| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14032 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 440, 441, 442, 443, 444, 445, 446 ... 562  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:13 pm 
Impressive boner
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm
Posts: 3859
Location: Nottingham.
I just found out that we're pegged to support The Misfits on their next UK tour. Needless to say I'm very pleased.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:51 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6422
Location: Norristown, PA
8ball wrote:
I just found out that we're pegged to support The Misfits on their next UK tour. Needless to say I'm very pleased.


Whoa! That's fantastic!!

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:19 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 6642
Location: bindlestiff
Bike ride to biscuits and gravy breakfast.

_________________
Whoopie pies are always a good idea. ---P. bisque

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:12 pm 
Shopped till she dropped
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:36 pm
Posts: 1655
Location: the land of too much wine and wind
8Ball, that's awesome!

I passed my Introductory Sommelier exam! There's something like a 90% pass rate, since you only have to get a 60% to move on. But it's still pretty cool. Actually, everyone in the class passed, which is pretty rare. The 2 days of lecture were really interesting, mostly because they taught me that I know way more than I thought I did, and my palate is better at blind tasting than I expected. More and more it's looking like I can turn this interest into a legitimate career. I'm gonna look into the next step of the certification process a bit more. It's kind of expensive (this round was fronted by work), but it may actually be worth it. If I pass the Certified Sommelier exam, I can put it on my resumé for the rest of time, which would be useful for loads of things.

_________________
I just brought out the carrot sticks. This is war. - paprikapapaya

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:16 pm 
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11070
Location: VA
That's awesome!

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:25 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:54 pm
Posts: 1382
Location: Pasadena/Boston
It turns out Middle English Prof got the teaching award we nominated her for. Best thing about my life.

_________________
AstroNOMZ
Eric Does Astrophysics


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:30 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3024
Location: BKLN
my friend has been e-mailing me the lyrics to "peaches" two lines at a time for a day and a half, for no reason. she is awesome.

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:27 pm 
Married to the wolfman
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:49 pm
Posts: 5605
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Terrible project I hate is almost almost almost really done and it's not 100% shiitake.

Project I really like is almost almost almost really done too and I'm hoping it will be good enough to keep me from embarrassing myself in front of one of my favorite professors and my classmates.

_________________
"Hummus; a gentleman's vice." -- Mars

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:49 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:55 am
Posts: 4221
Location: Halifax, NS
Lovely afternoon drinking tea in the sunshine by the water with a good friend.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:14 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:46 pm
Posts: 2263
Having so much support from my friends and family as I deal with my breakup. Sad but empowered!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:14 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm
Posts: 2740
I made my birthday cake (the Mocha Devastation from My Sweet Vegan). You know what's awesome about being a grown up? You can eat a slice of your birthday cake the night before your birthday and no one can stop you. And it's freaking delicious.

_________________
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:17 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:26 pm
Posts: 1458
Location: santa cruz!
That's awesome, Invictus! Happy pre-bday!

This weekend was the yoga retreat that I led and it went really well and now it is over and I am going to order some take out and sit on the sofa with the pets and hub. huzzah!

_________________
Vegan Eats & Treats


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:42 pm 
Inflexitarian
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:18 pm
Posts: 737
I picked strawberries and then brought them home and turned them into a delicious jam all by myself! What a thrill.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:59 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 6642
Location: bindlestiff
Invictus wrote:
I made my birthday cake (the Mocha Devastation from My Sweet Vegan). You know what's awesome about being a grown up? You can eat a slice of your birthday cake the night before your birthday and no one can stop you. And it's freaking delicious.

Woo! May birthdays!

_________________
Whoopie pies are always a good idea. ---P. bisque

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:35 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm
Posts: 2740
Woo!

_________________
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:13 pm 
Married to the wolfman
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:49 pm
Posts: 5605
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Happy almost birthday Invictus!

The lack of obstacles between me and cake is one of the best things about being a grownup for sure.

