| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454 ... 589  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:09 am 
Chard Martyr

Yesterday's was probably the hotel party with jojo, Kitteh, and RandiJM tied with constant back and forth hilarious emails with MessyVeggie even though she was sitting beside and then in front of me.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:10 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

ameyfm wrote:
Great food, new friends, meeting new friends (what's up, Dynamite!?), having fun, learning, connecting, being with my mom (I brought my mom!).... The whole thing is great.

Yes! I love meeting people in person and finding out that they are just as delightful as they are on the internet.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:49 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Can non VVC people buy these zines? Pretty, pretty please???

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:21 pm 
Hail Seitan!

47 mile bike ride through all of these awesome suburban park district trails and through a delightful arboretum with my sweetie. The best best part was a post lunch nap in the grass with my head on his chest.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:05 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

That sounds awesome e_c.

I went on a 6 mile hike by myself. This is the first hike I've done solo since we've moved and it was really fun. I didn't even take a camera so I just enjoyed being outdoors, smelling the pine trees and listening to the creek. I also took my new purse and it's an awesome hiking bag (fits water bottles/snacks). I'm so cheap that I love when purchases turn out better than expected.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:19 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Pleasant short hike (more of a walk really this week... We all have head colds so no one was up for anything too intense) on the coast with my family.

Also, the cup of tea I'm about to drink. Nothing makes having a cold suck less than a hot sweet beverage.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:50 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Kelly wrote:

Yes! I have about 40 left, and I was thinking of selling them on the ppk! If any one is interested! And sounds like you are! I'll start a thread about it once I get home!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:52 am 
Level 7 Vegan

vijita wrote:
ameyfm wrote:
Also, I am at the VidaVeganCon, so the best thing about my day was pretty much every single moment of my whole day.

Great food, new friends, meeting new friends (what's up, Dynamite!?), having fun, learning, connecting, being with my mom (I brought my mom!).... The whole thing is great.

I love hanging out with you! And your mom. And the fact that your mom chimes up in classes! And the best thing about the conference is your charity cook zine (no offense, everything else).

Ack! *blushes* I'm so glad my goofy little zine is a hit! I was so nervous about drawing on behalf of other peoples recipes! And, yes, it was really awesome to hang out with you too! :)

It was really cool how everyone was so nice and welcoming to my mom. She had such an among time. Thanks, everyone!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:07 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ameyfm wrote:
Kelly wrote:

Yes! I have about 40 left, and I was thinking of selling them on the ppk! If any one is interested! And sounds like you are! I'll start a thread about it once I get home!

Me too please! I've nearly made everything from the December one, I need new cuteness!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:20 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

ameyfm wrote:
Ack! *blushes* I'm so glad my goofy little zine is a hit! I was so nervous about drawing on behalf of other peoples recipes! And, yes, it was really awesome to hang out with you too! :)

It was really cool how everyone was so nice and welcoming to my mom. She had such an among time. Thanks, everyone!

The zine is awesome! Your mom is awesome! It was so great she was so involved! You're awesome!

Basically right now everything is awesome.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:24 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

there was no Game of Thrones this week, and usually for a treat the kid and i treat ourselves to an hour of foolishness by watching it. So when we went to our usual place there was no new episode. BOO.
So, instead, I decided to show the kid the first episodes of Arrested Development. I don't think I ever saw the pilot episode, and I forgot how much I love that show.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:20 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Erinnerung wrote:
ameyfm wrote:
Kelly wrote:

Me too please! I've nearly made everything from the December one, I need new cuteness!

Ooh yay!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:48 pm 
Impressive boner

I made friends with a lurcher called Spud. I love dogs.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:04 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i love lurchers!!!! and spud is a winning name. glad you had a bright spot there 8ball, i've been thinking of you lately. hang in there.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ameyfm wrote:
Kelly wrote:

Yay! I definitely am!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:31 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I just found out that the Cinnamon Snail food truck is FINALLY coming to my work location! I am SOOO excited!

http://brookfieldplaceny.com/foodtrucks

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:03 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I scheduled a meeting with a grad student about helping her with research this summer! I also found out I totally aced the animal physiology test I took last week that I totally thought I failed. (My TA drew a smiley next to my score hahaha this also was one of the best things about my day).

