passed my astronomy oral. Today has been good day in general.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:08 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Really nice 6 mile hike with my family today in a nearby state park. It was supposed to be hot today so we changed destinations at the last minute and ended up going to a redwood forest near home because we knew it would at least be cool in there... it was actually *cold* at some points in the hike, but overall we made the right decision.

It was so good to get out in the sunshine and nature and crepe.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:52 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Hung out with bun in A'dam (and randomly met another PPKer whose 'new' username I don't know; she was amsterdamaged on the old boards). Bought dresses, ate Ethiopianian noms, blushed a lot about my crushes. EPIC shenanigans on the trains (those probably belong in the worst day thread), but bun-lutin time was great!

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:41 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I can now add "repairing hundred year old sewing machines with things I got out of the cupboard" to my list of limited-use skills.

Reply to topic  [ 14057 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 439, 440, 441, 442, 443, 444, 445 ... 563  Next