| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455, 456 ... 616  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:20 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Dancing to my uncle's Irish punk band.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:04 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

In order to get my mind off of ickyness of a couple hours ago, I'm reminding myself of something great about today.

A co worker I haven't seen in a long time worked today. She's battling some major health stuff, un-diagnosed stuff. Major migraine-type sounding-things. It was a short shift but still.

She told me she had a dream about me last night. In which the two of us were roommates in a fancy apartment in New York City together. I told her if I win the lottery I'll buy us that apartment.

We both get this weird feeling that we have some kind of mystical connection. Cute.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:21 am 
Ninja Master

Mine is from yesterday but it was my birthday. The whole of last week I was a bit peed off with friends cancelling on me etc and then my workmate surprised me Friday with cupcakes that she got up at 5am to make that day especially for me (and she doesn't really bake and had never made anything vegan).

And then yesterday I had a lovely day in the garden with my family and bff and we had a barbecue and it was great.

And today it's beautiful and sunny outside and I have salsa class tonight and I made cupcakes for everyone.

AAAAANNND on Friday I'm going on holiday with Jojo and I am so freakin excited I may explode! I got my euros today and most of my washing is already done. Also I remembered to buy Vitamin B and even found vegan ones in the supermarket. (Last time I went abroad I got eaten to shiitake by mozzies, and I heard taking vit b helps - clutching at straws!!) This week shall be full of win.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:33 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

paprikapapaya wrote:

Then we just walked down and had a nice dinner at Veg Out, who has lovely waitstaff and it's just all around amazing to have a vegan restaurant (well, we have a couple) a short jaunt from home.

My little sister was there yesterday! (I guess she's not little: she's 27 now). She was boasting to me about her amazing meal when I had a shitty overpriced birthday meal. I have to go visit her.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:50 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Really?! Cool! It's literally a 10 minute walk from our apartment. You'll have to come visit sometime :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:38 am 
Seagull of the PPK

job that just fell into my lap this morning, a subject i can do with one hand tied behind my back, which will pay for new phones for me and the kid.
all these jobs that are coming are all strange- they are all for amounts which are more or less EXACTLY the amount of things I have to pay for [I have gotten two payments this week which were for EXACTLY the amount of our plane tickets. This job today is paid in GBP and when I did the conversion it came out to be exactly the total price of the phones we were looking at. Stuff like this is very, very strange, and/or I am totally mental, but I love it.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:18 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

kilgore trout wrote:
lillianp wrote:
This forking weekend. Like, the whole thing. I participated in the 'Epic Skill Swap 2013' and it was EPIC. not as epic as it could've been due to last minute cancels by people who were supposed to come, but still. I learned self defense, I practiced bottle cutting which I'd never even heard of before, watched soldering while halfway napping on a rundown porch, had my hair cut, made lunch for people including home made bread, renewed my intention to learn how to maintain my own bike. SWIMMING. I went swimming in a two piece I've owned for two years and have been too afraid to wear.

Anyone in the northeast should come to this next year. It's really really cool.

This does sound really cool!

It really does!!

baps wrote:
Mine is from yesterday but it was my birthday. The whole of last week I was a bit peed off with friends cancelling on me etc and then my workmate surprised me Friday with cupcakes that she got up at 5am to make that day especially for me (and she doesn't really bake and had never made anything vegan).

And then yesterday I had a lovely day in the garden with my family and bff and we had a barbecue and it was great.

And today it's beautiful and sunny outside and I have salsa class tonight and I made cupcakes for everyone.

AAAAANNND on Friday I'm going on holiday with Jojo and I am so freakin excited I may explode! I got my euros today and most of my washing is already done. Also I remembered to buy Vitamin B and even found vegan ones in the supermarket. (Last time I went abroad I got eaten to shiitake by mozzies, and I heard taking vit b helps - clutching at straws!!) This week shall be full of win.

Yay I'm super happy that you had an amazing birthday! And I'm SO excited about Friday, I haven't sen you in forever and we get to hang out for a whole week! Best!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:21 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Thing number one: my amazing department at work has decided that morris dancing is an ideal team-building exercise.

Thing number two: playing Pokémon in the sunshine after work.

Thing number three: drinking beer in the sunshine with my amazing friend.