And I have yoga tonight and have the AFR eggplant chickpea curry waiting for me for dinner when I get back. This day has just been awesome all around.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:44 pm 
Hail Seitan!

Volunteer orientation at the Chicago children's museum in their Tinkering Lab exhibit. I get to help kids use REAL TOOLS to make whatever they want out of old used junk! Everything about it is just the best.

About to have dinner from the Chicago Diner with my ex as we transfer custody of our dog while my ex is travelling with an awesome fundraising benefit show for the next couple months. Excited about the dog and the food and hanging bout with the ex foe the first real time since we broke up a couple years ago (beyond just awkward 10 minute exchanges as we hand over the dog.)

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:00 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Climbing! I hadn't planned on it, but got a last minute text from a friend asking if I could go! I really need to make it a point to go more than once a week.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:48 pm 
Dead by dawn

My aunt went to the doctor awhile back with sores in her mouth, had a bunch of tests and was diagnosed with pemphigoid. She had a biopsy and we've been waiting forever to find out what kind (ranging from "pretty damn bad" to "even worse than that" based on the reading I did.) She got the results today and it's not even pemphigoid at all, but oral lichen planus. This is super fantastic news. All the articles online about pemphigoid mention eventual death; none of the articles on oral lichen planus do... half of them don't even have a section for "prognosis" because it's just something where you treat the symptoms until they go away. I'm very relieved. I hope she can get some relief from her symptoms because they sound kind of miserable, but I'm sooo glad it's not serious.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:40 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

joshua wrote:
some people are just really forking great human beings

True fact!

Everything about VVC was amazing and it's been epic to hang out with so many old and new friends. I also love Amey's mom! I may cry when I have to leave Portland tomorrow & I already cried (twice!) when Kitteh left.

The funtimes are continuing though! RandiJM & I are going to Vancouver tomorrow (we're staying with someone awesome who we met at VVC!) and Seattle (to stay with monkeytoes!!). I'm so happy right now!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:52 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I really loved meeting SO may ppkers! JoJo and Dynamite, Randi, SweetT, Joshua, Madeline Teacup, kitteh... Im probably forgetting other awesome people. The whole thing was so great!

I'm glad you're going to Vancouver, JoJo, it's a cool city! Did you guys have fun at Departure yesterday?

Ps. Thanks everyone for being so cool and loving and welcoming to my mom!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:17 pm 
Impressive boner

torque wrote:
i love lurchers!!!! and spud is a winning name. glad you had a bright spot there 8ball, i've been thinking of you lately. hang in there.

Thanks torque.

Today my friend told me that he bumped into Smashing Pumpkins on Monday (Seriously, he does this stuff - bumps into Lemmy, Skunk Anansie, Iron Maiden, like its nothing.) and got me an autograph. Billy Corgan was my guitar hero when I was a teenager!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:45 pm 
***LIES!!!***

monkeytoes wrote:
My aunt went to the doctor awhile back with sores in her mouth, had a bunch of tests and was diagnosed with pemphigoid. She had a biopsy and we've been waiting forever to find out what kind (ranging from "pretty damn bad" to "even worse than that" based on the reading I did.) She got the results today and it's not even pemphigoid at all, but oral lichen planus. This is super fantastic news. All the articles online about pemphigoid mention eventual death; none of the articles on oral lichen planus do... half of them don't even have a section for "prognosis" because it's just something where you treat the symptoms until they go away. I'm very relieved. I hope she can get some relief from her symptoms because they sound kind of miserable, but I'm sooo glad it's not serious.

I have lichen planus and it's no big whoop. Can be very uncomfortable for sure (especially if you are mistreating it because it is misdiagnosed - took me forever to get someone to biopsy it and had a couple different diagnoses along the way), but easily treated when you know what you're dealing with. Glad it wasn't anything more serious for your aunt!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:31 am 
Dead by dawn

Ariann wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:

I have lichen planus and it's no big whoop. Can be very uncomfortable for sure (especially if you are mistreating it because it is misdiagnosed - took me forever to get someone to biopsy it and had a couple different diagnoses along the way), but easily treated when you know what you're dealing with. Glad it wasn't anything more serious for your aunt!

Glad to hear a firsthand account of it being "no big whoop." The couple of weeks of thinking it was something that would severely impact her quality of life and eventually kill her were pretty awful! She's kinda one of my favorite people ever and I like the world better with her in it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454 ... 589  Next