| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 430, 431, 432, 433, 434, 435, 436 ... 616  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:16 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

missmuffcake wrote:
i got approved for a amazon credit card - i know bad. i feel guilty - however next month with the first bill i will be able to pay the whole amount off! i needed to buy some awesome bday gifts for the boyfriend & since Mar's vet bill and new diet kinda put a funk in my bank account I do not want to stress.

can i justify no stress with a credit card? is it like no stress > stress? i have enough to worry about. i know gifts are like a first world problem but when it comes to gifts i really like spoiling him (he does the same for me)...it makes up for a crappy family.

I think just so you remember to set aside money to pay for it, there's no need to stress. My problem was always double spending my money.

Congrats, Zelavie!!! So glad you'll get to move back closer to home!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:17 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

zelavie wrote:
I got the job I interviewed for! I'll start there on the 27th, so I have just under 3 weeks to pack everything I own and move 7 hours away (back to many of the people I love the most in the world). I am SO stinking excited!

I just got so excited for you! Great news.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:55 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

seitanicverses wrote:
I managed to erupt the blackhead on my nose that's been there for like two months. Right in the centre of my nose, too, like the divining Gods couldn't have put a blemish any more central on my nose than this and when I crossed my eyes, I could see the damn thing, it was HAUNTING ME. People, you don't know. It's the last thing I saw when going to sleep at night, the first thing I saw when waking up in the morning. So anyway, after scraping at it in frustration a couple of days ago to just disturb the covering skin and get it to erupt, it finally did and removing the white little core of it yesterday was SO SATISFYING. You don't know. And now I have a pinpoint blood spot on my nose where the blackhead was, but believe me, I'm better off. RIP, you tricky mustard. And don't come back.

Next time mix a pinch of sea salt and a drop of water, apply it to pesky black head and let it sit. if you feel of with a band aid over it - do it over night. in the morning gently squeeze once the ban aid is removed....it gets everything out!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:40 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Or just do what I do have just have an entre nose full of blackheads, that way one in particular won't stand out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:44 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Paloma wrote:
geeksweetheart wrote:
I love making my own kimchi! Are you fermenting it or quick pickle? I've done fermented before and I love it. That was pregan though, what do you use in place of fish sauce?

It's the Fast Lane Kimchi recipe from Vegan Eats World. The ingredients - asides from the vegetables - are rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, gochugaru, roasted sesame seeds and agave nectar.

Paloma, you live in the Netherlands, right? Where did you find gochugaru? So far, I haven't found it in Amsterdam.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:49 am 
WRETCHED

missmuffcake wrote:
i got approved for a amazon credit card - i know bad. i feel guilty - however next month with the first bill i will be able to pay the whole amount off! i needed to buy some awesome bday gifts for the boyfriend & since Mar's vet bill and new diet kinda put a funk in my bank account I do not want to stress.

can i justify no stress with a credit card? is it like no stress > stress? i have enough to worry about. i know gifts are like a first world problem but when it comes to gifts i really like spoiling him (he does the same for me)...it makes up for a crappy family.

My view is that you have to consider any money you spend as money taken out of your bank account. Pay the full amount every month. Credit cards are really designed to screw over the people who can't pay every month, reward the people who can and still make billions of dollars.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:20 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm feeling all righteous for doing what I think is a Good Deed and possibly preventing My Work Being Taken To Court For Discrimination Through Silliness.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:25 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

linanil wrote:
missmuffcake wrote:

My view is that you have to consider any money you spend as money taken out of your bank account. Pay the full amount every month. Credit cards are really designed to screw over the people who can't pay every month, reward the people who can and still make billions of dollars.

This. I am a credit card company's wet dream. Don't be me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:52 am 

I've worked for a a credit card company, and they're okay as long as you follow the simple rule of pay off as much as you can, as soon as you can. Take the 'minimum payment' as double it, at the very least. Otherwise, you're just chasing your tail and making yourself poorer.

Remember that when you're borrowing money that accrues your interest, you're effectively borrowing from your future self, as that's who ends up paying. Don't screw your future self over by running up more debt that future-you can afford.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:54 am 
WELFARIST!

missmuffcake wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:
I managed to erupt the blackhead on my nose that's been there for like two months. Right in the centre of my nose, too, like the divining Gods couldn't have put a blemish any more central on my nose than this and when I crossed my eyes, I could see the damn thing, it was HAUNTING ME. People, you don't know. It's the last thing I saw when going to sleep at night, the first thing I saw when waking up in the morning. So anyway, after scraping at it in frustration a couple of days ago to just disturb the covering skin and get it to erupt, it finally did and removing the white little core of it yesterday was SO SATISFYING. You don't know. And now I have a pinpoint blood spot on my nose where the blackhead was, but believe me, I'm better off. RIP, you tricky mustard. And don't come back.

Next time mix a pinch of sea salt and a drop of water, apply it to pesky black head and let it sit. if you feel of with a band aid over it - do it over night. in the morning gently squeeze once the ban aid is removed....it gets everything out!

Oh, thank you! I would have done this because that blackhead was just there too long and I finally had to so something about it. My nose just has a little pinpoint of red on it now that I could easily cover with make up. It's better than the blackhead.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:01 pm 
WELFARIST!

I've crafted a 'Thrift Shop' Pandora station and it is amazing.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:39 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Got a semi-surprise package from joshua full of Portland noms. Also, bike ride around the lake in the rain.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:41 pm 
Saggy Butt

allularpunk wrote:
I've crafted a 'Thrift Shop' Pandora station and it is amazing.

And now I'm going to do that!

Best things about my day:
The vitamix came!
I was sent away from Jury Duty after 1.5 hours of reading a magazine and waiting!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:56 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Baking cupcakes for a friend to Sisters of Mercy and Oingo Boingo!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:43 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

just discovered that Hunger Games is now on Netflix Streaming!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:50 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

had an awesome yoga practice this morning, ate breakfast outside, watched 2 movies & mowed the lawn. today's been a good day, fo 'sho.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:35 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

It is me and my DBF's two year anniversary today!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:08 am 
WELFARIST!

Happy anniversary!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:12 am 
Saggy Butt

My new gawgeous henna fiery red hair.
And, somebody is making me smile these days :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:13 am 
Saggy Butt

TupeloHoney wrote:
Baking cupcakes for a friend to Sisters of Mercy and Oingo Boingo!

This is an excellent activity!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:14 am 
Saggy Butt

Kittykins wrote:
It is me and my DBF's two year anniversary today!

Hope you have a very romantic date night!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:26 pm 

There's much more money in my account than I thought there would be. Am I finally financially responsible? To eBay!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:47 pm 
Impressive boner

Booked the album recording and a music video shoot.

I'm also busting the chops of the evil little imp voice in my head that tells me bad things about myself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:22 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I sat down while dinner was on this evening and I started a college assignment. It's nearly 2 years since I done any course work thanks to my shitty work circumstances that messed up my mental health. I feel good now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:50 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Went to see Eddie Izzard. That man is the best thing about most of my days.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 430, 431, 432, 433, 434, 435, 436 ... 616  Next