| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486, 487 ... 616  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:26 pm 
Nailed to the V

I just got a local vegetarian restaurant to set aside vegan croissants for me before they sell out for the day. This may not sound exciting to people who live in larger cities, or more vegan-friendly locales, but for me out in St. Louis, this is a first!! I'm beyond excited to go stuff my face with croissants; I can't remember the last time I could do that!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:14 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

beethecookie wrote:
I'm beyond excited to go stuff my face with croissants; I can't remember the last time I could do that!

That's what she said!

The baker at the farmers market makes vegan goodies for me. Today I got chocolate cupcakes with caramel butter cream!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:26 pm 
WRETCHED

beethecookie wrote:
I just got a local vegetarian restaurant to set aside vegan croissants for me before they sell out for the day. This may not sound exciting to people who live in larger cities, or more vegan-friendly locales, but for me out in St. Louis, this is a first!! I'm beyond excited to go stuff my face with croissants; I can't remember the last time I could do that!

I was never much of a croissant fan but I've never seen vegan croissants. In college, a friend of mine got me hooked on chocolate croissants that one of our coffee carts had but other than that, I don't know if I've ever had a regular croissant.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:01 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

For one brief shining moment a vegan cake company (which happened to be based in my city, but was (is?) primarily mail order, trialled vegan croissants. I bought one packet at the Birmingham Vegan Festival. Possibly it was about 7 years ago? They discontinued them shortly after, and I have never seen a vegan croissant for sale since then.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:20 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

First, being reminded that 98% (plus) of the people in my life are total babes, who are sweet and smart. (how do I know such amazing people?) Also, having brunch/drinks/clothing exchange with beautiful, smart, queer folks, some of whom have excellent fashion. And while i was one of only 2-3 chubby/fat folks there, i got some cool stuff, and people took some of my stuff. Sometimes i really struggle at everything. But when i am reminded of how excellent my community is, i feel so much better.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:35 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i'm having a fantastical day of doing whatever i want. ashtanga this morning, grocery shopping afterwards (my favorite!), green juice, made a dozen bagels for my spouse, and been having a bunch of cuddle time on the couch with juliebeans while watching a bahbillion episodes of nip/tuck on netflix. i haven't been this relaxed in forever!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:13 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I had the best day! I killed my to-do list by lunchtime, went to a vegan meet up and hung out with some awesome new people and ate gelato, and then Nick & I went to a vegan sushi class at our favourite restaurant.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:17 pm 
Impressive boner

Went to a park and picked about 3kg of blackberries, then made an enormous blackberry and apple pie. Yum.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:15 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

8ball wrote:
Went to a park and picked about 3kg of blackberries, then made an enormous blackberry and apple pie. Yum.

That sounds amazing!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:29 pm 
Nailed to the V

dropscone wrote:
For one brief shining moment a vegan cake company (which happened to be based in my city, but was (is?) primarily mail order, trialled vegan croissants. I bought one packet at the Birmingham Vegan Festival. Possibly it was about 7 years ago? They discontinued them shortly after, and I have never seen a vegan croissant for sale since then.

That's sad. I guess maybe the demand for them was too low or something?

The verdict is in on the croissants. They're....amazing! They taste exactly how I remember them tasting pre-vegan. Sooo flaky and tender. I am freezing the ones we aren't eating today; I hope that doesn't ruin them. This is motivating me to learn how to make them myself too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:56 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I was gifted two things I need to keep my business dream alive. I can't express my gratitude for this.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:40 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Finding my old anxiety medication. I have taken it over the last two days and noticed how "normal" I felt for the first time in years. No anxiety, paranoia, or drastic mood swings. My boyfriend and I didn't have a single argument over the entire weekend, and he said that my being on the pills made him notice a huge difference. He is helping me look for some mental health services around town so that I can see a psychiatrist again and possibly get back on medication. I have missed this feeling.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:43 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Art production mode! Making new stuff after taking off most of the summer to enjoy hiking and camping. Good times.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:28 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

It doesn't look like it yet, but I've made a lot of progress cleaning and organizing my apartment. I'm not sure I'll get it done by he time Wilson is home (3 days!!!!), but I hope he realizes that I'm really making an effort. The only thing we really ever fight about is he fact that I'm a slob/pack rat, so I hope I can keep this momentum up and clear some clutter.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:53 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

aw, nd! i bet he'll be so happy to be back with you that he won't even notice what the place looks like.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:13 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Looking at some old pictures my mom found. Highlights include my cats snuggling when they were kittens (they are little brats to each other now), me dressing up in my grandpa's clothes (I did this all the time haha), my grandpa in his sailor blues from WWII (and how he has the same little smirk at 19 he does now at nearly 90), and me "helping" my grandpa wash my mom's car when I was like 2. Now I want to dig out the home movies.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:41 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I sawed SO MUCH wood today. With my very own new circular saw I got myself as a present.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:01 am 
Saggy Butt

my friend and i were stuck in traffic on the highway coming back from a super weekend of camping and roller derby bouting... in the distance in the row of cars, we saw someone poking something out of the windows and first thought it was some kid sticking their arms out the window. as we crept up, it was this teenage guy dancing and sticking cobs of corn out the window (maybe out of boredom?). we were like, 'what the....?' and kidding around, my friend yelled 'give us the corn!' but then they actually swerved over and handed the cobs of corn to us. so we ended up with free corn from some guy who was using it as a dancing prop, hahaha.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:59 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

so far: I finally managed to go to the library and start working on my BA thesis on Greenlandic independency.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:40 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I even got a library card! Finally! That was on my to-do list for years now...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:45 am 
Seagull of the PPK

pittman, I am so excited for you!!

I spent the day yesterday at a farm sanctuary and had vegan potluck for the first time in forever.
birthday cake oreos!!! tempeh! it was lovely. and cow kisses too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:01 am 
Bathes in Braggs

(Finally) got my last form of ID back with my new-old name on it after the divorce. I feel very free today.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:50 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

There's this toddler from down the block and she's become obsessed with one of my cats over the summer. It's SO cute. She has to come check every evening if kitty is at the window (the cats aren't allowed in that room during the day and I don't leave my blinds up there either). She squeals! <3 And one day Loulou was somewhere else so I plonked down one of the other cats on the window ledge and the kid was like 'meh'. But when Loulou appears she is so excited! I wish they could actually meet but Loulou is such a scaredy-cat she'd just run and hide for hours.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:55 pm 
Chip Strong

fisticuffs wrote:
There's this toddler from down the block and she's become obsessed with one of my cats over the summer. It's SO cute. She has to come check every evening if kitty is at the window (the cats aren't allowed in that room during the day and I don't leave my blinds up there either). She squeals! <3 And one day Loulou was somewhere else so I plonked down one of the other cats on the window ledge and the kid was like 'meh'. But when Loulou appears she is so excited! I wish they could actually meet but Loulou is such a scaredy-cat she'd just run and hide for hours.

This is truly the best thing I've read all day. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:07 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I finally managed to catch up with an old friend... we've been trying to schedule a hang out for months! It was nice to see her and hear about how well things are going in her life now (last year was a tough one for her).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486, 487 ... 616  Next