_________________
"Hummus; a gentleman's vice." -- Mars

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:51 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 3971
Location: north-east of windmill central.
coldandsleepy wrote:
Happy almost birthday Invictus!


Happy birthday already from over here! (YAY birthday cake!)

_________________
ॐ लोकः समासतः सुखिनो भवन्तु
http://www.embracingtheworld.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:45 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:56 pm
Posts: 905
Location: Baltimore
acr wrote:
my friend has been e-mailing me the lyrics to "peaches" two lines at a time for a day and a half, for no reason. she is awesome.


Is this the presidents of the USA song you're talking about? Because my dad sings that whenever we buy peaches or someone eats a peach or someone mentions peaches and I have to start humming to myself loudly before it gets stuck in my head.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:46 am 
Tofu Pup
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:14 am
Posts: 13
Made some ho-made bean dip (Think the can of Frito's bean dip, only yummier) to eat with my Trader Joe's Organic Corn Chip Dippers while watching a movie with the boyfriend. It was a good end to a boring day.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:15 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 2163
Location: Midlands, UK
coldandsleepy wrote:
The lack of obstacles between me and cake is one of the best things about being a grownup for sure.


I totally agree.

_________________
"The lack of obstacles between me and cake is one of the best things about being a grownup for sure." - coldandsleepy

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:18 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3024
Location: BKLN
eatsbabies wrote:
acr wrote:
my friend has been e-mailing me the lyrics to "peaches" two lines at a time for a day and a half, for no reason. she is awesome.


Is this the presidents of the USA song you're talking about? Because my dad sings that whenever we buy peaches or someone eats a peach or someone mentions peaches and I have to start humming to myself loudly before it gets stuck in my head.

yes! natures candy in my hand or can or a pie! (i had to leave the apostrophe out because a filter changed the phrase to "peanut chews," and it is bothering me SO MUCH, but MOVING TO THE COUNTRY I'M GONNA EAT A LOT OF PEACHES.)

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:52 am 
Chard Martyr
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 9384
Location: Vancouver Island
kara kara wrote:
8Ball, that's awesome!

I passed my Introductory Sommelier exam! There's something like a 90% pass rate, since you only have to get a 60% to move on. But it's still pretty cool. Actually, everyone in the class passed, which is pretty rare. The 2 days of lecture were really interesting, mostly because they taught me that I know way more than I thought I did, and my palate is better at blind tasting than I expected. More and more it's looking like I can turn this interest into a legitimate career. I'm gonna look into the next step of the certification process a bit more. It's kind of expensive (this round was fronted by work), but it may actually be worth it. If I pass the Certified Sommelier exam, I can put it on my resumé for the rest of time, which would be useful for loads of things.

Congrats! I was thinking about taking a sommelier course. Because my 10 other careers aren't enough and I craving something new. It's nice to hear some feedback.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:55 am 
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11070
Location: VA
Michele LeAnn wrote:
Made some ho-made bean dip (Think the can of Frito's bean dip, only yummier) to eat with my Trader Joe's Organic Corn Chip Dippers while watching a movie with the boyfriend. It was a good end to a boring day.


Recipe, please!

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:58 am 
Chard Martyr
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 9384
Location: Vancouver Island
Ooops! (double post)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:26 pm 
Shopped till she dropped
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:36 pm
Posts: 1655
Location: the land of too much wine and wind
vijita wrote:
Congrats! I was thinking about taking a sommelier course. Because my 10 other careers aren't enough and I craving something new. It's nice to hear some feedback.

Thanks! It was pretty easy and basic. There were 75 questions on the exam, and you had to get about 30 wrong in order to fail. The Intro level has a day and a half of lecture before you take the exam. If you pay attention and study the course book you get ahead of time (seriously, all of the questions were directly from the course book), you'll be totally fine. It's pretty easy to find sample questions online, and most of them are actually tougher than the questions on the test.

If you have questions about anything, just shoot me a PM.

_________________
I just brought out the carrot sticks. This is war. - paprikapapaya

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 14032 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 440, 441, 442, 443, 444, 445, 446 ... 562  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer