| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 478, 479, 480, 481, 482, 483, 484 ... 609  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:54 pm 
And you never will.

I had the most amazing day. Mr poopie has been gone for 8 days so far, so it's just been me and poopieboy, which has been okay but pretty rough at times. Well today after making and delivering an order, I took the boy out to my parents' house to spend the night (his first night away from me!). Then I went to see a movie by myself (Star Trek Into Darkness at the $2.50 theater) - the first movie I've seen since December. It was magical. Then I went out for dinner and drinks with some friends I haven't seen in a while, and we spent three hours catching up and laughing and it was the best. I never, ever get to go out with friends so this was pretty special. After a really stressful week this was the best day I think I could have had, and I feel like a new person.

And now I'm home alone for the whole night which hasn't happened in about five years, and I don't know what to do with myself!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:57 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so happy for you poopie!

We went to an amazing pool.party today. It was just so fun to have a ton of awesome toddlers and their lovely parents all assembled for food and play.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:36 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Oh Poopie! I am so happy for you!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:20 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

ameyfm wrote:
Oh Poopie! I am so happy for you!

PPK slumber party at poooooopie's house! :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:04 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

after work my friend came over and we made mac n cheese with broccoli and buffalo chick'n (gardein crispy tenders drenched in buffalo sauce!), salad and brownies with healthy top and raspberries for dessert! and then we watched three episodes of Buffy! (Beer Bad, Something Blue, and Hush). That's basically my ideal girl's night. Food, brownies and Buffy!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:24 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I wish I had a girlfriend to do things like that with. Or a guy friend. Just a friend, anyone. A cat.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:00 pm 

Snobby Joes went over well with dad and neighbour, neighbour brought sangria and I had hot tub time for the first time in a week. Definitely a good night.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:44 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I had the best day yesterday! First i went to the fair to see if i won any ribbons for my tasty baked goods. I entered in two cupcakes and a pie, and came home with three blue ribbons and one champion. The champion was for my Monkey Madness Cupcakes (banana-chocolate chip with peanut butter frosting, in cute monkey muffin tins), which means it was the bets out of all the cupcake entries. This is really the one part of my life i brag about, so TAKE THAT, all you egg-and-butter using competitors! Vegans for the win!
After that my partner and i went to see Salome by Oscar Wilde. It was really well done. The set consisted of a long, black table and a few chairs with no props. The actors were all amazing. Then we went to Everlasting Life Cafe, an all-vegan soul food restaurant. I had never been there before, and i was not at all disappointed. I got a fried chick'n sammich, mac n cheese, and a peanut butter shake. They used some cool tofu for the chicken patty that was pressed in thin layers. The boy was fascinated, even a bit suspicious that it was real chicken. And the superawesome part is that my brother is moving less than a mile away from this place in a month.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:56 am 
Dead by dawn

Wow, congrats annabazoo, nice job with the baking competition!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:29 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Congrats!

My computer was being awful today...I was preparing for a trial tomorrow and it kept crashing and I lost my work so many times...the entire afternoon was a waste. So I was telling my ManFriend about it, and when I wasn't looking he ordered me a chrome book! I can't afford a computer right now, so he said it was my winter holiday/birthday present. My birthday is in February, so super early, but so sweet of him. He was going to buy himself some brewing supplies, but got me this instead. Love him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:44 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

What a sweetheart, Fizzgig! That's super thoughtful. Sounds like you have a very caring ManFriend.

My best thing is being content with a really normal, nice day. Dropped my partner off at work, got a (free!) coffee, did dishes and laundry, baked cookies and granola, played and read with my kids, got a latte with my sweetheart. Now we're about to have super fast and delicious dinner and then go for a walk. Yay.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:13 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

My friend gave us 3 HUGE bags of organic produce from his parent's farm! I made a soup out of some of it and that barely touched the amount of stuff he gave us, haha. I'm very very grateful for nice folks who do nice things for no reason.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:14 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Spending the evening with my boyfriend and not arguing with one another about a single thing all evening. We've both been under a lot of stress lately for various reasons and have in turn been arguing about a lot of things. Things have been a little rough between us lately, but tonight was lovely (even if it only consisted of grocery shopping, hanging out at his apartment for a little bit, and helping him give his cat a pill). I think it had to do with a big talk he and I had yesterday about our relationship. We both want to work things out and stay together.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:39 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Overheard last week (at a pizzeria that literally had nothing vegan. would make me a stromboli "but we don't know what's in the dough". no sauce, as it has cheese. i had a root beer.):
[frustrated customer looking at all the pizza types on display]
"Pineapple? Ziti? Hamburger? Don't you have anything plain?"
"I can make you whatever you want, it takes 8 minutes."
"I just want something simple. Just like a pizza margherita, please."
"A pizza margarita? Like with limes? Do i put salt on the crust?"
snort

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:32 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

My life is going so wonderfully. Every time I even think about it, I just beam inside. I am involved in a couple of music projects, I have a great job with future opportunities, grad school is starting back up, my family is well, my friends are surrounding me eveywhere I go, yoga is going great, I've changed my diet to a mostly 80-10-10 raw diet and havne't felt this good in years, and I'm having great NSA sex with one of my best friends.

