| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14032 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515, 516 ... 562  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:19 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Yea, blondie!!

My best thing is Songza; it's a fun music app with playlists based on moods, and I'm discovering a lot of new music.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:17 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

my best thing was a dog walk on the cliffs right before sunset. there were one hundred million pelicans flying around, happy people with their dogs, surfers out on the water, and it was beautiful

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:23 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

ndpittman wrote:
Yea, blondie!!

My best thing is Songza; it's a fun music app with playlists based on moods, and I'm discovering a lot of new music.

This sounds fun!

ameyfm wrote:
my best thing was a dog walk on the cliffs right before sunset. there were one hundred million pelicans flying around, happy people with their dogs, surfers out on the water, and it was beautiful

This sounds wonderful.

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:16 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I woke up with a ton of energy and started drawing for my project, which I haven't felt like in a week, and I'm selling a bunch of stuff that I might earn a decent amount of money on, which is awesome because I'm broke and I am buying a couch, which might add up to the amount I will be earning if I'm lucky! Later I will clean the bathroom and the fridge. Yay for saturdays!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:18 am 
WRETCHED

After having a craptastic day yesterday, I decided to plant my bulbs this morning. Planting bulbs sounds easier than it actually is especially when dealing with clay soil (I mixed in some planting/top soil) and dealing with tree roots because the only place I really have to plant is around a tree. I will be happy come spring if they come to fruition though. Also, I saw a deer a few feet away from me, I've never seen one so close to the house and I met a new neighbor's dog.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:40 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

linanil wrote:
After having a craptastic day yesterday, I decided to plant my bulbs this morning. Planting bulbs sounds easier than it actually is especially when dealing with clay soil (I mixed in some planting/top soil) and dealing with tree roots because the only place I really have to plant is around a tree. I will be happy come spring if they come to fruition though. Also, I saw a deer a few feet away from me, I've never seen one so close to the house and I met a new neighbor's dog.

I planted some tulip bulbs a couple of weeks ago, and my soil had a lot of clay too, so I feel ya! It'll be worth it to see them come up in the spring, though.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:26 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

torque wrote:
i saw your pic and it reminded me of my old car (albeit mine was a little bit newer.... i had a small fiat and miss it so much! not such a fan of the big cars here.)

Bought a car today :)

Not the deal of the year, but it's seems fairly good for a reasonable price.

It's a Citroën AX. 19 years old, needs some work but it runs. It did 40 mpg on the highway today. (one of the reasons I was looking for this particular model)
I put other rims on it that my brother had and that looks better than the hub covers it came with.

My motor cycle next to it for size reverence :

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:56 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

ha, i love it! i miss my little teeny car, often for the mileage as you say but also for ease of parking in the city, there was no space I couldn't fit into.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:26 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I bought a car today, too! Now, I'm eating salad out of a mixing bowl. Today is awesome sauce.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:52 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I had the best customer today. She was in her 80's or 90's and looking for The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins or any other critiques on religion. She also cracked a joke about not worrying about her mother's antiques because the Earth is going to spin into a black hole in millions of years so why bother. She totally made my day. I want to be a funny, witty, interesting old lady someday.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:01 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Frozen White Russian. I tricked Molly by pouring some plain soy milk into a glass for her so she would leave mine alone.

I took codeine yesterday and earlier today but it hasn't helped even a little, so trying this instead.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:12 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Lavawich, I hope you feel better soon! You are way too hard on yourself. It sucks that you have mobility limitations, but that doesn't mean that you should become a hermit or beat your self up for wanting to get out and enjoy yourself! I'm also feeling guilty for you being in pain right now. I should have insisted that you just go home after we had lunch and not also done the museums. Maybe at least it will make you laugh to know that I think it was easier to get a tour of the Capitol Building than it was to get a wheel chair at the history museum!

Linanil, I'm sorry to hear that yesterday was sucktastic. Planting bulbs sounds like a good idea. I need to do some serious garden clean up before it snows!

Veg_Eric and mixmaster_mo, congrats on new cars!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:17 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Great hike in gorgeous weather with my extremely pleasant family.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:29 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
Lavawich, I hope you feel better soon! You are way too hard on yourself. It sucks that you have mobility limitations, but that doesn't mean that you should become a hermit or beat your self up for wanting to get out and enjoy yourself! I'm also feeling guilty for you being in pain right now. I should have insisted that you just go home after we had lunch and not also done the museums. Maybe at least it will make you laugh to know that I think it was easier to get a tour of the Capitol Building than it was to get a wheel chair at the history museum!

Linanil, I'm sorry to hear that yesterday was sucktastic. Planting bulbs sounds like a good idea. I need to do some serious garden clean up before it snows!

Veg_Eric and mixmaster_mo, congrats on new cars!

Ooh, noonononono! Don't feel guilty, please. I had such a great time and am glad I went and wouldn't change that. It was way worth the cost. I would do it again in a heartbeat. You were a trouper with the wheel chair. They are always harder than they look.

I also walk a lot at work, so in the past overdoing it a bit would just mean recovering the next day, but having to keep walking at work with parking means I don't have recovery time. I'd have been better within 24 hr if not for that. Then last night was just bad. I had a nasty fall.

I've just really been struggling this year with how to get out and do things. I'm not good at dealing with logistics and probably need to stop fighting and whining and planning to be better tomorrow and just accept that my mobility won't improve, so I need to adapt better.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:46 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Sam Winter is now on tap!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:22 am 
Naked Under Apron

my spouse's sister and her daughter are visiting us. last night was a sleepover and our niece brought her sleeping bag for our dog. she placed the sleeping bag on the end of the bed and juliebeans slept with her all night. she was so excited! today's gonna be a day of making pancakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies - and watching My Little Pony and other general awesomenesses. i love family! <3

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:16 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

yesterday my friend had a tea party themed birthday party, and it worked out wonderfully. unfortunately, the cake wasn't vegan, and there were store-bought danishes and a cheese/crackers platter, but i had tiny hummus sammichs, and seitan on toothpicks, and mini bean burgers, and pumpkin muffins, and a cherry tart. and varieties of tea served in adorable tea pots and tiny cups.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:22 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I JUST FOUND OUT THAT MINIATURE COWS ARE A REAL THING

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:38 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I emailled the little French cuisine, not-even-a-vegetarian-option-on-the-menu, boutique hotel where friends of ours are getting married in 2 weeks, asking if I could arrange a vegan dinner and breakfast (we're staying overnight and a big, cooked breakfast is included). Got an email back ten minutes later saying that it was no trouble at all and they would be more than happy to arrange a menu for my stay. No extra charge, no "but do you eat fish". Best Monday evah!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:03 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Not to be a downer, but I'd manage your expectations and save the excitement for when it pans out. Nothing is worse than being told to expect a nice meal and being handed a bowl of unseasoned brown rice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:27 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Yeah, I have had the whole "chicken caeser salad with the chicken picked out" or lettuce and tomato salad thing before. My cousin's wedding had vegetarian soup -made with cream and chicken stock- a mushroom lasagne (two noodles thrown in a bowl with some mushrooms on top. No seasoning, just cream dribbled all over it) and a dessert plate entirely made of dairy. I was so sad, as I'd made a point of returning my invite early with the note for a vegan meal. Thankfully the bread basket was pretty bottomless. Bread without spread and undressed side salad. Yum! :/

So far this place seems much better - there's some sort of winter salad with roasted beets to start, and a butternut squash and sage risotto. I'm hopeful that at the very least I won't starve!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:42 am 
Naked Under Apron

Mars wrote:

I dream of adopting a miniature goat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:36 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My dude arrived Friday night, and we literally spent the the weekend in bed (sleeping -- we're both recovering from serious colds). I'd had trouble sleeping before he came, which wasn't helping me recover, but sleep with him is so good, I feel great! Hooray!

Today's best thing is a meeting with the dept. statistician .... in which he did all of the analyses for me, on the spot, rather than leave me to my own (terrible, terrible) devices with R. I watched over his shoulder as statistical magic happened. It was great!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:09 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Mars wrote:

THIS IS A GAME CHANGER

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:57 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

kilgore trout wrote:
Mars wrote:

THIS IS A GAME CHANGER

PPK MINIATURE FARM SANCTUARY - COMPLETE WITH MINI RED BARN

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 14032 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515, 516 ... 562  Next