| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455 ... 617  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:16 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Dynahmite came to visit me! I picked her up at the airport last night so she could sleep on my couch before she drives the rest of the way home today. She brought me donuts from Portland! We made chocolate chip pecan pancakes and tempeh bacon for breakfast! Also she sleeps like a burrito.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:50 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I stumbled upon some Manner! Here! In a store! Mmmm.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:55 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I have ANOTHER best thing!! I posted on Facebook about some yarn I'm lusting after and my amazing friend (a non-PPK vegan and just one of the sweetest and loveliest people on earth) PMed me and was like, please let me buy you this. So now I have a giant shipment of gorgeous fluffy yarn in every color of the rainbow on its way to me for a blanket project I've been dying to do for aaaaaaaaaaaages!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:13 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Discussing the Zombie Apocalypse with my Mom. She has told me that if she ever became a zombie, she would not eat me or my brother, since one does not eat one's own kids.

And anyway, like she said, if she wanted to eat family, there are plenty of them in the in-laws section that she would eat first.

It's always good to know where you stand in these matters.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:46 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

I haven't gone yet, maybe it could go horribly, but I'm going to see Patty Griffin tonight! She tours so infrequently so, yay! Seriously, I'm not sure I've seen her in like 6 years or something like that.

But, also, stopping and smelling the flowers! Its not strong, but soso yummy! The Bubby-Bush/Strawberry-bush/Carolina Allspice is blooming right now and its such a yummy yummy smell. It has the name "bubby-bush" because back before deodorant or frequent bathing, women would tuck the bloom into their cleavage to make them smell better.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:06 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

My tiny little efforts in using my translation skills to help spread the word for animals were featured on Our Hen House's website today! (You have to be a member of the Flock to read the post, though.) A little while ago, they asked people to tell them how we use our talents to change the world for animals, and I wrote in, a bit reluctantly, not thinking they'd be interested. When Jasmin asked if she could share my email with the Flock, I really didn't believe anyone would read it, but a couple of people have left the sweetest comments and even say that they're inspired! I'm completely over the moon right now.

Also: heee, "bubby-bush"!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:05 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Mom worked from home (and took care of grandma) so I could have awesome sunshine adventures with my uncle.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:17 am 
Ninja Master

I haven't had a very good week and was feeling a bit crepe but I got in this morning and my boss had put up banners and balloons because it's my birthday on Sunday. I thought that was really nice (although she did get my age wrong but I thought that was pretty funny). And her 5 year old daughter drew me some happy birthday pictures which were really cute. Put a big smile on my face this morning.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:38 am 
Ninja Master

OK scratch that, my workmates made me vegan cupcakes. They just came in singing happy birthday with them and a big bunch of flowers! I don't think anyone's ever made me cupcakes before, I feel a bit emotional! hahah

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:00 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Officially apart of a lab! I'm going to be helping a grad student with nitrogen fixation through endophytes in Douglas Firs and the effects of elevated CO2 levels. Guys, I get to wear a lab coat. IM SO EXCITED. I'm also workin with another grad student processing samples of soil and bark this summer. She seems awesome, and there is some field work as well, so I'm just as pumped for that. Oh! And I applied for a job at the student farm for the summer. I probably won't get it, but this summer is looking like it will be filled with trees and plants. This is going to be awesome.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:03 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

My coworker is experimenting with vegan cooking and he made me and my husband a full casserole of Shepherd's pie. It is actually really delicious! It has a very high potato to other stuff ratio (I approve), and clearly has a tonne of red wine in the filling (I also approve). But most of all...I am still injured and my husband has terrible allergies so like HOW DID HE KNOW it was the best day ever ever ever to have someone gift you with a home-cooked meal?

(I mean he knew I was injured and knew my husband's good friend's child was killed the other day but still...it's so lovely when people with just as busy lives really take the time and effort to show some love).

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:48 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Spending the morning embroidering and making plans with my friend. We are going to do wonderful things together. It makes me happy to make plans with some one who gets it.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:28 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Watching my kitty, Luna, sunbath in the wide open family room window.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:24 pm 
Semen Strong

We had vegan sushi for our sixth anniversary. Leela loved it and just hoovered it all up, and we got to laugh a lot together as a family. We fed giant goldfish too. And I have cake for tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:42 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Happy happy happy anniversary Tofulish!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:46 pm 
Semen Strong

Thank you C&S! <3 It was nice to just have time together. Life gets so hectic, its sometimes hard to even connect with the people whom you live with.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:03 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Sounds like a great way to celebrate an anniversary! Hooray sushi-filled laughter. (Happy happy annnnnnniversary day! Maybe you have more chances to laugh and be awesome together.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:03 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I was selected for a super awesome internship! It's going to be a great stepping stone to grad school and omgggg I'm so excited!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:04 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Happy anniversary, T'lish!

Jigglypuff, that's awesome!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:22 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

- Hanging out with ppk'ers at a vegan food festival
- Getting closer to my goal for weightloss and I now can wear jeans two sizes down than a year ago

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:23 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Just an all-around awesome day. I haven't had too many of those in 2013, so I'm really cherishing it.
Had lunch at the market at my favourite Indian stall, the owner is the sweetest lady ever and her food has so much love and care in it. Pulling up a stool at the counter there and having her plate it up for you and pour you a glass of water just like a mum is so wonderful. And she just loves me.
While we were there, two of our friends joined us unexpectedly! They're vegan too, so we all sat there and had big plates of assorted veg curries and laughed and told stupid jokes.

Then we spent the afternoon doing some make-ahead stuff like cookies and muffins for next weekend, our city does these street festivals and shuts down the main downtown streets so it's all foot traffic, and we're doing a booth.

Then we just walked down and had a nice dinner at Veg Out, who has lovely waitstaff and it's just all around amazing to have a vegan restaurant (well, we have a couple) a short jaunt from home.

Now Tristan is purring his head off on my lap and I'm going to have a bath.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:04 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Such pretty pretty pink azaleas blooming at work today! And I was paid to hike and help people with maps and seeeeee the flowers!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:29 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

My dad is here this weekend. He drives me nuts, and I'm so thankful he's here to do it. I do wish he would start wearing his hearing aids though. ETA: Best part of the last three days.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:30 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

This forking weekend. Like, the whole thing. I participated in the 'Epic Skill Swap 2013' and it was EPIC. not as epic as it could've been due to last minute cancels by people who were supposed to come, but still. I learned self defense, I practiced bottle cutting which I'd never even heard of before, watched soldering while halfway napping on a rundown porch, had my hair cut, made lunch for people including home made bread, renewed my intention to learn how to maintain my own bike. SWIMMING. I went swimming in a two piece I've owned for two years and have been too afraid to wear.

Anyone in the northeast should come to this next year. It's really really cool.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:42 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

lillianp wrote:
This forking weekend. Like, the whole thing. I participated in the 'Epic Skill Swap 2013' and it was EPIC. not as epic as it could've been due to last minute cancels by people who were supposed to come, but still. I learned self defense, I practiced bottle cutting which I'd never even heard of before, watched soldering while halfway napping on a rundown porch, had my hair cut, made lunch for people including home made bread, renewed my intention to learn how to maintain my own bike. SWIMMING. I went swimming in a two piece I've owned for two years and have been too afraid to wear.

Anyone in the northeast should come to this next year. It's really really cool.

This does sound really cool!

I guess I have a Twitter now

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455 ... 617  Next