How does this even happen?! I'm going to be riding this high for a looong time I think.

Now go eat some vegan food and don't complain about the world.
-Claire Galant, T.O.F.U Magazine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:52 pm 
Impressive boner

I learned new techniques from a Master of Sport (sorta like a kettlebell blackbelt), a beautiful black and green sugar skull iron-on patch arrived in the post and I got a photo of the awesome hair flower that's been custom made for me -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:59 pm 
Chip Strong

I just found out that my rock 'n roll hero (see avatar photo) is playing guitar for the Replacements at the Riot Fest shows coming up.

Now I need to post in the "Worst thing about your day" thread because they aren't playing anywhere near me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:46 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Two of my supervisors and a co-worker at my internship told me they wanted to hire me today. They told me how proud of me they were and how amazed they were. They don't just offer jobs to anyone. The type of field I am interning in is one of the hardest jobs to get, and they only accept the cream of the crop out of school for internships. So, this is a big deal for me.

They said that they wouldn't be able to take me right away, but one of their fellow co-workers is going to be moving soon, so a position is going to be open. They want to hire me at that point. They told me to go ahead and put in an application so they will have all of my paperwork and information on file. This way they can just go ahead and tell me when to start once the position opens up, and I won't have to jump through any hoops of fire (super long and involved application which also involves a medical history) come time for them to hire me.

I am so excited!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:48 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

8ball wrote:
I learned new techniques from a Master of Sport (sorta like a kettlebell blackbelt), a beautiful black and green sugar skull iron-on patch arrived in the post and I got a photo of the awesome hair flower that's been custom made for me -

This is the most AWESOME of hair flowers! I'm jealous! I want one!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:47 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

junkyardblues wrote:
Two of my supervisors and a co-worker at my internship told me they wanted to hire me today. They told me how proud of me they were and how amazed they were. They don't just offer jobs to anyone. The type of field I am interning in is one of the hardest jobs to get, and they only accept the cream of the crop out of school for internships. So, this is a big deal for me.

They said that they wouldn't be able to take me right away, but one of their fellow co-workers is going to be moving soon, so a position is going to be open. They want to hire me at that point. They told me to go ahead and put in an application so they will have all of my paperwork and information on file. This way they can just go ahead and tell me when to start once the position opens up, and I won't have to jump through any hoops of fire (super long and involved application which also involves a medical history) come time for them to hire me.

I am so excited!

That is fantastic! Congratulations! What kind of work do you do?

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:37 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Woah. 8ball. That flower is incredible.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:34 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

So many best things today! Motorcycling, climbing, hanging with a new friend, knitting, my boyfriend, cooking dried black beans, cupcakes... my day was full of awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:10 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My parents sent me a care package! I am 34 years old and on a work trip, so they sent me vegan cupcakes. I mean, really. How kind and thoughtful is that?!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:11 am 

The appt. with my Anthroposofic dr. My previous GP here had refused to give me a papsmear because I'm too young for it here (even though "female" cancers run in my dad's side of the family), so I expected to have to fight her for it. Nope! I asked and she said sure, we can do it right now. Papsmears .... are hardly awesome, or respectful, but this is the most awesome and respectful one I've ever had. Props to my dr. for being awesome! (And for being so happy for me when I asked for the STI=SOA test.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:09 am 
Saggy Butt

I've been without a table in my house since we broke ours on mother's day (the whole thing cracked down the center when we tried to take out the leaf!) and I saw an amaaaaaaaaaazing table handmade out of reclaimed wood with a not-so-amazing price tag of $2400, which i texted a photo of to my mom.
She then went out and garbage picked a table, fixed it, weathered it and stained it greyish, and literally it cost her the 10 bucks for the stain and the time it took her to pound on it with a hammer and put the stain on.

New table by norelle!, on Flickr

Honestly, it's sooo close to the one i liked. My mom rules.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 478, 479, 480, 481, 482, 483, 484 ... 609  Next