Thing number four: Mushroom, onion and tofu fried in chilli and golden syrup on roasted flat mushrooms with smoked soya cheese. Ommy nom nom nom.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:27 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

My dad is still here. I had to work today, but I worked from home so I could at least kind of be around with him (though I think he is EXTREMELY uninterested it my work now; "so, that's what you do? All day?).

We took a walk at lunch time because he wanted to check out a charity shop in my neighborhood. The rain had cleared and the weather was beautiful, and he bought me the best mug ever for $0.50. It's black and reads, "What do we want? Coffee! When do we want it? I will forking cut you."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:51 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Woah ndp, that is the best mug.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:16 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

That mug sounds awesome!

I was invited to join someone on a free road trip and tickets to Bonnaroo. I cannot even sit still I'm so excited.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:02 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

ndpittman wrote:
My dad is still here. I had to work today, but I worked from home so I could at least kind of be around with him (though I think he is EXTREMELY uninterested it my work now; "so, that's what you do? All day?).

We took a walk at lunch time because he wanted to check out a charity shop in my neighborhood. The rain had cleared and the weather was beautiful, and he bought me the best mug ever for $0.50. It's black and reads, "What do we want? Coffee! When do we want it? I will forking cut you."

sounds awesome. i can't wait to hang out with my mom!!!

[and your day sounds a bit like mine- today FC played hookey since she is officially withdrawn and we have a few days left. I had a big job come this morning and her words were pretty much the same: "this is what you do when you work at home??" ayup.]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:03 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Grandma walked to the couch and then decided to eat dinner in the kitchen instead of her room. Then mom came home with lots of vegan treats from her office (tamales!), which was "celebrating" the transition from one set of software to another, and tried to make it less headachey by offering people tons of free vegan food. (Awesome.) Then I ran down our mountain at sunset. The grandma situation is still unresolved, but at least there are some nice moments in between the rest of the yuck.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:26 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

There is a bunch of little awesome things. Like spicy refried beans for breakfast, yoga, my friend quitting smoking... BUT, the best is that my friend and I keep discovering that we have the same goals and life lists. It is pretty fabulous

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:29 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

reading "calling dr Laura" by Nicole Georges at work was the best decision I've ever made.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:33 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

booberthefraggle wrote:
reading "calling dr Laura" by Nicole Georges at work was the best decision I've ever made.

Oh my gosh, That looks AMAZING!

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:57 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

A bike shop I really want to work at - where I applied months ago - emailed to see if I want to come in and talk to them. Eeeep!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:18 pm 

I HAVE THE BEST HUSBAND EVER. I have been pining away for a new tattoo for a while now, but $$$. Well, it's my birthday on July 1st. Trevor just emerged from his art studio and said, "There's a present for you hiding somewhere in the apartment. You're allowed to look for it and I'll give you clues." I couldn't figure it out, and I was about to give up and then I looked under my pillow on the bed. There was a little handmade notebook!

The first page said, "Happy birthday..." the next page said, "June 29th, for your 29th birthday..." the next page, "Because you deserve only the best, and because I love you so much, 12:00..." (!!!!) the next page said the name of one of my favourite tattooers right now, and the words, "Anything you want!"

I started bawling from the shock! I can't believe my good fortune in finding someone so rad. I'm going to start crying again!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:19 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Awwwwwwww :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:14 am 
Semen Strong

OMG PPPP, I am so happy for you. What a wonderful and considerate gift, and how awesome and supercute are you guys as a couple!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:32 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Awww, that's so sweet!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:58 am 
Dead by dawn

The papayas are the cutest and most inspiring couple ever (I really mean that... you guys have been together a long time and you're so mushily in love... it makes me happy to see that that's possible.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:12 pm 

thanks so much guys! And thank you mtoes! I'm a really really lucky lady and true love is definitely real, I am fortunate enough to live it everyday. <3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:16 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

My hiking/partner person is coming to visit for a month this summer!

And this really will only make sense to CQ, but he's OK'd going to Sessions! WHEEEEEEEEE (I mean, obviously, I can go, but I wanted to see if he wouldn't mind going because otherwise I'd rather just spend the whole month hanging out with him)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:07 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Paprikapapaya - your husband sounds amazing. I would bawl too if someone did that for me.

Best part about my day: iphones. As is, we both finally upgraded to the 21st century and got them. So I've been playing with mine all night and I got to call my mom on Facetime. She almost teared up. We moved away three months ago and it's been really hard for all my family so this is awesome and I can see them! I love technology.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455, 456 ... 616  Next